Falling for my husband (FanFiction) - Part 4 - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Part 3

Preesha's POV.

Our staring game was broken when Saaransh asked us to save something for the date. Rudra blew a kiss to our son which I absolutely adored.

Finally, we came out of the house and were walking till our car which was parked outside.

As I was walking thinking about how Rudra is going to react when we reach Rahul's house, I glanced at him only to find him giving me a smile. He seemed so happy. This was the first time he and I were going out on our own, and I promised him a surprise. 

For a second, I was having second thoughts about this plan because what if this plan spoils his mood.

I stumbled as I was lost in my thoughts. 

Even before I realised I was about to fall, Rudra quickly caught me in his arms. His reflexes were so fast. 

My hands resting on his shoulders while his arms were around my waist tightly wrapped. 

R: Careful!!

He looked at me with utmost concern.

My heart started beating fast because of this proximity. The intensity with which he looked at me was making me nervous. 

I was so lost in him that I didn't even realise my hair was blocking my vision. 

He tucked my hair slowly behind my ear. He caressed my face with the softest touch as he always did when he would tuck my hair. His fingers light and smooth on my face like I was some delicate glass doll.

R: Are you okay? 

His hand held my arm. His eyes wandered on all over my face. 

P: Yes I didn’t see and my leg slipped. 

I broke my trance and moved when he pulled me back. 

R: Listen! I want to tell you something.

He seemed slightly nervous. 

P: What is it Rudra?

He suddenly broke into a smile with that twinkle in his eyes and looked at my lips. He smiled shyly. 

R: You are looking very nice.

His intense gaze was really making me feel things. My heart was racing. He was always open with compliments but this time I couldn’t stop with asking and wanting to know more. My heart wanted more.

Yet I lowered my eyes unable to withstand the intensity of his gaze.

P: Just nice?

He chuckled a little, looked down and said

R: Nice and... 

I looked up at him and he looked up too. 

R: ....beautiful.

Blood rushed to my cheeks as he said that. I looked down again. Yet I wanted to hear more.

P: And?

He laughed. I couldn’t meet his eyes. 

His voice sounded full of mirth and mischief.

R: and...you know how to read eyes. 

I looked up at him as he was staring at me 

R: So, read my eyes 

I saw the emotion in his eyes. I knew what he was trying to say. It was transparent and it was making my heart beat faster. I bet he can hear it. What was happening to me? I looked down.

Rudra lifted my chin.

R: Look at me, Preesha! 

He sounded assertive yet so gentle.

R: Is there something you see in my eyes?

I nodded at him 

R: What? 

I couldn’t help myself drowning in those coffee brown eyes. 

P: Me, I said in a trance.

I couldn’t believe what was happening. I lowered my gaze as my heart was hammering in my chest. His arms were still tightly wrapped around my waist and he wasn’t letting go. 

He took a deep breath. My heart was racing.

He lifted my hand and put it over his heart. 

I could feel his racing heartbeat. It matched mine. Beat to beat in sync.

We looked at each other, lost in each other’s eyes.

R: Can you feel what’s happening to my heart? 

His heart was racing even faster as mine did too.

P: It’s racing very fast.

R: Do you know for whom?

I couldn’t meet his eyes. I know he meant me. I could not believe this was happening right now. I felt like jumping in joy yet I was so nervous.

R: My heart is beating for the person I adore. For the person who is the reason I exist.

For who I love, deeply and profoundly.  The one I can’t live without. My life. The one I desire. Do you know who that is?

His words were the end of me. The passion and intensity in his eyes were making melting me. I couldn't even dare to ask who it was.

My hand on his heart and his hand holding mine, while one of his arms was still wrapped around my waist, his cold fingers resting on my bare skin and the cold breeze were causing goosebumps on my skin.

We looked deeply into each other’s eyes as we knew what was happening. Totally lost, completely unaware of the surroundings.

Why does this happen to me whenever he is close to me? My brain stops working and my heart was beating out of my chest.

Rudra opened his mouth to say something when I heard-

Saaransh: GUYS-

Both Rudra and I suddenly jumped apart from each other and the trance broke. I didn’t even realise just how tightly we were clinging to each other.

S: You guys are still here? 

Rudra looked as upset as me for the interruption. I felt so disappointed.

