Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Akshay Kumar announces his next titled 'Ram Setu' - Page 4

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I haven't seen it but my friend saw it and told me the following:

1. So Kiara's a Hindu and Akshay is a Muslim in the film. The movie has one scene where they are talking about their marriage and Kiara's Hindu family has shunned them...only the Hindus have a problem.

2. Next there's a scene where Laxxmi as a child was not given food by a Hindu priest but a Muslim accepts her. Her Hindu parents have shunned her. Ironic, coming from the fact that transgenders were highly respected in Ancient India...it was years of colonisation and the conquerers' attitudes towards them that changed us. But the film doesn't even mention this.

3. Climax was the worst. Now Akshay possessed by Laxxmi is trying to kill the villain of the film. The villain is inside Laxmi Maa ka mandir. But possessed Akshay cant enter since the ghost is a trans. Matlab our Gods also discriminate based on gender 🤢

In Sanatan Dharma:

• Vishnu turns to Mohini and Shiva becomes enamoured by this avatar.
  • Ila was gender fluid and as a woman was the progenitor of the Chandravanshi dynasty from where the Yaduvanshis (Krishna), Kauravas and Pandavas were born 
  • Shiva-MahaGauri's most well known form together is known as Ardhanareshwar, which is also the iconography of all masculine and feminine energies of the universe...together they make the genderless Brahman, the ultimate reality. Its the feminine Adi Shakti who was torn apart from Shiva to make all realities possible, she is the energy of the cosmos whereas Shiva is formless, limitless, transcendent and the primal atman of the universe. Together they have no gender. 

So you can see why I am ultimately pissed. These guys really think they can come up with stuff to insult Sanatana Dharma time and again? Its highly disappointing and disrespectful...and if thats what makes me a bhakt then I'm glad to be one. 

Showing that strict Muslims are pro-LGBT+ is plain ridiculous... anyone who tells you that is either dangerously ill informed themselves, or they're the ones trying to ill-inform you...

Even here in the U.K. there was recently a big fuss in which Muslim parents started protesting outside  schools because they were teaching kids about gay relationships (without condemning them)...

Yes there is homophobia in contemporary Indian society (mostly due to influence of colonisers, as you said) but it is NOWHERE on the scale that the homophobia in certain other societies... movies like SMZS2 and even this "Laxmiii" would never even be allowed to release there (let alone becoming hits)...

And you're right,  LGBT people being barred from entering temples 100% not a thing... third gender/intersex people can be seen there often ... 

What a rubbish representation of LGBT people's situation in India... and after googling today I found that some trans people found the "comedy" in it very insensitive too... what a mess!👎🏼

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

3. Climax was the worst. Now Akshay possessed by Laxxmi is trying to kill the villain of the film. The villain is inside Laxmi Maa ka mandir. But possessed Akshay cant enter since the ghost is a trans. Matlab our Gods also discriminate based on gender 🤢

@bold: The ghost couldn't enter the temple as it's a ghost but Asif being a human could.