VANI SS; laal ishq (part 3, november 5th)

Posted: 3 years ago

this is a three shot dedicated to poorva, because she really helped me come up with the plot of this. part 1 is the shawl wala scene inspired bit, part 2 is inspired by the navratri promo and bts, part 3 is the breakdown that we’re all waiting for. if you want to see anything specific from these scenes, let me know and i'll try adding them. enjoy! 

Veer and Bani shared the same bed for the first time after they got married. No curtain, no excuses, no arguments. After Veer noticed the curtain was gone, she was about to explain herself but he told her it didn’t matter and then Bani willingly took her side of the bed. There was this weird tension suddenly between them. Veer was exhausted, he was tired of Bani not accepting her feelings. He was tired of the loveless nights, on repeat. He was tired of having to fight with her about Jay and he hated that they didn’t have a proper relationship. He wanted to come home and spend some time with his wife, he wanted to sleep with her, have her in his embrace. But instead, he had to deal with the cold attitude of his gharwali. Bani wasn’t sure how to react. She missed him the last few days but her responsibilities towards Jay were still there. She couldn’t let go and accept that perhaps, she had started to feel something for Veer. 

Once they were both asleep, Jay had entered the house and poured mayavi ras into their pool at around 4am. He wanted Bani to be under the influence of it so that he could get her powers tonight. He was tired of the games and wanted this to be over now. Bani woke up in a jolt as she smelt it. As a naagin, it was hard not to detect it. It was almost pungent and shocks the system. However, as adi naagin, it didn’t impact her the way it usually would. The more she smells it, the more it effects her but more in the way alcohol would, instead of the way Jay was expecting it would. Bani realized something was wrong and walked towards the smell, trying to figure out if maybe her enemy was close. She knew that besides Mayuri and Shukla, there was someone else. Someone who wanted her dead, the main person behind Shakura and everything that had been happening. 

Jay hid behind a wall near the pool area to make sure Bani was under the influence before revealing himself and controlling her. He wasn’t completely sure if it was going to work on her or not as adi naagin. Bani reached the pool side and was clearly not under the influence. You could tell because if she was, her eyes would cloud up and she would act almost zombie like. However, Bani was conscious and well. Jay quickly took notice of this but there wasn’t another exit around him. The only exit was near Bani and he couldn’t go near her in his human form, she would know something was wrong. He turned into his naag form hoping she wouldn’t see him and slithered away to leave. Jay didn’t realize that Bani noticed. She didn’t think much of it initially but as she saw the scales, she knew it was a naag from her clan. They had the distinct red scales with a white line on their backs. Bani was about to stop the naag but as it slithered, she noticed a green tint on the naag and immediately knew it was Jay. There was no way it was another naag either as she could spot him easily now that they had seen each other in their naag forms, this was clearly Jay. But why was Jay at Singhania mansion at this time and that too, without informing her? It didn’t make sense. 

Bani started to get a slight headache from the fumes of the ras but instead of going back to the room, she decided to sit near the pool to take a moment. She hadn’t taken a minute for herself since the Shakura incident and she was exhausted. Her mind had been on overdrive from the events of the last few days. There was something happening constantly and she wanted a break. Bani wanted one normal day, without arguing with Veer, without Jay instigating her, without Mayuri and Shukla’s threat. She wanted a normal family day. Seeing Jay there made her heart sink as she knew something was wrong, could Veer be right? Was she trusting the wrong person this entire time? Bani’s mind filled up quickly with a million questions but the cold  morning wind took over as it started to hit her quickly and she was focused on warming herself. As she did so, she felt a shawl cover her back and looked up to find Veer draping it around her. 

Bani didn’t say anything, she accepted the gesture and part of her was almost relieved to see him. If anyone could calm her racing mind right now, it was Veer. 

Veer sat down next to Bani, both facing the pool now, and asked, “Kya hua sweetheart? What’s bothering you?” 

Veer knew there was something bothering her. She wasn’t protesting to him putting the shawl around her and she was being awfully quiet. It felt as if there was so much weight on her and she was desperate to let it out but couldn’t. 

