Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: kizh72

AO3 wow!

Thanks, but its not Arshi fanfic. I'm seeing lot of ipk fans getting into K-pop fandoms now. 

Yes, everyone is making hay while the sunshines. Unfortunately, I am too old-school to connect with the young enthusiasts, and the conspicuous problem is that if I dont connect with the characters, I cant get involved in the story. 

Another issue is the visibility and reading experience which is way better on Wattpad (where I follow many non-Arshi stories) as compared to Smashwords, AO3, FictionPress etc. -(: 

The only hope is that Krani would finish Arranged Marriage, eventually. The story was discontinued at an interesting point. Would love to see this one conclude.  

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ecrivain

Yes, everyone is making hay while the sunshines. Unfortunately, I am too old-school to connect with the young enthusiasts, and the conspicuous problem is that if I dont connect with the characters, I cant get involved in the story. 

Another issue is the visibility and reading experience which is way better on Wattpad (where I follow many non-Arshi stories) as compared to Smashwords, AO3, FictionPress etc. -(: 

The only hope is that Krani would finish Arranged Marriage, eventually. The story was discontinued at an interesting point. Would love to see this one conclude.  

AO3 as the name suggests is primarily an Archive. It was started by folk who can be called academics I guess. They started it as a place where people could archive their fan work. I agree Wattpad is good from a reading perspective, but I'm not a fan as far as interactions are concerned. Platforms like wordpress is better from that perspective. There's more of a community feeling. 

I hope too that Krani will finish Arranged marriage. 

Ecrivain thumbnail

AO3 as the name suggests is primarily an Archive. It was started by folk who can be called academics I guess. They started it as a place where people could archive their fan work. I agree Wattpad is good from a reading perspective, but I'm not a fan as far as interactions are concerned. Platforms like wordpress is better from that perspective. There's more of a community feeling. 

I hope too that Krani will finish Arranged marriage. 

Not sure why you are sounding like my alter ego, but I completely agree, the readers on Wattpad are more and many, one never knows how a comment is perceived by passionate/ardent followers. πŸ˜†Hence, the skepticism in sharing my thoughts there. Both, WP and IF, are relatively much better in that aspect. However, I have just grown so accustomed to this place over the years, that it feels like home. 

Some readers have asked her about Arranged Marriage, and she mentioned that she is too preoccupied with other stories atm. But hope is where the heart is. 

Edited by Ecrivain - 3 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ecrivain

Not sure why you are sounding like my alter ego, but I completely agree, the readers on Wattpad are more and many, one never knows how a comment is perceived by passionate/ardent followers. πŸ˜†Hence, the skepticism in sharing my thoughts there. Both, WP and IF, are relatively much better in that aspect. However, I have just grown so accustomed to this place over the years, that it feels like home. 

Some readers have asked her about Arranged Marriage, and she mentioned that she is too preoccupied with other stories atm. But hope is where the heart is. 

We are not alone, there are many who feel the same wayπŸ˜† Plus I find that commenting on every line/paragraph feature a pain while wading through comments which seem silly or stupid for lack of a better word. Oh well, I've also felt the folks there are very young, so there must be generation gap too!πŸ˜†

Are you reading Prithvi? The crowd there can get quite testy.

About Krani, I can see how new interests could mean that one is not interested/lost interest in continuing an old one. But fingers crossed she'll decide to give it an ending.

Ecrivain thumbnail

We are not alone, there are many who feel the same wayπŸ˜† Plus I find that commenting on every line/paragraph feature a pain while wading through comments which seem silly or stupid for lack of a better word. Oh well, I've also felt the folks there are very young, so there must be generation gap too!πŸ˜†

Are you reading Prithvi? The crowd there can get quite testy.

About Krani, I can see how new interests could mean that one is not interested/lost interest in continuing an old one. But fingers crossed she'll decide to give it an ending.

Prithvi, the one from VermillionBlue/ Ranjana? I have started it recently on a friend's recommendation, and I realized that there are quite a few volumes to catch up. The story won the Wattpad India Award last year, and I liked her depiction of Prithvi & Nandini. A very compelling one, I must say. 

Not just for Prithvi, on other stories too the crowd is juvenile, at times. Yup, generation gap at best. πŸ˜†

Unfortunately, I tend to invest my emotions in the story, and nothing puts me off more than an unfinished story. I can imagine that life gets in the way, but at least, a synopsis of the tale on how the author had perceived the characters/story, would do so much good for bringing about that closure. But we can only hope. 

Edited by Ecrivain - 3 years ago
Money_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

A query again...πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

there used to be a story "the newyork times" in Geet forums. i know it has been removed from IF bust just in case there is any other platform the author might have publish it ?  please help..

ArShiFever. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

1) Khushi leaves or is thrown out by Raizada. Akash treats khushi as a little sister. Khushi returns because of her dad maybe. It is revealed to the family that Payal had called Khushi multiple names and accused her of seducing Arnav and Shyam despite the fact she knew about the engagement. Khushi reveals that Payal wanted to marry Arnav. Khushi is staying in a hotel and Arnav comes. They end up sleeping together. Khushi next day calls in a one-night stand. Later Arnav finds out Khushi is having health issues(heart problems) and the only way to resolve it is by Khushi staying in India and dealing with issues. Payal comes to meet Khushi and accuse her again which causes Khushi to have another attack but thankfully Arnav comes in time and save her.

2) I don't remember much but no one support Khushi when she tries to reveal Shyam truth other than Akash, NK and maybe Payal and her dad. Khushi leaves with her dad. After his death, the truth is revealed. But Khushi refuses to forgive. She is living in apartment with NK help and trying to become independent.

3)Khushi is Arnav's boss. Anjali is the only one Arnav have I think. One time during working late Khushi comes to get coffee and hears Arnav talking to his di(Anjali). Khushi doesn't have anyone and usually try to busy herself in work to forget her past. I also remember that in the story they were talking about some kind banner or was it a logo that will come next week for the project they were working on. I think Arnav gave some kind of idea that Khushi approved. I think he was the lead of the project or something.

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Raji, nice you opened a third thread to find stories we have forgotten over time. 

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArShiFever.

1) Khushi leaves or is thrown out by Raizada. Akash treats khushi as a little sister. Khushi returns because of her dad maybe. It is revealed to the family that Payal had called Khushi multiple names and accused her of seducing Arnav and Shyam despite the fact she knew about the engagement. Khushi reveals that Payal wanted to marry Arnav. Khushi is staying in a hotel and Arnav comes. They end up sleeping together. Khushi next day calls in a one-night stand. Later Arnav finds out Khushi is having health issues(heart problems) and the only way to resolve it is by Khushi staying in India and dealing with issues. Payal comes to meet Khushi and accuse her again which causes Khushi to have another attack but thankfully Arnav comes in time and save her.

Thanks to mu12, we got a name for this story.  

This story is incomplete.  I think only 2 or 3 chapters were left to complete the story.

If anybody wants to give it a go.....

The Wait - Thread 1

The wait - Thread 2

Cheers......

1. Yeh Dil yeh Pagal Dil Mera

2. Tujhe Har Gham Se

6. Hum dil de chuke sanam

8. Tunak tunak

9. Kya huwa tera wada

10. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Edited by Savera84 - 3 years ago
ArShiFever. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

Thanks to mu12, we got a name for this story.  

This story is incomplete.  I think only 2 or 3 chapters were left to complete the story.

If anybody wants to give it a go.....

The Wait - Thread 1

The wait - Thread 2

Cheers......

Thank you so much 😊