First Episode Updates 17 Nov 2020

Posted: 3 years ago

Firstly I'm glad to see Amar Upadhyay back as lead, I always thought he still looked good for his age. Never seen Priyal before,  but she did well... I liked her. 

Age gap relationship and love stories can be good, if done right and well.... and I like that in promos the question is asked can a Transaction marriage ever turn into Love... Can it cross that line..  so that is developement we can look forward to, how it happens and when it happens... 

Good opening first episode. It felt fresh esp in terms of the shows that are coming and came...  We got a set up of the two leads as characters, and their families and their background which is big contrast from the scenes and visuals

Rich and Poor. Wealthy and Poverty.

The poverty scenes felt so real as we Purvi and her mother and sister in thier little house hut, as it had been flooded with rain. You get the hint of that when we see Purvi remember one roti shared between 5 ppl in the family etc. 

Purvi is selfless... she has a big heart, and she lives for her family to see them better and get them out of poverty. And she is studying to provide for her family whilst her father is a useless and drunk...  Nice bond she has with her mother and sister/brother. 

Seems like she has a guy who likes her and she seems to likes but nothing further has happened...  hinted by her sister. 

Virendra Pratap Singh...  at first and from the promos seen, comes across intense and has fear installed in everyone but I think in the episode, it was more of they respect all have for him then just fear... 

Also he is stoic, but we come to see he is actually  good person... just by seeing his decision he made with the baby situation because his first decision just made him seem all cold-hearted but that wasnt the case... and I can see why that makes him a good Sarpanch of the village. There is a good man, deep hearted man there. Can I just mention his hair... I liked it, that little bit of salt and pepper look, more scenes without him in pagdi please ;) . 

A wealthy man, then he has to have a big mansion. At first I thought his whole family was going to be so intense with no life in the house, but it was good to see that the house is lively with the two kids (I assume its his) and his mother seems nice, and his mama, and I think that was his younger brother and sister in law....  But the house does fear and respect him... to see them all get in line to clean up the mess that they made when he was driving up to the mansion lol. 

I am guessing that Virendra lost his wife around 5 years... which is how long it seems his Mama has been asking him one question - Virendra to married again, but his answer has always been No and is No today too. You see that he keeps himself and the family within a barrier to himself.....  one side himself - other side his family. 

I'm also going to guess his decreased wife name was Sakshi? Just cos we see Sakshi Mill being mentioned and seen. And seeing how Virendra reacted when he saw it again.

Purvi's mother (and I think father) use to work there before it closed, all income stopped hence the poverty and state of their lives and their father being abusive and drunk. 

This is where Purvi and Virendra cross paths (visually) at first...  as he comes to visit the Mill, and she comes to study there and for peace and quiet away from home, but they missed seeing each other

(PurVir seems to be the pairing name from IG) 

I didnt think they would meet this soon but neither saw each other's faces yet in the mill, as she mistook him for a Goon, and he mistook her for a thief. 

I think most though these two will meet at Purvi's friend's Sudha's wedding which is where both have been invited to...  

I got to laugh the way Purvi got away but sticking a leftover plastic/glass into Virendra's foot lol.  Virendra finds her books. He hasn't put it together that, they were her books, just thinks it was some worker who left it there before. And he promises he will do anything to find out who the female thief was... 

I think with how things they have set up and the contrasts and how opposites they are in... we gonna see more of fate playing it's part by making them meet each time...   I initially thought from the first promos it will be just his family first making a transaction of buying her and then PurVir being married by not ever meeting each other before... 

Precap - Second episode....  I'm guessing we going to learn what Mol Ki Dulhan is and means... 

Edited by Lennie - 3 years ago

very well executive from the first episode really surprised to see that thing in Ekta show...

yeah Amar Upadhyay is back with a bang.... 

and the new girl is really amazing as purvi....

Great show and perfect execution

Hard to beleive that its Ekta Kapoor Show.

I guess Balika Vadhu writers are doing the show hence the flavour can be seen.

Brings back Uttaran Laado Balika Vadhu type memories

The show has been written quite well uptill now n screen play is strong. Based on rural set up I feel dey will really pull lot of rural audience. 

Dat authenticity dey huv is their plus point. 

Actors r pretty good but instead of love story I feel if dey show how dis practice is totally wrong because this  actually happen in some part of India where girls r sold off as a bride. 

I don't want them to limit serial to only love story, pyaar, parivaar ekta n all. 

It's a good thing rural background story r making a comeback after a long time. 

Lovely post Lennie

Moi am happy that I gave this show a try 😳😆....am surprised how well they executed the main aspect of the show ...the extreme part between the wealth and the poverty....it made me think that people are still poor in our days and living in such bad condition 😭.

The on real location was really well executed...kudos to the team👏👏

Both Amar and Priyal are doing a great job ....both are on their characters.  

In yday epi Purvi made me cried with her acting😭😭 When She was convincing everyone that She isn't a  thief ...also when She asked the lady for food....oh God it hurts🥺...the way She took the plastic bag.

