US restaurant names their dish after Deepika Padukone

Posted: 3 years ago

US restaurant names their dish after Deepika PadukoneFood by Filmfare | Nov 18, 2020, 20:03 IST

Share this on

Deepika Padukone Dosa

Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone brought in 2019 in the US as they enjoyed a little time away from their hectic schedules. During their stay in Austin, Texas, the couple headed out to an Indian restaurant to grab a bite and were pleasantly surprised with what they saw.

Deepika Padukone Dosa

In the menu of the restaurant, there was a dosa by the name of Deepika Padukone. Deepika’s hubby Ranveer Singh shared a picture of the menu along with highlighting his wife’s name. The actor captioned the picture, “I’d eat that”. Take a look at the post below. 

Deepika Padukone Dosa

The picture instantly went viral on social media and fans couldn’t stop talking about it. Interestingly, a fan commented saying “You are also a Parantha Thali in Pune.”

Looks like Deepika Padukone has quite a fanbase especially among restaurant owners across the globe.

Wow❤️

Deepika is an international icon....so proud of her!!!

Edited by YoungHeart - 3 years ago

I’d eat that? The innuendo is not lost on us, Ranveer.😆Great publicity for the restaurant!

i guess she is the 2nd international icon (afte Mallika Sherawat) that a food item is named after. 🤣 what an Illustrated list.😳

Edited by Kaya65 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Kaya65

i guess she is the 2nd international icon (afte Mallika Sherawat) that a food item is named after. 🤣 what an Illustrated list.😳

Indeed an illustrious list but not 2nd. There were many before her and will be more after her. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foods_named_after_people

Achcha hai dairy ya meat item nahin hai.

Originally posted by cutejodikangal

Indeed an illustrious list but not 2nd. There were many before her and will be more after her. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foods_named_after_people

According to her fans she is a international icon because some indian restaurant named a dish after her😆

Seriously? It's not even a chain restaurant, might as well have some dhabha dish named after her 🤨.. Indian restaurants here are a dime a dozen, really not something to report about, but I guess jab kuch aur hai nahin, then yeh news hi sahi

nice way of promoting the business lol...