Which TV actor or actress is cut out for Bollywood? - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Paridhi Sharma is a good actress too.

Originally posted by ninny

Its sad  to see the attitude of people towards TV actors here. Any TV actor can make it big in bollywood if given a good chance. Actors acting on TV are as good as the ones in Bollywood in fact better the only difference is  that most  TV actors are self made and come from small towns while Bollywood is filled with people who already have contacts there. Even some of the so called outsiders in Bwood come from a wealthy family and have good connections.

A TV actor works 12- 16 hours a day for years and they are given script right on spot, there is no time to prepare and build a character yet many of them manage to make it work despite nonsensical script. Imagine what they can do with good scripts and better direction. Most actors and actresses are also much better looking than their Bollywood counterparts.

Its good that with rise of ott content the gap between tv and films is being bridged. Soon I hope this star system and box office and PR drama diminishes too. 

bold- that's what Radhika madan and Mrunal Thakur said on their interview with rajeev Masand and I was shocked, they have to mould into that character in this short span of time and that character has to do any unusual/uncomfortable stuff which a talented person with sincerity towards their job would do😆

Originally posted by Muskie

bold- that's what Radhika madan and Mrunal Thakur said on their interview with rajeev Masand and I was shocked, they have to mould into that character in this short span of time and that character has to do any unusual/uncomfortable stuff which a talented person with sincerity towards their job would do😆

Thats what every TV actor say when asked about the difference in TV and films. I don't know about present scenario of Indian Tv but there are so many shows I have watched where actors have given long monologues and done it quite convincingly.TV has abundance of talent but the prejudice against the TV actors just doesn't go. One of the major reason for this is also nepotism and classism. Its not like content is bollywood is any less cringe than what is on ITV.  

Thats what every TV actor say when asked about the difference in TV and films. I don't know about present scenario of Indian Tv but there are so many shows I have watched where actors have given long monologues and done it quite convincingly.TV has abundance of talent but the prejudice against the TV actors just doesn't go. One of the major reason for this is also nepotism and classism. Its not like content is bollywood is any less cringe than what is on ITV.  

but I thinking the times are changing and will become better for sure coz I have seen bollywood actors praising them (TV one) Sushant was also praised a lot by Sara, parineeti, Kriti, and even amitabh Bacchan 👍🏼 radhika Madan replaced a star kid in her movie, mrunal Thakur has made her place too❤️

I hope and wish people start seeing everyone as actors/artist and only judge them after seeing their performance 

Originally posted by Muskie

but I thinking the times are changing and will become better for sure coz I have seen bollywood actors praising them (TV one) Sushant was also praised a lot by Sara, parineeti, Kriti, and even amitabh Bacchan 👍🏼 radhika Madan replaced a star kid in her movie, mrunal Thakur has made her place too❤️

I hope and wish people start seeing everyone as actors/artist and only judge them after seeing their performance 

It was only after he established himself as a "Bwood" actor. Parineeti initially didn't want to work with him according to Anurag Kashyap. Tbh Sush has been lucky he made right contacts and got himself better projects. Same with Radhika (also she comes from a very wealthy family)

Jennifer winget, Erica Fernandes

Its sad  to see the attitude of people towards TV actors here. Any TV actor can make it big in bollywood if given a good chance. Actors acting on TV are as good as the ones in Bollywood in fact better the only difference is  that most  TV actors are self made and come from small towns while Bollywood is filled with people who already have contacts there. Even some of the so called outsiders in Bwood come from a wealthy family and have good connections.

A TV actor works 12- 16 hours a day for years and they are given script right on spot, there is no time to prepare and build a character yet many of them manage to make it work despite nonsensical script. Imagine what they can do with good scripts and better direction. Most actors and actresses are also much better looking than their Bollywood counterparts.

Its good that with rise of ott content the gap between tv and films is being bridged. Soon I hope this star system and box office and PR drama diminishes too. 

You said it all here 👍 take Radhika Madan for example if you watch her in her tv show compare to movies. In the show she was extremely horrible in the starting but through out her journey in the show she improved alot. Many tv actors have the talent and can do well with a good scripts.

All, except the proud tv actors.

Supporting actors of ITV are better than Sara, Khan I, Anya and Arjun.