Discovery Channel

Travel? Tell us about your trip!

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Which is your favourite location in the world?

How many places have you visited? Which was the best?

What sort of a hotel did you stay in? What was the most fun part of the trip?

How was the food of the region? What shopping did you do?

I've been to Egypt, Muscat, Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore and France...

So far France was my favourite... I visited Paris, Lyon and Versailles, had gone with school!!!
The hotel was nearly a 5 star, though not so sure... It was very good, 2 ppl sharing a room, and with cold breakfast included... good meal...! The most fun part would be the disneyland trip, though I enjoyed the Eiffel Tower and Louvre a lot!!! Shopping was just the cream on the cake!
The food out there's not that great for meals so you've gotta be careful where you're headed! Breads, baguettes, cakes, pastries, pizzas and other snacks are great, but when we headed out to try a french meal, the vegetarians got rice with butter, which trust me, Isn't very good... Later on we tried a place at Lyon called Pataterie... Which served potato delicacies... that was brilliant.... we could choose our meal, and vegetarians had good options... I loved the ham there! Other than that, all meals were indian, and thank god for that!!!

Shopping!!! We shopped till we dropped actually... The Rue the rivoli right next to the Louvre was superb, with perfumes, souvenirs, postcards, and roadside cafes selling crepes and breads...I found a McDonalds there too, though that was of my list coz that's here back in India (Though it WAS very tempting) We also did shopping on the Sacre coeur road, where I bought some pretty postcards... I got some real nice playing cards here too! another good place was the Versaille palace... Very cheap souvenirs, but not quite safe enough for girls/...

Oh well, that was my trip.. what about you???

-Sam😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Holly_Carter thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hi,

I'll be traveling up to Mumbai in a few days...any places that I should check out near the city.

Looking for a quiet, green, comfortable retreat for two days.