“How did you know I was here?” she asked avoiding his question. 

“I know how to find you gharwali, now will you tell me what’s bothering you?” 

“Do you smell this?” Bani asked, talking about the ras. 

“Yes, I could smell it from the living room as I came down. I thought it was you.” 

Bani looked at him angrily but then burst laughing, she gave him a slight shove, “Veer! I’m serious.” 

“I’m also serious Bani, it’s okay if it’s you. I still love you regardless.” 

“Veer,” Bani said in a more whiny tone. 

“Yes, I smell it sweetheart. Is it coming from the pool?” 

“I think so. I know the smell but I can’t remember exactly what it is. I smelt it from the room and so I came down to check.” 

“But there’s something else bothering you, I can see it. You would’ve come back to the room if you were okay but you sat down to think. What’s wrong? What’s on your mind sweetheart?” 

Bani sighed and couldn’t let it in anymore, she had to get some of it out and at the moment, she knew Veer could give her the comfort she was yearning for. 

“Pehle Shakura aaya, claiming to be you. Then now, all of this. It feels like it never ends. There’s always something new. I’m tired. I haven’t had a second to just, be. It was so exhausting to have to deal with him the last two days. I had my guard up the entire time because I knew something was wrong. He broke down the bathroom door on the first night when I went to change and then he told me that the curtain was a bad idea before taking it off and making me sleep there. He poured water on the sofa so I couldn’t sleep there. The floor was filled with soap water so that wasn’t an option either. I couldn’t sleep because I didn’t know what he would do but I didn’t want to sleep next to him so I would stay up all night making sure he was asleep. He would constantly flirt with me and try to come close to me, I was so tired. I didn’t know how long I would have to deal with him. I haven’t slept since you left. On top of that, the whole marriage thing. I didn’t know if I would be able to get out. I was so scared veer,” Bani poured it all out to Veer and started to tear up when she spoke about how Shakura treated her in regards to leaving her no option but to take the bed. 

Veer clenched his fists hearing all of this, furious of the misery he put his gharwali through. How dare he? But then the guilt kicked in, the guilt of not being there for her and not protecting her. Bani didn’t want to admit it but she was terrified when he entered the house, when he was in the room, when he would come close to her. Especially when she found out he wasn’t Veer, that was when her anxiety kicked in. She knew Veer would protect her but she was in the position of being in a house full of people who didn’t like her and her one savior was gone. Bani was so exhausted that she couldn’t stop the tears at the end of her confession and was now sobbing. 

Veer quickly cupped her face, turning Bani towards him, before wiping away her tears, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” 

Bani leapt in for a hug and clutched on to him, desperate for comfort. Veer was taken aback for a moment, he froze. His gharwali hugging him and wanting comfort from him meant that she was truly not in a good state as she would never come to him unless she really needed to. Bani was slowly breaking. Veer held her tightly, stroking her hair with one hand and rubbing her back with the other, soothing her as much as he could. 

“I’m here. I promise I won’t leave you again. I’m here to take care of you now. I won’t let anyone hurt you I promise. I’m sorry you had to go through all of that, I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. I’m sorry that he made you go through all of that. I’m so sorry Bani,” Veer said as he comforted her. 

Bani didn’t say anything. She stayed still, not ready to break apart from the embrace just yet. She needed him. She really needed Veer. They stayed in each other’s embrace for some time. Veer was in so much sukoon with Bani that he never wanted to leave her. It was mentally and physically draining for him the last few days but this made up for everything. After some time, Bani opened her eyes to leave the embrace and ask him how he was but in the corner of her eye, she saw the broken bottle. 

Bani quickly retreated and brought it to Veer’s attention, “Veer, bottle. This was mayavi ras.” 

“What?” Veer saw the bottle but was confused. 

“Mayavi ras is a type of potion that controls you. The smell was of that. But, why is it here and who would put mayavi ras here?” Bani asked even though she was really questioning herself. 