We both looked away from each other but then our eyes met again. And we both smiled at each other, all embarrassed.

S: Are you guys not going? Will you have dinner here itself?

R: We are going. Anyways if you are around, you won’t let this date happen.

That brought a smile to my face.

S: Then go!!!

R: We are going.

Rudra grabbed my arm and with a shy smile pulled me to go. He was glowing in happiness and so was I. Something had changed. There was a shift in the air.

My heart was a mess.

He held me as we both walked out of my society with a smile on our face.

Lemme know how y'all liked it.

/* Thank you twilighter16 for helping me with this update*/

Edited by Love_Rudra - 3 years ago

This was so good, Intense but also very lighthearted at the same time! Loved this! Update soon! 

Keep going bro!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Good going...it was romantic... continue soon

Nicely done .

I loved it.

You (and your friend ) guys have really came up with absolute perfect thoughts of preesha..

Thanks for writing, do Continue ..

Edited by girlTalks - 3 years ago

awwww the Dhadkan moment re created......... its beautiful

Beautifully written. Ethereal 

Part 4

Preesha's POV.

My thoughts were broken when I saw Balraj Uncle entering the hospital with Ahana and Mishka. When he spotted us sitting near the OT, he came towards us with his glares directed at me.

B: One day! Just a day with you, my son is now fighting for his life.

Appa: It's better if you talk after knowing everything. Don't blame my daughter.

She put her life in danger for him. She didn't even care about herself.

Balraj uncle looked like he is spitting fire. 

Maa was trying to stop him.

I intervened before this fight escalated.

I could see Ahana ready to pounce.

P: Please stop fighting! This is a hospital. There are other patients too.

B: You stay away from this. You will stay away from my son. You are nothing but the biggest problem in his life.

Ahana: Since the day you entered our lives, you have ruined all our lives.

Poor Rudr met with an accident.

B: You won't even show your face to my son.

I got a restraining order against you. You can't see him, you cannot be near him now anymore.

P: How can you do this? Rudra is my husband. I have every right to see him and be near him.

B: This is a court's order Preesha! I'm sure you know what it means because you are a retired judge's daughter. 

Balraj Uncle walks away from us with Ahana and Mishka following him. Maa gave me a helpless look.

Appa: How can they do this to you kanha! Let me talk to him.

P: No Appa! He won't listen to anyone.

The doctor came out of the OT, everyone of us rushed towards him.

B: How's my son? 

Doc: He is in critical condition. His right hand is broken. He has lost a lot of blood.

The injury on his head looks severe. 

I can't say anything right now. We are trying our best. He is in still in danger.

My eyes started tearing up for the nth time today.

No. No. This can't be true. Rudra you have to come back. You don't have a choice. You have to come back for your family. You have to come back for Saaransh. Come back for me, please.

I started stepping back. Appa held me and hugged me while I sobbed in his arms.

I was too broken to notice anything or anyone.

My tears clouding my vision.

Appa made me sit on the chair.

Appa: Nothing will happen to Rudr. He will be fine Kanha! Don't worry! He is gonna be fine. 

He was consoling me or rather convincing me.

My tears don't seem to stop. My silent sobs echoing the hospital corridor.

Appa: You sit here! Let me get some water for you.

I sat there watching Maa breaking down and Balraj Uncle trying to console her.

No Preesha! You have to be strong. You have to.

For Rudra.

Wiping my tears, I got up and sat beside Maa.

Maa: Preesha! Rudraaa…. I want my son back.

I have already lost my Rajeev. Now Rudra….

Please bring him back. Please.

Maa sobbed in my arms.

P: Maa! Rudra is a fighter. He will come back. For you. For me. For Saaransh. For everyone. He has to come back Maa. You don't lose hope. Please. 

Appa came back with water. I reached for the glass and made Maa drink some water. She will get sick otherwise if she keeps taking stress like this. 

B: You don't have to do all this drama now Preesha. Just stay away from us. That's enough.

Sharda! Rudr will be okay. All of us are here for him. Don't worry.

Appa moved away for a bit to receive a call. Probably from Amma. After consoling Maa, I got up and moved towards the small temple in the hospital. 

Closing my eyes and joining my hands, I prayed to bring my Rudra back. Tears running down my cheeks, I stood there praying and begging the god. 