So in Molkki tradition the girl must say YES then the wedding can take place ...but most of the times the girls say YES bcoz of their poverty and for the betterment of their family.

Am looking forward to tday epi...yday precap for tday i ll say it's till the end of this week....may be PurVir ll get married either on Friday or Monday 

Originally posted by Alpha_Ka_Gamma

Great show and perfect execution

Hard to beleive that its Ekta Kapoor Show.

I guess Balika Vadhu writers are doing the show hence the flavour can be seen.

Brings back Uttaran Laado Balika Vadhu type memories

I did not know, that's good added bonus. 

I think it's been a long time seeing Ekta/Balaji back with a show in rural setting. 

Originally posted by Sarcastic_me

The show has been written quite well uptill now n screen play is strong. Based on rural set up I feel dey will really pull lot of rural audience. 

Dat authenticity dey huv is their plus point. 

Actors r pretty good but instead of love story I feel if dey show how dis practice is totally wrong because this  actually happen in some part of India where girls r sold off as a bride. 

I don't want them to limit serial to only love story, pyaar, parivaar ekta n all. 

It's a good thing rural background story r making a comeback after a long time. 

Authenticity is def a plus point, and I hope they keep that going.

I want both - to see a love story (parivaar dynamic) and to see Molkki practise happening and why it's not right too, but the explanation given that it was made for poor girls to give them a new life and their parents that i can see why the village follows that esp since the choice in the end is left to the girl to say Yes or No...  but not each girl gets a good man in their lives which needs to be highlighted too

I also like the fact that we have Purvi who is a studious girl, maybe we will see her fight for this and also make Virendra see, that girls only option isnt just marriage or being Molkki dulhan 

Its a copy somewhat of ektas old show bandini that aired in 2009 ronit roy aasiya kazi starrer 

Same rural concept n village maalik middle aged widower  marries poor young  girl who already had a boyfriend  of sorts 

If anyone has watched it there is stark similarity 😊

But inspite of that enjoying  the show execution is good👍🏼

Originally posted by Ziva01

Lovely post Lennie

Moi am happy that I gave this show a try 😳😆....am surprised how well they executed the main aspect of the show ...the extreme part between the wealth and the poverty....it made me think that people are still poor in our days and living in such bad condition 😭.

The on real location was really well executed...kudos to the team👏👏

Both Amar and Priyal are doing a great job ....both are on their characters.  

In yday epi Purvi made me cried with her acting😭😭 When She was convincing everyone that She isn't a  thief ...also when She asked the lady for food....oh God it hurts🥺...the way She took the plastic bag.

So in Molkki tradition the girl must say YES then the wedding can take place ...but most of the times the girls say YES bcoz of their poverty and for the betterment of their family.

Am looking forward to tday epi...yday precap for tday i ll say it's till the end of this week....may be PurVir ll get married either on Friday or Monday 

Thanks.

The execution of the poor setting and poverty was well done, you just feel for them, like it clenches your emotions and then seeing Purvi ask for food and that bag. 

I'm just glad Purvi was proven wrong, that Mamaji saw everything and Purvi is truthful. And we see that Mamaji felt for her as she was crying. 

I think one of my fave moments from the second episode has to be the explanation of what Molkki dulhan means and why this tradition and practise is there... and what happens and that a girl has a choice to say Yes and No. But I'm going to guess most of them say Yes due to the poverty they live in and to better their lives and their parents etc. 

I'm glad that scene was with Virendra and Purvi cos usually you get some side character or others explaining to everyone what Molkki dulhan means... 

Fate is playing a part in PurVir meetings now it seems... and both at a place where their situation is nearer to saying Yes to getting married. 

I wasn't expecting the marriage/wedding to happen this soon...

Edited by Lennie - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Lennie

Thanks.

The execution of the poor setting and poverty was we done, you just feel for them, like it clenches your emotions and then seeing Purvi ask for food and that bag. 

I'm just glad Purvi was proven wrong, that Mamaji saw everything and Purvi is truthful. And we see that Mamaji felt for her as she was crying. 

I think one of my fave moments from the second episode has to be the explanation of what Molkki dulhan means and why this tradition and practise is there... and what happens and that a girl has a choice to say Yes and No. But I'm going to guess most of them say Yes due to the poverty they live in and to better their lives and their parents etc. 

I'm glad that scene was with Virendra and Purvi cos usually you get some side character or others explaining to everyone what Molkki dulhan means... 

Fate is playing a part in PurVir meetings now it seems... and both at a place where their situation is nearer to saying Yes to getting married. 

I wasn't expecting the marriage/wedding to happen this soon...

I feel Mamaji ll support Purvi after marriage...as u said he felt for her when he was crying.

Yeah PurVir shaadi is based on Mollki tradition but they are bound by fate in a way too.

She ll say Yes as her sis is preggy....she doesn't hv any other option to save her family from dishonour.

You are right Lennie this show is heart wrenching in emotions