Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Tujh mein Rab dikhta Hain female version. - Page 2

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Technically speaking, I can't understand touching anyone's feet because that's not a part of my culture or religion

But from what I have understood in movies is that people touch feet of their parents, elders, teachers, as a mark of respect.. Tani saw her Rab in Suri in that moment and touched his feet in respect.. I see nothing regressive in that

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Technically speaking, I can't understand touching anyone's feet because that's not a part of my culture or religion

But from what I have understood in movies is that people touch feet of their parents, elders, teachers, as a mark of respect.. Tani saw her Rab in Suri in that moment and touched his feet in respect.. I see nothing regressive in that

It's regressive because it doesn't happen with genders reversed. Not in real, and not without humour in fiction. Suri too saw Rab in Taani but he didn't touch her feet. This is misogyny.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

It's regressive because it doesn't happen with genders reversed. Not in real, and not without humour in fiction. Suri too saw Rab in Taani but he didn't touch her feet. This is misogyny.

From what I have seen people touch feet of those elder than them.. Tani wasn't elder then Suri.. Its not no one touches feet of women.. Elder women too are often given respect by touching their feet

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Watch the video, or do you think touching your husband's feet is not regressive?

If she’s being forced, yes. But not here. There are different ways to show love.

He is also elevating her to the level of God. “Sajde sar jhukta hai” 😆

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 3 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

If she’s being forced, yes. But not here. There are different ways to show love.

He is also elevating her to the level of God. “Sajde sar jhukta hai” 😆

This my choice thing doesn't work here because it's a tradition in Hindu culture for wife's to touch husband's feet. But not the opposite. This promotes the idea of wives being submissive to their husbands.

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This my choice thing doesn't work here because it's a tradition in Hindu culture for wife's to touch husband's feet. But not the opposite. This promotes the idea of wives being submissive to their husbands.

I generally dont like touching husband feet thing but i think it also stemmed from d fact that genrally husbands were elder than wives traditionally. ofcourse the outdated idea of pati parmeshwar also plays a part🤓

Edited by Charaiveti - 3 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

From what I have seen people touch feet of those elder than them.. Tani wasn't elder then Suri.. Its not no one touches feet of women.. Elder women too are often given respect by touching their feet

It's not about age. It's about equality in relationship. A devar is supposed to give respect to his bhabhi because she's the wife of his elder brother, even if she's younger than him in age.

Husband and wife are supposed to be equal in relationship irrespective of age. If women are supposed to respect their husbands only because they are older, then this promotes patriarchy as wives are usually younger than their husbands.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

If you put it that way, yes. 

In sikhism, it's not a practice. As far as I know, they are shown as Sikhs. I'm a punjabi Hindu (though culturally - in a way, my religion is similar to Sikhism & I do have Sikhs in my family - my grandma being on of them) - we may touch feet of an elder out of respect, but its not a practice or a rule. Also, have never seen anyone touching feet of a husband. Only elders..

Sutro ke anusar Jasmine is the new Captain.

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: mintyblue

I love this song. It's beautiful and heart-warming. 

I really wished the female version was longer, cos Shreya sounds magical on it.. the voice