Interesting post on Ayushmann - do u agree?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Read this on Quora:

"Ayushmann Khurrana is at the top of his game right now. And when I say top, I don’t mean an actor with a few hits alone in his arsenal. He’s one of the ‘consistent’ few, who’s wisely worked his way up prioritizing scripts — meaningful, clutter-breaking and his love for celluloid over everything else. The actor has smartly chosen middle-of-the-road films that blend mainstream and indie sensibilities, luring both masala and non-traditional audiences. From Vicky Donor to Dum Laga Ke Haisha, Badhaai Ho to Andhadhun, the actor is thwarting stereotypes — undoing the definition of a Hindi film ‘hero’ one movie at a time.

Having proved his mettle time and again juggling and acing different genres, his work is proof Khurana is already a ‘big thing’ in Bollywood."

Do you agree with this? Is he already a superstar?

Let's face it, he was the sole reason Bala garnered over 100 crores and Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhan, a film on homosexuality, grossed over 60 crores. I can't help feeling that if experimental films are doing well, then consider how well his movies would do if he did run-of-the-mill stuff.

As opposed to a cynic sating he makes his niche doing a certain kind of film, I would like to say that niche in doing taboo stuff is not a bad niche at all! How many other actors have managed that?

Discuss.

I agree with the script bit. He is one of the most wise ones with scripts. Post Bareilly ki Barfi, its as if he realized what a good script and having a good director on the project can do. 

His character may be set in a small city, almost having the same dialect and characterization, but each time, he manages to challange some social norm, or at least has a character that has some layers and depth, like in SMZS and Andhadun, respectively.

And I dont think only he alone was the reason Bala was a hit, though, it was released against another movie with the same concept, but had stronger cast, better script, better songs and the chemistry between Bhumi-Ayushmann-Yami worked for the movie. I mean, Yami was praised more than the other two for her acting.

Originally posted by oye_nakhrewaali

I agree with the script bit. He is one of the most wise ones with scripts. Post Bareilly ki Barfi, its as if he realized what a good script and having a good director on the project can do. 

His character may be set in a small city, almost having the same dialect and characterization, but each time, he manages to challange some social norm, or at least has a character that has some layers and depth, like in SMZS and Andhadun, respectively.

And I dont think only he alone was the reason Bala was a hit, though, it was released against another movie with the same concept, but had stronger cast, better script, better songs and the chemistry between Bhumi-Ayushmann-Yami worked for the movie. I mean, Yami was praised more than the other two for her acting.

That's true, but i do think Ayushmann was the crowd-puller in the movie. Yami and Bhumi hardly have any starpower. Acting -wise, all 3 were good, IMO. Even Ayushmann was very good.