The 'Growing Up' Conundrums- A RudhiTa OS

Posted: 3 years ago

Hello dear friends, I have recently caught up with the show and am new to the forum. The show is amazing, and this growing up stage of Bondita is intriguing me the most. Especially the topic related to her menstrual cycle. 

So, an idea stemmed in my mind and I had to end up writing an OS on it to stop thinking about it! 😆So, here is a LOOOOOOOOOONG OS, which I am going to break in two parts. Please bear with me and do not hate me for choosing this topic to write on. I am a doctor and I am perfectly comfortable discussing this topic at length, but then I thought to keep it simple and let Aniruddh handle the issue when he faces it in my OS...

😆

So, here it is for you all beautiful people out there. Hope you like it... 🤗

P.S. I am a K-drama addict and a while ago, in a drama called 'Personal Taste,' I saw the hero taking care of the heroine during her troubling times, and it was so sweet to watch. 

Anyway, here is the OS... Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Kia hua Bondita? Tabyat theek nahi hai kia tumhari?” Aniruddh noticed that his normally very active and chirpy disciple was not in her normal form today, since the beginning of their class. In fact, she had been unnaturally quiet and did not even respond in her usual, bright way when Aniruddh praised her homework and her performance in the recent test that he had given to her and in which she had aced. He noticed everything about her,and her unusual behavior raised his alarm.

“Haan pati babu, pata nahi aaj subha se hi pait mien dard horha hai.” Bondita replied to his question, scrunching her face, expressing her problem to the only person she felt the closest to.

“Arey, tou pehle kyun nahi bataya Bondita? Aaj break de deta na padhai se tumko mien ager tabyat theek nahi thy tou,” Aniruddh responded immediately.

“Nahi nahi pati babu...padhai ka tou harj nahi hona chahiye na kisi bhi haalat mien?” She innocently declared, and Aniruddh was once again left in awe because of her passion and love for studies. He was really proud of her, and although he was a strict teacher who valued punctuality and discipline,he could not bear to see his little wife being unwell and still putting so much effort to study.

Shaking his head slightly, he put the chalk in his hand back near the blackboard, and closing the book that he was holding, he said, “NahiBondita, tumhari tabyat se badh ker nahi hai kuch bhi. Aur jab tum theek nahi hogy tou padhai bhi samajh aaye gy kia tumko? Chalo, aaj chhuti tumhari. Jao jaa ker aram kero, aur ager thodi deir mien pait ka dard theek na ho tou mujhe batana. Mien tumko doctor ke pas le jaoonga.” With that, he dismissed the class.

But his focus was on Bondita. She did not say anything else about his dismissal of the class, nor did she say anything in objection to going to the dreaded ‘doctor babu.’ Very quietly, she just rose from her little desk and left his study.

“Arey! Bondita waqai aaj theek nahi hai. Apna bag bhi chhod gai yahin, jab ke roz tou usko itne dhiyaan se le ker jaty hai.” He worriedly looked at the cute little bag that she had sewn herself, and that even had two buttons from one of his favorite coats! Aniruddh would have killed anyone else who would have touched his coat like that, lekin Bondita ke liye tou saat khoon maaf hain! He chuckled at how that one little girl was capable to rotate him around her little finger, but his amusement was short-lived as he recalled how ill she looked just a while ago.

Packing her neatly covered books and her self-sewn pencil box in her bag, he started to call for Koyeli when he suddenly recalled that she had gone to her village for a couple of days. Thinking to call Bihari, he went outand found Trilochan Kaka sending Bihari off for some market errand.

“Chalo, mien khud hi room mien rakh aata hun uski cheezein. Dekh bhi lun ga ke aram bhi ker rahy ya phir kisi shararat mien lagy hui hai.”Thinking to himself, he started ascending the stairs that took him to the room which they both shared.

Reaching the room, he was welcomed by some eerie silence,which was not at all how the room used to be if Bondita was inside. This panicked him more, and made him call out her name, “Bonditaaa, Bonditaaa, kahan ho tum?”

And that was when he heard a small sniffle... The sound pricked his ears because it sounded like Bondita’s sniffle... and if that was the case, then it meant that she was crying somewhere.

