Suggestions / Comments

IF Celebrity Ranking is back !!!

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi All,

We are happy that we are restarting our weekly Celebrity Ranking system. 

After we migrated the site to the new layout we had stopped updating the celebrity rankings as I felt somewhere it was not reflecting the real popularity of the actors. Rankings could not be done without taking into account their social media reach and the engagement they drive. 

So in the new Ranking we are monitoring actor's social media follower count, their average engagement rate (comments and likes). 

There are still some overlaps like Telegu actors ranking in Bollywood and also some international actors which we will filter out in the next update. We want to expand gradually in regional entertainment space like Telegu, Tamil, Bengali and Punjabi also.

Well this is still in Beta and we look forward to your suggestions.

Cheers,

Vijay

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

If you feel we have wrongly categorised a celebrity please post it here so that we can make necessary changes in our next weekly update.

HerFiction thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

"BollyWood Celeb" is misleading when you include actors from all indian film industries.

why not change it to "Film Celebs"? 

Edited by HerFiction - 3 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

Thanks for bringing it back 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Thanks to Vijay and to the Administrative staff for bringing this feature back.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

At present, it's looking like a mixed bunch, a few Telugu, Tamil actors found their way into this place, which is in a way a welcome glitch!! Talent at one place to be assessed precisely. 😊

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 years ago
zubeada thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

i guess this ranking isn't fair for those actors who are not active on social media

not refelcting the real popularity 

Sutapasima thumbnail

This is such a happy news Vijay sir .

Thanks for all the hard work You n Jayshree did to get this back 👏👏

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago
ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: zubeada

i guess this ranking isn't fair for those actors who are not active on social media

+1

But anyway, good to know that the feature is back 👍🏼. Thank you for that. 😊

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Agreed.

Moreover, It's good to see the ranking back. ⭐️⭐️

vijay thumbnail

Well yes it does give an edge to actors with social media presence and that’s true not just in terms of popularity ranking but also in real life when casting people look at their follower count and brands look at the engagement they really drive on their profile.

We also take into account if they are being in news, how many people searching them, and talking about them.

At the end it is just our idea of collating all the data that we can gather and present it in the form of celebrity ranking.

It certainly helps our team in tracking their popularity.