“Jay. He was here, I know it. I could smell his scent when I came down. I know you don’t trust me but I—,” before Veer could complete his sentence, Bani fainted. The stress from the last few days mixed with exhaustion finally hit her and the ras didn’t help either. It sent her into overdrive and her system crashed. 

Veer panicked, this was the second time Bani had fainted in the last few hours. She was extremely weak. He carried her up to the room and put her on the bed before waking up the entire house to call a doctor or do something and get Bani well again. Tapish called a doctor and the doctor told Veer that she was simply overworked and needed rest. Bani needed to sleep and he informed Veer before leaving that she should be up soon. Veer was extremely worried, he sat by her side waiting for her to get up so he could make sure she was feeling better but Bani wouldn’t wake up for another hour. When she did finally open her eyes, a rush of relief engulfed Veer. 

He bombarded her with questions as she woke up and sat upright, “Bani are you okay? Do you need anything? Please tell me how you’re feeling. Whatever you need, tell me and I’ll get it for you but you're on bed rest. I want you to rest and get your immunity back.” 

Bani simply looked at him, not saying anything. The fumes of the mayavi ras added up over time and it was now in her system, she wouldn’t feel the full effect but it was there. 

Veer panicked in the silence and calmly pleaded, “Talk to me sweetheart.” 

“What do I talk about?” she asked innocently. 

“How do you feel?” Veer asked, implying at her health. 

“I feel like my world is about to come down crashing on me. I feel as if everything I thought was true is going to turn out to be a lie,” Bani says. Veer was standing now and she took him by the hand and made him sit on the bed next to her, holding on to his hand unconsciously. “I hate the way you talk to me. I hate the way you look at me. I hate the way you’re able to comfort me and make me feel safe. I hate the amount of love you have for me. I hate it when you're not around, but more than anything, I hate how much I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.” 

Veer was surprised and confused, he was unsure as to why she was saying all of this and what it even meant but before he got into his own overdrive, he realized that the ras was in her system and it had impacted her. He ignored everything and said, “Sweetheart, you need sleep. Lie down and get some rest, we’ll talk when you’re up, okay?” 

He tucked her back in bed and as he turned around, she grabbed his hand again and confessed her deepest feelings for Veer in her half awake, half awake state, those feelings that she never confronted herself, “No one makes my blood run through my veins the way you do. I want you here, mere paas. Trailing your hand around my body mindlessly, drowning me in kisses, making me yours. Don’t leave, please don’t leave me.” 

Veer put her hand back and watched her doze off, he didn’t know how to react. He knew she was under the influence but did that mean she was speaking the truth? Or did it mean that none of this was true? Was Bani really starting to feel for him? Her last words made his heart jump, he was dying to hear those words. He wanted to make her his, oh how badly he wanted to do so but he didn’t want to cross the line until Bani was ready to accept him and the marriage. He went to the sofa and slept there. Knowing that she was unable to sleep with Shakura next to her, he wanted her to have the bed to herself so that she wouldn’t worry about anything happening. He quickly fell asleep as the thought of Bani and her words took over his mind and both of them slept peacefully for the first couple of hours after sunrise.

A dream seeped into Bani’s sleep some time after and it was one with Veer and Shakura. It was them fighting over Bani, like they did earlier, but this time, Shakura stabbed Veer instead of the other way around. Bani woke up in a jolt and opened her eyes to an empty bed. She panicked not seeing him there and screamed for Veer. He immediately woke up and ran to her, cupping her face, “I’m here, I’m here Bani.” She looked at him, almost panting but now relieved and Veer takes her in a hug this time. He calmed her down until her breathing stabilized and as they’re in the hug, Bani asks why he was not in the bed.

“I wanted to give you your space sweetheart. I know you haven’t slept since I left and I want you to feel comfortable. I don’t want you to have your guard up so I’ll take the sofa and you can rest nicely on the bed,” Veer explained. 

Bani retreated and looked at him, “Veer, I was uncomfortable with Shakura because he wasn’t you. I need to wake up knowing you’re going to be next to me so please sleep on the bed.” 

“Did you have a bad dream?” 

