Posted: 3 years ago

Does anyone else feel that Sonakshi Sinha was actually quite underrated, and deserved better from Bollywood?

[IMG]https://st1.bollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/sonakshi-sinha-jpg.[/IMG]

She acted way better than some of her unfortunately more successful contemporaries (*cough* Shraddha *cough cough* Alia)... you only have to watch Lootera or even the few scenes she had in Kalank to see it...

And she managed to be memorable in her debut despite only having a flowerpot role...  just compare her to that new girl in Dabangg 3 who was so dull in a similar role... or some of Sonakshi's contemporaries in their debuts... 

[IMG]https://aishshahid.tumblr.com/post/67786292903/[/IMG]

Let's not forget that Sonakshi was way prettier than most of the actresses of the 2010s too... she was classically beautiful and had a strong screen presence, along with that elusive star quality too many actresses these days sorely lack...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]https://cinescans.tumblr.com/post162818420238/anastasia-sonakshi-sinha-for-zara-umrigar[/IMG]

But sadly, though she was extremely popular for a few years (2010-2014 ish time) Sonakshi was eventually overtaken by others, and is now considered to be out of the race. I feel this was partly because of her poor script choices (did only flowerpot roles in action movies due to the success of Dabangg, then signed a few obvious flops), but also partly due to lobbying and better films being given to people belonging to certain groups...

I do strongly feel that Sonakshi could have gone much further if she had made better choices, and if there was less lobbying in BW too... 

Does anyone else on here agree?

[IMG]https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/544302304934013971/[/IMG]

Shraddha is more beautiful than Sonakshi

Sonakshi has more potential than Alia if she was given the right projects 

Sonakshi starred in very daring projects like lootera, noor, akira and she deserved more recognition 

Originally posted by priya185

Shraddha is more beautiful than Sonakshi

Sonakshi has more potential than Alia if she was given the right projects 

Sonakshi starred in very daring projects like lootera, noor, akira and she deserved more recognition 

I think Sona and Shraddha are both pretty, but Sona has an edge, especially in typical Indian outfits...

And yes I agree she had wayyyy more potential than Alia... one just has to compare their acting in Kalank to see it...

Yeah Sonakshi actually acted well in Akira as well (haven’t watched Noor) but she sadly didn’t get any recognition for it 😕

Honestly people like Kjo say they cast certain actors because public want to see them... but public actually loved Sonakshi way more in early 2010s when both her and Aloo debuted, so then why did Aloo get all the good roles?

I read an initial interview of hers where she explicitly stated that she’d do mainly flowerpot roles (she used some other phrase) at this phase of her career.

She probably thought that she’d ride the early years of her career on big heroes/big production house. That’s a mistake coz the most easily replaceable role is that of ones who do only arm-candy roles.

She is decent looking, can act decently too. But that’s about it. I dont think she is underrated. She got what she deserved. 
as much as i dont like Alia, still Alia and Shradha are better than her. 

Originally posted by Anjalika01

Yeah Sonakshi actually acted well in Akira as well (haven’t watched Noor) but she sadly didn’t get any recognition for it 😕

i have watched Akira, Noor, Ittefaq and most of her movies (minus the ones she did with Salman) and she is okay. Nothing pathbreaking or not terrible. 
In the non-flowerpot roles, the plots are good but her performance wasn’t exactly mind blowing. Esp in Noor - she had a weird facial expression in most scenes.

She is alright. Deffo better than someone like Sonam or even Katrina in acting. But average overall.

Originally posted by Sense9

I read an initial interview of hers where she explicitly stated that she’d do mainly flowerpot roles (she used some other phrase) at this phase of her career.

She probably thought that she’d ride the early years of her career on big heroes/big production house. That’s a mistake coz the most easily replaceable role is that of ones who do only arm-candy roles.

She is decent looking, can act decently too. But that’s about it. I dont think she is underrated. She got what she deserved. 
as much as i dont like Alia, still Alia and Shradha are better than her. 

Yeah limiting herself to eye candy roles in action films was a mistake...

But I don’t think Alia and Shraddha are better than her in anything...

Maybe Shraddha could be described as looking better sometimes, but in acting acting no way...

And Alia’s looks have always been dead average, as has her acting (except for Udta Punjab where she was good, and SOTY and Kalank where she was terrible)... she just got a lot of good roles in well written movies that were “hit material”

Originally posted by Sense9

i have watched Akira, Noor, Ittefaq and most of her movies (minus the ones she did with Salman) and she is okay. Nothing pathbreaking or not terrible. 
In the non-flowerpot roles, the plots are good but her performance wasn’t exactly mind blowing. Esp in Noor - she had a weird facial expression in most scenes.

She is alright. Deffo better than someone like Sonam or even Katrina in acting. But average overall.

Yeah she was good in Ittefaq and very good in Akira, maybe she was bad in Noor haha idk about that...

But I feel she’s very good in comedy, drama, songs, romantic stuff, basically most things you would need to do to be a successful mainstream heroine... obviously she won’t suit every role or anything... only really brilliant actors can do that...

And yeah she is miles ahead of Sonam and Katrina in acting... 

Originally posted by Anjalika01

I think Sona and Shraddha are both pretty, but Sona has an edge, especially in typical Indian outfits...

And yes I agree she had wayyyy more potential than Alia... one just has to compare their acting in Kalank to see it...

Honestly people like Kjo say they cast certain actors because public want to see them... but public actually loved Sonakshi way more in early 2010s when both her and Aloo debuted, so then why did Aloo get all the good roles?

Yes Sonakshi is a better actress than Alia in Kalank she had few scenes still she managed to shine

yeah she did not get recognition for Akira or Noor which is sad but sometimes the outcome is not as expected

She should nor try to shoulder female oriented films. She's tried several times and fails. Onscreen she's nice but offscreen annoying.

She had chances she didnt impress