Aniruddh was genuinely panicked now and was about to call her name frantically once again when his eyes collided with her small body, huddled near the bathroom door. She was sitting on the floor and her whole body was jerking with bitter sobs.

Now, Aniruddh Roy Choudhary could see anything...but his little wife’s tears always did something to his heart too. He just could not see his Bondita crying, and that too, so badly.

And why the hell was she sitting on the floor? A wildthought crossed his mind.

Quickly, he went near her, sat beside her, and very gently,reached out to support her body. Holding her shoulders, he called her out tenderly,“Bondita, ooper dekho. Mujhe batao kia hua hai? Kia ziada tabyat kharab horhyhai?”

His question and his nearness stilled her, but suddenly she started crying more violently. Unable to understand anything, Aniruddh forced her to raise her head, and then her tear-drenched face, puffy eyes, and red nose made him forget all gentleness! He shook her a bit and asked urgently, “Kia hua hai Bondita? Doctor ke pas chalien?”

He was about to rise from the floor when she shook her head in negative and said,

“Abh doctor ke pas Janay ka koi faida nahi hai pati babu.Mien marrne wali hun!” And with that, her wailing intensified.

To say that Aniruddh was shocked would be an understatement! He was stupefied!

“Kia bol rhy ho Bondita? Kon marrne wala hai? Hua kia hai?Batao tou sahi?”

And that was when she shifted her body a little and pointedtowards her sari.

Aniruddh’s frantic gaze fell on where she was pointing, and henoticed a bloodstain. Going crazy with worry to see the source of injury, he moved her body a bit and saw that there was blood on the floor too, precisely at the spot where she had been sitting.

And instant realization dawned on him at the exact moment!

“Oh, God!”

And the immediate horrifying thought that followed theepiphany was: “How do I handle this situation?? Koyeli bhi nahi hai haveli mien, Sampoorna bhi maikay gayee hui hai... Mien kaise sambhaalun Bondita ko aur uski samassiya ko?”

But then, of course, he was the most rational human being on this planet. Besides, he was an educated man. How could he let his wife continue thinking that she was afflicted by some ‘illness’ and was about to die because of it? He had to do something.

Scratching his head a bit and thinking for a while, he decided that he had to help his little wife. These are normal, physiological changes that all growing bodies go through. He recalled his own instance when he had hit puberty. And then he recalled how he had helped Somnath with the conundrums of a growing body.

Deciding that it was more or less the same for Bondita, he thought to comfort her first.

Holding her small hands in one of his own and wiping her tears simultaneously, he said,

“Shh shhh, Bondita... rou nahi. Dekho yeh koi beemari nahi hai. Yeh har aurat ke sath hota hai.” And then he explained the whole matter to her in as simple words as possible.

Edited by Doc.love - 3 years ago

Continuation: 

Bondita had forgotten her crying, and now she was listening to her pati babu telling about some alien things to her, but above all, she registered how tenderly he was holding her hands and how sweetly he was talking to her. Part of her worries vanished on just being handled with so much care and love.

But even in her state of mixed emotions, she did not forget to ask her pati babu. “Aisa sirf ladkion ke sath hi kyun hota hai pati babu?Ladkon ke sath kyun nahi? Ladkon aur ladkion mien farq hai kia?”

Aniruddh had expected something like that. He smiled and said, “Nahi Bondita, ladkon ke ander alag badlao atay hain jab woh aik khaas umer mien pohanchte hain. Ladkion ka thoda sa alag hota... lekin dono hi mien kuch na kuch badlao zarur atay hain iss umer mien. Tum ne apni Sampoorna didi ko dekha hoga. Woh badi hain tumse tou unka shareer tumse alag hai. Tum bhi samay ke sath badi hogy. Tumhara qad badhay ga, aur bhi buht se badlao ayeinge.Isi terha jab mien tumhari umer ka tha tou mera qad chota tha... aur meri daarhi mooch bhi nahi thy. Lekin samay ke sath mujh mien bhi badlao aya na. Tou yeh qudrat ka qanoon hai aur aise insanon ko banaya gaya hai.”