Bani nodded, “Please don’t argue. Sleep here next to me. I’ll feel better if you do.”

Originally posted by Cinnamon_Kisses

Yayyyy! 

I am so excited for this one! 

hehe so excited for u to read 🥳

this is awesome. Like really awesome. I really want something similar in show. i m gonna read infinite times. do update soon. pls. loved it

hi Nainaa🤗

thankyou so much for writing this i so needed this

'Veer was exhausted, he was tired of Bani not accepting her feelings. He was tired of the loveless nights, on repeat. He was tired of having to fight with her about Jay and he hated that they didn’t have a proper relationship.' 

this explanation touched me yar, can't even tell you how and why. actually you and me think alike so i dont think i need to explain much.

trust me this was by far the best work written by you.

i loved every bit of it, starting from the end. so much in love and romance but not in vulgar vala ya not acceptable vala pyar. It was totally acceptable because we know that now bani have started falling for him.

Haye Naina kya tu please jaldi likhegi? pleez☺️

All the things that bani said about shakura, they were actually true because he actually tortured her to that extent.

but in show curtain thing is still a mystery.

again thankkyou for writing. lovely.

jaldi kar update.🤗

Veer will be there with Bani no matter what..i love how he takes care of her and supports her..his life is surrounded by bani only..😳

Naina this is lovely...👏

Omggggg, it is sooo good! it feels good to see such good writing

Sweet heart 🤗

How can I thank you enough for this?
This is everything I wanted and somethings even more. 

Wow. Just Wow. 

To begin with, I love the title. Fits perfectly. And I love that song too. 

Yeh laal ishq, yeh malaal ishq, yeh aib ishq, yeh bairr ishq... 

Vani ka ishq

The way you portrayed Veer and Bani's feelings in the first paragraph was so on point. Naa kamm na zyada, just enough. I really wish the writers on the show also explore these emotions in Veer. 

Aa gaya khatron ka khiladi ek naya third class plan leke! Jo humesha ki tarah fail ho gaya 🥳🤣

I feel such sukoon when I read that Bani recognized Jay in his naag form. 

"could Veer be right? Was she trusting the wrong person this entire time?" Yes queen you were trusting the wrong person the entire time!

I am glad Bani started thinking in this direction. She is giving me some serious Adi Naagin vibes. 

'If anyone could calm her racing mind right now, it was Veer' Great progression about Bani acknowledging her own emotions. 

I love how you have penned Bani talking about Shakura. She trusts Veer. She confides in him. She is opening up to him. She is opening her heart to him. I can feel their bond. 

The hug
I love you for the way you wrote their hug. Uss hug se sirf Veer ko hi nahi mujhe bhi bohot sukoon mila. 

Soooo both Veer and Bani know it is Jay, time for some Team Vani moments. They will be a force to be reckoned with. 

Bani ki nazrein bohot tez hai 👀. Pehle Jay ko dekh liya phir ras ki bottle ko. Je hui naa baat Adi Naagin. Me likey. 

Bani's unconscious expression of how she feels for Veer makes my heart melt. I am so happy she said what she said and how she said it. But I like how Veer thought about it. Of whether it true or not. Gives such a realistic touch. 

"Trailing your hand around my body mindlessly, drowning me in kisses, making me yours. Don’t leave, please don’t leave me.” ☺️

I will keep saying time and again Veeranshu Singhania is legit husband goals. 

I like the way in which you have written their building comfort level with each other. Subtle. 

Does she realize she is so protective of Veer? 

I have read it thrice. I love it. It is a very compact and powerful update. Koi jaake writer didi ko bataao ke episode aise likhe. Humme aise episode dekhne hai 😎

Thank you so much for writing it Naina. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I am so happy

Edited by Cinnamon_Kisses - 3 years ago

Originally posted by LoveMyself_sri

this is awesome. Like really awesome. I really want something similar in show. i m gonna read infinite times. do update soon. pls. loved it

thank you so so much, this means the world to me 🤗

i'm writing the next chapter tonight so should be up soon! will try getting all the parts up before saturday's epi for sure 😛