Nepotism row: support or against Rahul?

Poll

On Nepotism row: support or against Rahul?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Bang-bang thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Do you support Rahul on the nepotism row in BB14?

Rahul unnecessarily raised the nepotism issue while nominating Jaan. He could have easily nominated Jaan for backstabbing him in the captaincy task, or for incessantly bitching about him behind his back, or downgrading his musical talent, or for being excessively insecure about Rahul’s friendship with Nikki. Why touch such a sensitive issue and create potential backlashes for your entire career?

In Rahul’s defense, he was evidently frustrated with all the backstabbing done by his friends. He was perhaps tired of his own friends ganging up on him with rest of the housemates. May be one of the WCs told him that Jaan is surviving in the house just coz of nepotism- so it just came out if his mouth like that.

Whatever it is, Colors creatives must be overjoyed for getting a topic to create hype around the otherwise dead season albeit for sometime.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Too early in his career to say such a thing but he will get jantas support 

WinterPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You can't raise such a topic against your opponent while you r a contestant in the show just to turn the odds for yourself bcoz There is something called Ethics. 

Audience can still say their POV bcoz they r not playing the game. 

The careers of lots of people are being ruined bcoz of this nepotism debate..Fine ,If they have done wrong, they deserve it. 

Nepotism should be called out for ..only when people use it unfairly, and the talented ones are suppressed or destroyed in the process.

But not every star kid deserves this treatment, especially when they have not achieved anything in life... Then what is the whole purpose of bringing it up when Jaan has achieved nothing after being a starkid? In fact Rahul has done a vast body of work without being a star kid.

. So in no way has nepotism affected Rahul or neither is Jaan causing any harm to Rahul's career nor Jaan has had any benefit in career being a star kid. 

So how is this nepotism.? 

It was clearly an act by Rahul to win mass support..Which is not just cheap but also unethical. 

Edited by WinterPrincess - 3 years ago
TheNepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I agree with everything you've said above, but to be honest, its also unfair for us to think Rahul just used this to weaponize the ongoing issue against Jaan. Maybe after all he does feel like Jaan is enjoying a position he hasn't earned due to nepotism? Maybe Rahul kept this feeling inside not to create hostility but decided to just go for it now after Jaan's backstabbing was exposed?

Think from Rahul's perspective:

They are both on the same show as contestants. Rahul has been a public figure for 10+ years with a huge number of live shows, albums, song records, online following, and fanbase engagement. Jaan has done next to nothing, yet he was positioned quite-well in the premier and introduced as being his father's son. Not saying Jaan has done anything wrong - but Rahul is often clumped with Jaan in singing situations, whether its the luxury task or just masti with Salman. Maybe Rahul feels like Jaan hasn't earned a similar position as him yet? Being pit together like that must create a natural competitiveness, and to be honest, purely from Rahul's point of view, I understand the frustration he must be feeling. It has taken Rahul half his lifetime to get to the show where Jaan has just entered and is enjoying the name recognition and maybe even fanbase based on his father's goodwill and legacy. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

He knows nepotism is still a hot topic because of Sushant's death, and it was time someone would've pulled this cheap stunt for footage. Rahul is the cheapest in the house so it's no surprise he did it first. Now everyone would pick sides on whether they support Rahul or are against Rahul.

Considering the host too is a product of nepotism, probably all the contestants would support Jaan even if they consider him a talentless hack who might be only in the house because of his father. Rahul would get bashed by Salman in WKV and that will create sympathy for him among the audience.

The other side would support Jaan and then it would again become a debate on nepotism. Like we didn't have enough of these nepotism debates in Bollywood, now it's even in Bigg  Boss. Like seriously, I'm tired of this.

But this is what Bigg Boss wanted. Taking Kumar Sanu's son whom no one knew before this show as a contestant was no coincidence. They wanted to cash on this nepotism angle.

WinterPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheNepaliArtist

I agree with everything you've said above, but to be honest, its also unfair for us to think Rahul just used this to weaponize the ongoing issue against Jaan. Maybe after all he does feel like Jaan is enjoying a position he hasn't earned due to nepotism? Maybe Rahul kept this feeling inside not to create hostility but decided to just go for it now after Jaan's backstabbing was exposed?

They are both on the same show as contestants. Rahul has been a public figure for 10+ years with a huge number of live shows, albums, song records, online following, and fanbase engagement. Jaan has done next to nothing, yet he was positioned quite-well in the premier and introduced as being his father's son. Not saying Jaan has done anything wrong - but Rahul is often clumped with Jaan in singing situations, whether its the luxury task or just masti with Salman. Maybe Rahul feels like Jaan hasn't earned a similar position as him yet? Being pit together like that must create a natural competitiveness, and to be honest, purely from Rahul's point of view, I understand the frustration he must be feeling. It has taken Rahul half his lifetime to get to the show where Jaan has just entered and is enjoying the name recognition and maybe even fanbase based on his father's goodwill and legacy. 