Having explained all that, he returned his attention to the present situation and said, “Tou Bondita, abhi aisa kerte hain ke mien tumko lady doctor ke pas le jata hun. Woh acchay se tumhari jaanch ker lien gy, aur tumko batayein ke tumne agay kis terha se manage kerna hai.”

Bondita nodded her head in affirmation. Although her pati babu was saying that it was not an illness, still she did not feel good about her health at all. Her rational mind pointed out that it was not the time to get worried about going to a doctor. For all she knew, she had to get better to resume her studies and carry on with her life as usual.

Aniruddh saw her acceptance and rising up, he helped her rise up too.

There were things that needed to be addressed first though! He could not take Bondita to the doctor in the same stained sari, and he had to wipe off the bloodstain from the white floors too before Bihari or anyone else saw it.

Sending her off to the bathroom, he quickly went downstairs to get a cleaning rag. Once he was done with that, he looked inside his cupboard for his first aid kit. He had some cotton rolls in it that he had brought from London. Carefully taking a small portion of cotton out, he knocked on the bathroom door.

They were very close to each other and after he brought her back from the Hira Mandi, they had promised to never hide anything from one another. They shared everything... but surprisingly, Barrister babu had never even had a fleeting thought about anything related to his wife’s clothing, and more precisely, her innerwear!

But dealing with difficult things with practicality was one of his mantras! So, scratching his head, he called her out, “Bondita, yeh rui le lou...aur isko apne androoni vastar mien rakh lou takay jo bhi khoon aye, who iss mien aye, aur tumhari sari na kharab ho. Theek hai?”

She opened the door slightly, and he handed her over the things.

After a while, when she came out, she had bathed and changed into the sari that he had given to her.

“Chalien phir, Bondita?” He asked her, and she nodded slightly.

Together they went to the lady doctor’s clinic. This lady doctor was a Britisher who had recently been appointed in Tulsipur. Aniruddh’s family had good ties with the Britishers, so they did not have to wait long. And soon,the doctor called them inside her office.

Aniruddh explained to her everything in English and kept repeating the doctor’s replies in Hindi for Bondita. She checked her and explained to Aniruddh how to maintain hygiene during this time of the month, and how to take care of Bondita’s diet and activity during this period.She even told him to keep a check on her cycle every month because she is new, and her cycle may be a little disturbed initially.

She was particularly happy to see that Aniruddh had given her clean cotton instead of some dirty rags that women in villages were used to wear during these days. She explained how important it was to stay clean, hydrated, and happy during this while, and Aniruddh translated everything forBondita.

In the end, the doctor praised Aniruddh for being so caring towards his wife when other men usually thought that this condition makes a woman impure. Men did not even go close to menstruating women. Anuruddh just looked at Bondita fondly, and with a smile said, “She is my wife doctor. If I do not care for her well-being, who will then?”

He did not translate his departing comments for Bondita though...But Bondita was already feeling a lot better because the doctor had confirmed that she was not going to die anytime soon, and that she would be there with her amazing pati babu for surely a very long time.

That night, after asking Bihari to give her a glass of warm milk with turmeric that the doctor had advised, Aniruddh just tucked her in the bed and gave a hot water bottle to her to soothe her bellyache. When she was fast asleep, he went to his study and took out some of his medical books to read through this important topic which he had not studied much about before. He never had a sister or any female figure as such except for Mini in his life. He only knew about this matter on a superficial level, but he was aware that in his society, there were such norms that judged the purity of women on the basis of this normal physiologic process.

This subsequently brought another disturbing thought to his mind. He had to tell his Kaka about it because he liked to do pooja with Bondita every day. Although Aniruddh did not believe in shudh and ashudh but he had learned not to question things that were related to religion. Culture, yes. He always stood against divisive cultural norms and he would continue to do so, but Religion, never.

He decided to handle things very sensitively for Bondita. He had to let his Kaka know that Bondita would not be praying for a little while. Of course, that would lead to another argument about her banishment from the kitchen also, but that is where Aniruddh decided to put his foot down. He would explain to his Kaka that Bondita is not ashudh... No woman is ashudh. They can still go in the rasoi... cook food, have it for themselves, stay in the bounds of their homes, and do not have to go and live in a secluded room in the courtyard for all those days.

