Why are bollywood actors so handsome compared to South indian stars???

Posted: 3 years ago

I personally feel that south movie stars are bad looking as compared to bollywood actors .Do you also feel the same???

I feel in the south looks don’t matter much ( look at Rajnikant)  that’s why actors don’t bother to get groomed.

It’s not so much that I don’t find them good looking, just the general lack of grooming. Itna paisa hai, acha barber dhoond lo yaar. Also hitting the gym might help some of them. Some of them have big muscles but aren’t lean. But maybe that’s not an issue and appeals more to the target audience. The rest of it is just personal preference really.

I feel it would be unfair to comment on Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam industries as I don't know much about them...

But in Telugu industry it's because nepotism rules even more than it does in Bollywood, so it doesn't matter if someone is ugly and/or can't act, they will still become a hero because of their family connections. and unlike Hindi audience who often reject their faves' children if they are inadequate, Tollywood fans will mindlessly hype useless nepo kids out of love for the said nepo's dad/grandad

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago

It's not that they are bad looking, they may be not as good looking as in Bollywood.  In bollywood, they are partial towards dark and dusky complexions as expressed by Nadita Das. It's like South Indian producers and the audience don't care that much about looks, may be talent is more appreciated there. I saw Rajnikant in Chalbaaz. He was quite good in acting.  Kamal Hassan also a talented actor in Appu Raja and Sadma. Sri Devi and Jaya Pradha  are so beautiful. South Indians have their own charming personality.

Because North Indians are better looking than South Indians but the best looking ones are Pakistanis.😊

The moustache make them look like uncles, remove that and they are as good/bad looking as bollywood actors.

People go Ga Ga over Prabash... I feel yuck looking at him... 

Originally posted by ninny

The moustache make them look like uncles, remove that and they are as good/bad looking as bollywood actors.

Most should go full beard.   Also they need on avg to lose 30lbs - mustaches aren't that heavy.

No , do not feel the same..

"South movie stars are good looking as compared to bollywood actors ?"

Do not feel it either..

nvm..eternal discourse..

Edited by Agent_Vinod - 3 years ago