Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bollywood celebrities and defamation cases

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar’s defamation notice to a YouTuber from Bihar, seeking Rs 500 crore in damages for making “baseless allegations” against him in Sushant Singh Rajput’s case is the latest in series of defamation cases from the industry:

Lyricist Javed Akhtar early this month filed a criminal complaint against actor Kangana Ranaut in a local court for allegedly making defamatory and baseless comments against him in TV interviews.

Ranaut had alleged in the past that she was in an abusive relationship with Pancholi, when she was a newbie in Bollywood.

Pancholi claimed that the actor had been maligning him for years, but when she named him and spoke in a derogatory manner about him on television, he decided to file the complaint.

Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and his brother Mukesh Bhatt filed a defamation suit in the Bombay High Court in October against aspiring actor Luvienna Lodh for making defamatory, slanderous and false allegations against them.

Actor Richa Chadha in September had filed a defamation suit against an actor named Payal Ghosh after her name was dragged in a defamatory manner by Ghosh, who has accused filmmaker Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment.Chadha's defamation suit names a news channel and Kamaal R Khan as well. The case was settled after Ghosh apologized to Chadha.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Most of them deserve defamation suite for spewing venom.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Most of them deserve defamation suite for spewing venom.

Agreed.

These trolls forget that their freedom ends where the other's nose begins.

Most of all these idiots don't understand the difference between opinions and facts...you have a freedom to have an opinion but you don't have the freedom to distort facts.

You can call Karan Johar as vicious ...that would be an opinion...but to say that KJo murdered someone without proof is distortion of facts....and KJo can sue and own ur ass.....I hope some of them learn now..🤢

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Agreed.

These trolls forget that their freedom ends where the other's nose begins.

Most of all these idiots don't understand the difference between opinions and facts...you have a freedom to have an opinion but you don't have the freedom to distort facts.

You can call Karan Johar as vicious ...that would be an opinion...but to say that KJo murdered someone without proof is distortion of facts....and KJo can sue and own ur ass.....I hope some of them learn now..🤢

The strangest and also somewhat vicious  (or should I call it childish) thing I read on this forum is how since these celebrities get so much love, they should be able to take all the hatred and trolling also without complaining about it.🤔

Edited by cutejodikangal - 3 years ago
YehRashiThi thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

The strangest and also somewhat vicious  (or should I call it childish) thing I read on this forum is how since these celebrities get so much love, they should be able to take all the hatred and trolling also without complaining about it.🤔

Whaaaat?? It’s like if you drank the juice we sent, you should also drink the poison we made for you without complaining 😕

Waah waah 👏