He knew that he would have to go through a lot of arguments, but he would take care of it all. He could never let his Bondita sleep anywhere alone where he would not be able to keep an eye on her. And what if she was in pain? The thought tore a few of his heartstrings. “Nahi... mien sath rahun ga uske. Sambhaal lun ga usko.”

Smiling at his own possessively caring thoughts, he closed the book and decided to go upstairs and sleep in the room instead of the sofa in the study. He had to make sure that Bondita was alright all night... and anyway, it was his room also, and she was his wife.

With all that in mind, he switched off the lights of his study and left to be by his little wife’s side. 

Edited by Doc.love - 3 years ago

I must say you have entered the BB forum with a BANG 👏 What an amazing write up on such a sensitive topic 👍🏼 LOVED this 😳 This particular track/topic is what I am looking forward to after school track in the show I hope makers will not overlook it. Welcome to the forum 🤗 I can very well imagine whatever you have penned down 😳

RES

PS; Yaar copy paste karte vaqt 'paste as plain text' option use karo otherwise the texts will come together without space.

Very well written 👍🏼 and a much awaited topic ❤️

I loved how supportive Ani was and that is something we all expect from him  He is so caring omg  such a sweetheart ❤️ 

I was thinking of writing on this topic but it was taking me forever 😆 Thanks for this, it's beautiful ❤️

And you're a doctor 😳 then who else could have written it better 🤗 

I would love to extend this idea and write something on Period taboos.

A much-needed post dealing with this sensitive topic. 🤗

Written by a Doctor means, educative, and a reflection of the old-time thought process which explained everything in a detailed and delicate way. 👏 

Brilliant concept and brilliant writing. How sensible Ani is. Loved reading this piece. Keep writing and welcome to this forum🤗

(P.S i am new here too)

Originally posted by Arpita_De

I must say you have entered the BB forum with a BANG 👏 What an amazing write up on such a sensitive topic 👍🏼 LOVED this 😳 This particular track/topic is what I am looking forward to after school track in the show I hope makers will not overlook it. Welcome to the forum 🤗 I can very well imagine whatever you have penned down 😳

Hiii! Thank you soo much for such a lovely comment anf your warm welcome... 🤗Yea, this topic is really important to address in the show, and I have some hopes because the CVs previously touched the topic of Sex education also in a nice and subtle manner. So, I am hopeful that they will not skip this important part of Bondita's growing up and Aniruddh's life experiences with her too. With her, he also grows na... 🙂🙂 

Originally posted by Sujz

RES

PS; Yaar copy paste karte vaqt 'paste as plain text' option use karo otherwise the texts will come together without space.

Areyyyy thank you so much yar! Mien yehi heiran thy ke aise kyun nazar aarha hai yahan jab ki miene proof-read kia tha Word per.  Chalo next time koi OS likha tou dhiyan rakhun gy 👍🏼 The site has changed quite a lot. The last forum I used to regularly visit and write fictions for was I think Bepannah's... which ended I guess around 1.5 years ago... Uske baad kabhi koi fanfiction likha nahi kisi ke liye tou post kerne ki nobat nahi aayi... 😆 Tou yeh technical locha malum nahi tha... But thank you for letting me know... 🤗

Originally posted by ..RiMi..

Very well written 👍🏼 and a much awaited topic ❤️

I loved how supportive Ani was and that is something we all expect from him  He is so caring omg  such a sweetheart ❤️ 

I was thinking of writing on this topic but it was taking me forever 😆 Thanks for this, it's beautiful ❤️

And you're a doctor 😳 then who else could have written it better 🤗 

I would love to extend this idea and write something on Period taboos.

Heyy... Thank you so much for such kind comments.... 🤗Yea... this topic is very important, and I hope they do cover it in the show... 👍🏼 And I would love to read your fanfic regarding this topic too. I am sure you will write 1000 times better than me.. 🤗👍🏼 So please do write on it... Will wait.... 🙂🙂