Dear Makers, thank you for Veer! - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

Arre haan. I also want a glimpse of “Adi Naagin ki shakti” and Veer ka “sabse taqatwar banna”. Abhi tak we haven’t got to see ki aisi kaun si powers jiske upar everyone is going crazy 😆 

Originally posted by J2lover

Same here! Am okay even if they don't move forward much as lovers,😆 but I badly wanna see them fighting together for once!😎 That too in their original forms!😎

Originally posted by gurl-enchanted

Mujhe lagta hai she will not try to harm Veer again due to this but would definitely keep being her caustic self and give snippy remarks to him. That’s because she wants to continue the “I hate you” wala raag and protect herself from falling completely for him. 

But apna Veer is also so determined ki he will inch deeper under her skin in some way or the other

@Red: At which she's gonna fail miserbly!😆

Arre haan. I also want a glimpse of “Adi Naagin ki shakti” and Veer ka “sabse taqatwar banna”. Abhi tak we haven’t got to see ki aisi kaun si powers jiske upar everyone is going crazy 😆 

Exactly! I have seen Veer using magic at least once or twice, that also for trivial reasons only! But bani? All does does it fights with her tail and poison!😆

Bas issi cheez ka intezaar hai  For some reason, I really want a rain sequence with VAni. Bahot sundar lagega and lots of scope for romance 

@Red: At which she's gonna fail miserbly!😆

Yeah! And those laughable moves with Mayuri yesterday 🤣 It was really funny. Bas ek pillar se doosre pillar pe patakna and then again throat ko dabana 

Exactly! I have seen Veer using magic at least once or twice, that also for trivial reasons only! But bani? All does does it fights with her tail and poison!😆

Everything in this post is like a satyavachan - no lies detected 😆

I very much enjoy the way Veer's character has been shaped, and indeed how Sharad plays him. Veer is dominating and strong and has a healthy ego, but he doesn't confuse 'love and passion' with 'humiliating a woman'. So many times you see the prototype alpha male lead who is so out of touch with his own feelings (often only towards the female lead, otherwise he's respectful to everyone else in the world🤔) that he basically uses the woman as a personal punching bag until he's ready to learn how to be a grown-up. By which point of course the woman is deeply and madly in love with him for some reason, and so there's never any redemption of his unnecessary aggression and humiliation. 

Yes, Veer too does and has done the "chasing the heroine around the room to corner her" thing, but it was never with the intention to humiliate or scare her, or to prove his manliness over someone smaller or "weaker" than him. 

One moment that always stands out for me is from one of the earlier episodes - when Bani literally pushes him out of that party venue because "it's not yet 9pm", and he's out there lying back against his car, waiting. His brothers are surrounding him like the devils on his shoulder, affronted by Bani's actions and egging him on in a way to teach her a lesson. And for a moment it looks like the show will have Veer do exactly that as he jumps up off the car. Any other show, any other male lead probably would have done that - stalked back in there and found a way to "teach her a lesson" for daring to stand up to him. But Veer just looks at his brothers and is like, dudes, this is bad advice. I like this girl, why would I want to hurt her. He just straight up rejects that whole line of thinking, and this is before we've ever seen him do anything particularly nice, this is even before (by his own admission) he's ever truly cared for a human being. 

That split second of a scene shouldn't have been remarkable, but to me, it was, because it feels so rare on Indian TV. 

I guess the biggest plus to Veer's character, the thing that shapes everything else, is that he is not emotionally repressed, by any stretch of the imagination smiley36 jo dil mein hai, woh bolne ki himmat zuban par bhi hai. He's also not a fool about it - he's not trusting of every idiot who wanders into his path, and his brain is sharp and calculating - but it is so nice to see a ML who isn't afraid of the softer emotions.

Edited by psawyer - 3 years ago

True. Veer’s love IS the core of his character. That is how he loves and it defines all his decisions. We are used to more of conflicted characters on television, who are not in touch with their feelings. Hence, people may get worried that Veer will be shown mahaan. Point is he IS mahaan but not stupidly so. He is mahaan because his love is that great. Not because he doesn’t have grey shades. He is fully willing to bow down to his wife but he is strong enough to take harsh decisions like killing Jai. He won’t do it now because it’s his wife’s wish but that is his first instinct even now. 

Veer is the most well written character in the show. Honest and upfront about himself and his feelings. Different hai woh from other male leads who would turn vengeful after such big revelations. Hence, digest karne mein time lag sakta hai. 

This is NOT going to be the show where the ML takes revenge or tortured the FL for any reason. Ultimately, people have to accept that and once they do, they will see ki iss type of love mein alag nasha hai. Thrill hai. Magic hai. 

Naagin Male leads dont torture female leads , they may get angry 4 some times but hardly do anything to female leads except S2 rocky .

Yeah! And those laughable moves with Mayuri yesterday 🤣 It was really funny. Bas ek pillar se doosre pillar pe patakna and then again throat ko dabana 

Sometimes I really don't understand! This is a biweekly show! How can they run out of time for editing and VFX!😆 Why so poor execution!😆 

Originally posted by psawyer

Everything in this post is like a satyavachan - no lies detected 😆

I very much enjoy the way Veer's character has been shaped, and indeed how Sharad plays him. Veer is dominating and strong and has a healthy ego, but he doesn't confuse 'love and passion' with 'humiliating a woman'. So many times you see the prototype alpha male lead who is so out of touch with his own feelings (often only towards the female lead, otherwise he's respectful to everyone else in the world🤔) that he basically uses the woman as a personal punching bag until he's ready to learn how to be a grown-up. By which point of course the woman is deeply and madly in love with him for some reason, and so there's never any redemption of his unnecessary aggression and humiliation. 

Yes, he too does and has done the "chasing the heroine around the room to corner her" thing, but it was never with the intention to humiliate or scare her, or to prove his manliness over someone smaller or "weaker" than him. 

One moment that always stands out for me is from one of the earlier episodes - when Bani literally pushes him out of that party venue because "it's not yet 9pm", and he's out there lying back against his car, waiting. His brothers are surrounding him like the devils on his shoulder, affronted by Bani's actions and egging him in a way to teach her a lesson. And for a moment it looks like the show will have Veer do exactly that as he jumps up off the car. Any other show, any other male lead probably would have done that - stalked back in there and found a way to "teach her a lesson" for daring to stand up to him. But Veer just looks at his brothers and is like, dudes, this is bad advice. I like this girl, why would I want to hurt her. He just straight up rejects that whole line of thinking, and this is before we've ever seen him do anything particularly nice, this is even before (by his own admission) he's ever truly cared for a human being. 

That split second of a scene shouldn't have been remarkable, but to me, it was, because it feels so rare on Indian TV. 

I guess the biggest plus to Veer's character, the thing that shapes everything else, is that he is not emotionally repressed, by any stretch of the imagination smiley36 jo dil mein hai, woh bolne ki himmat zuban par bhi hai. He's also not a fool about it - he's not trusting of every idiot who wanders into his path, and his brain is sharp and calculating - but it is so nice to see a ML who isn't afraid of the softer emotions.

You have put so aptly 

I have never seen a male lead so expressive and in touch with his emotions. He is never confused. You can never provoke him. He knows what he wants. So soft yet so strong. The list goes on and on and I can't just describe this rare beautiful character❤️

Well, I think Ritik stabbed Shivanya on his Mom’s insistence, right? I didn’t watch N4, or much of N3, so can’t say about Mahir or Dev.

Originally posted by deepikagupta9

Naagin Male leads dont torture female leads , they may get angry 4 some times but hardly do anything to female leads except S2 rocky .