I sat down near the temple. If only I didn't take him to Neerja's house today, everything would have been fine. Rudra would have been with me right now. If only I didn't force him to come inside their house, all of this wouldn't have happened.

*Flashback*

Rudra was getting all worked up while having dinner looking at Rahul.

I was regretting the idea of bringing him here so much. Even though he came inside for me, he is trying to be nice to them, I could still see he was upset. Really upset. All that happiness on his face which was there all through the evening was gone now. He wasn't even eating anything. This wasn't how I expected things to go. I should have known bringing Rudra here would be a bad idea.

Pushing my thoughts away, I held his arm and squeezed it a little making him turn his gaze towards me. I gave him an apologetic smile. He tried to smile back for my sake.

Rahul: Have some more Rudraksh!

R: No. I'm good anyway I'm done.

Rahul: What? What's wrong? At least let me get you a drink.

Before Rudra could refuse, deciding that it's better we leave soon, I said

P: Anyway! We have to get going. Saaransh will be waiting for us.

Neerja: I can understand Preesha! We will plan something else next time. Now that everything is all good.

Neerja and Rahul smiled at Rudra. 

P: Rudra! I will just meet the baby and come. Then we will leave. Is that okay?

R: Okay. 

I went with Neerja to see her baby.

When I came back, Rudra isn't there. Everything in the living room is all so messed with broken vases and a broken iPad was lying on the floor.

My heart gripped with some unknown fear.

After finding out that Rahul went to the washroom and when he came back, Rudra wasn't there.

Something seems fishy.

Somehow that feeling that something went wrong terribly is nagging me.

Finding Rudra's phone is switched off, I ran outside to find him. I searched for him everywhere, not finding him, my mind was spinning with all kinds of bad thoughts.

Rudra was clearly upset. What if something happened to him? Where is he? The car is here. Where would he go?

I was running here and there in the rain and finally, I spotted him sitting by a car.

I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. I was all blabbering how worried I was for him while I hugged him. Relieved that I found him, I didn't notice he didn't hug me back.

I pulled back only to ask him 

P: What's wrong? What happened?

He was looking down and looked so broken.

I was really getting scared now.

Holding one of his hand with mine and lifting his chin, I looked into his eyes. He looks completely broken. The pain and hurt are clearly visible in his eyes.

P: Rudra! Is everything alright? Please tell me. You are scaring me.

Pushing my hand away, he spoke.

Those taunts. Those accusations.

He called me characterless.

I could not understand what really happened.

Why is he saying all this all of a sudden?

He said I love Yuvraj. How did Yuvraj come into the picture?

He called me a bad mother. He called me a murderer.

He was crying. He was screaming at me.

He was grabbing me. He was angry.

He was hurt. 

I could clearly see the tears running down his eyes even though it was raining.

His tears brought tears in my eyes.

I wanted to take his pain away. He looked like he was breaking. Yuvraj called me somewhere in all this. I was least bothered. Honestly, I don't care about him anyway. The only person I care about right now is standing in front of me accusing me of sleeping with Yuvraj. I couldn't do anything because I really didn't understand what was happening. What made him say all this out of nowhere. I stood there listening to everything he said. 

He grabbed me. I grabbed his arms for support.

My saree sticking to me in this rain. My hair strands falling on my face. But all of this didn't bother me. His eyes. His bloodshot eyes held so much anger yet so much pain.

I begged him one last time.

P: Rudra! Please tell me what did I do? Why are you doing all this? 

R: You are asking me? I cannot believe I wanted to tell you today how much I lov… 

He broke my eyes and pushed me away.

R: The truth is I hate you now Preesha. You hear that I hate you. 

His words stabbing my heart and my heart was bleeding. He hates me. Rudra hates me.

I collapsed on the ground crying my heart out watching him walk away from me.

/*Ignore my mistakes. Updating from phone*/

Edited by Love_Rudra - 3 years ago

Yaar...don't mind me saying this...but you are repeating what's shown in yhc....give it your touch..make the story urs..we have already seen this in episodes..

This was beautiful... Very nicely written. 👍🏼

I'm loving this retelling of old episodes from Preesha's POV. We saw her emotions play out but did not get her thoughts.. Glad you're writing it.. 

Hope you'll continue. 😳