I understand your POV. Thodi toh Favouritism har bar hota hai..salman has favourites..the house has favorites..but you have to pull through it anyhow..that's maturity...but ghar mein 3 weeks ke chalte..itni choti baton keliye whoever will raise such a sensitive topic on national tv?? 

Already people r hating Jaan for being a star kid.. But abhi nepotism controversy create karke.. I really don't know how common man would take it... Bus isi ki wajah se jaan ki career khatam hua toh boycott bolke.. ? Who would be responsible for it??Waise bhi he has achieved nothing in life apart from the show.. and nepo kid tag. 

Kal ek sushant gya..aaj koi bhi ja sakta hai..its very unfair to target ppl like that all over social media..its sad.😔

theBoyWonder thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheNepaliArtist

Also Rahul does not come across as the calculative kind who would have raised it to take advantage of the ongoing debate...

TheNepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: WinterPrincess

I understand your POV. Thodi toh Favouritism har bar hota hai..salman has favourites..the house has favorites..but you have to pull through it anyhow..that's maturity...but ghar mein 3 weeks ke chalte..itni choti baton keliye whoever will raise such a sensitive topic on national tv?? 

Already people r hating Jaan for being a star kid.. But abhi nepotism controversy create karke.. I really don't know how common man would take it... Bus isi ki wajah se jaan ki career khatam hua toh boycott bolke.. ? Who would be responsible for it??Waise bhi he has achieved nothing in life apart from the show.. and nepo kid tag. 

Kal ek sushant gya..aaj koi bhi ja sakta hai..its very unfair to target ppl like that all over social media..its sad.😔

You are obviously a very sweet and empathetic person to think from that point of view! I agree - its a sensitive thing and unfortunately lives have been lost because of this, especially in the public field. 

And yes, if Rahul did indeed pull this as a stunt to gain public favor it is extremely low and cheap of him to do this, basically opportunistically cashing in on the SSR tragedy. Personally, mujhe pata nahi kyun but lagta hai ki maybe usse genuinely lag raha hoga. Kyunki while watching the luxry budget concert task even me and my mom were talking about it - kaha Idol 1 ka Rahul itne time baad aya hai aur Jaan ka first public platform hi yahee se start ho raha hai. 

I really hope Jaan handles this smartly and maturely. Even if Rahul is honestly feeling like things are unfair, its not really Jaan's fault that he was born in the family he has. He can also play smart and just acknowledge the privilege. He can say something like "Yes, Rahul, I know I have not struggled as much as you and I am very lucky to get a great start. I hope I can prove myself to everyone and live up to my father's legacy!" That might make him a favorite with public! I would personally love the maturity in that. 

Jo bhee ho, I hope this doesn't get ugly. Bohot negativity hai bahar. Its an important and relevant issue that should be discussed lekin itna sensitive hai ki mujhe bhi darr lagta hai kabhi kabhi :) 

SoPunk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: WinterPrincess

You can't raise such a topic against your opponent while you r a contestant in the show just to turn the odds for yourself bcoz There is something called Ethics. 

Audience can still say their POV bcoz they r not playing the game. 

The careers of lots of people are being ruined bcoz of this nepotism debate..Fine ,If they have done wrong, they deserve it. 

Nepotism should be called out for ..only when people use it to unfairly target talented people and in effect, the talented ones are sidelined. 

But not every star kid deserves this treatment, especially when they have not achieved anything in life... Then what is the whole purpose of bringing it up when Jaan has achieved nothing after being a starkid? In fact Rahul has done a vast body of work without being a star kid.

. So in no way has nepotism affected Rahul or neither is Jaan causing any harm to Rahul's career nor Jaan has had any benefit in career being a star kid. 

So how is this nepotism.? 

It was clearly an act by Rahul to win mass support..Which is not just cheap but also unethical. 

I agree, that’s why I kept saying that we need to see why Rahul said this. Did Jaan say something rude to him? Rahul has to justify it. If he can’t, I bet this will bounce back on him & he will turn into a villain. 

SoPunk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: theBoyWonder

Also Rahul does not come across as the calculative kind who would have raised it to take advantage of the ongoing debate...

I also think he has sone genuine reason to say so, that’s why I want to watch the episode for this issue. Jaan was anyway annoying Rahul for last few days. He was going crazy to drag down Rahul in front of Nikki after he was disgraced. That surely annoyed Rahul. But still to use “Nepotism” to attack him must have some genuine reason.