Is this acceptable? - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by return_to_hades

No, rape and sexual assault are wrong no matter what the circumstance. Even torture is cruel and inhumane. The police and armed forces in many places resort to unscrupulous practices, and it is unethical in each and every case. Due process, rules, and regulations are there for a reason. We cannot make exceptions and justify cruelty.

What about the extra-legal procedures adopted by the American agencies after the you-know-what incident in 2001? Gitmo and other unfair practices adopted by American agencies under the B administration? Those must have played a fair role in catching and pinning down a large number of the perpetrators, right?

Edited by Mahisa22 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Mahisa22

What about the extra-legal procedures adopted by the American agencies after the you-know-what incident in 2001? Gitmo and other unfair practices adopted by American agencies under the B administration? Those must have played a fair role in catching and pinning down a large number of the perpetrators, right?

Could you specify what you mean by extra-legal? 

Could you specify what you mean by extra-legal? 

Torture tactics approved by the administration for extracting information out of terror accused; e.g. waterboarding. 

Even if they were culprits , they can't abuse their relatives.

Idk if police then did this , but I can ya that most of Indian  police officers do abuse their power to the max. They are unprofessional, lazy , Arrogant af and once my lady friend had to visit police station to lodge a complaint , wasn't a pleasant experience 

Torture tactics approved by the administration for extracting information out of terror accused; e.g. waterboarding. 

Waterboarding is cruel and inhuman torture. It has been prohibited by the United Nations. I believe that George Bush and all those who approved and oversaw waterboarding should be charged for war crimes in the international court. 

Torture actually not even solve problems. The CIA internal report itself said waterboarding did not lead to reliable information. 

Originally posted by I-Got-You

Even if they were culprits , they can't abuse their relatives.

Exactly, what's the point of having a legal system if it's acceptable to torture innocents? People can go take revenge the way they want. By that logic, killing someone who killed your kin is acceptable. 

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 3 years ago

Waterboarding is cruel and inhuman torture. It has been prohibited by the United Nations. I believe that George Bush and all those who approved and oversaw waterboarding should be charged for war crimes in the international court. 

Torture actually not even solve problems. The CIA internal report itself said waterboarding did not lead to reliable information. 

Interesting that you mentioned Bush. I read some excerpts from his book "Decision Points" online where he claimed that he was not in the know about the explicit details of the torture methods. I don't know how true it is, but this definitely underscores a point about him being just a puppet of Cheney and Rumsfield. 

Also, Obama had successfully closed down Gitmo before Drumpf re-opened it.

Interesting that you mentioned Bush. I read some excerpts from his book "Decision Points" online where he claimed that he was not in the know about the explicit details of the torture methods. I don't know how true it is, but this definitely underscores a point about him being just a puppet of Cheney and Rumsfield. 

Also, Obama had successfully closed down Gitmo before Drumpf re-opened it.

I've always perceived Bush as manipulated by Cheney and Rumsfield. But the President is the highest office in the nation. There is a level of accountability you have at that level and cannot always plead ignorance. 

At least a fair trial will determine how much he knew/didn't know and how to hold him accountable. 

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago

I've always perceived Bush as manipulated by Cheney and Rumsfield. But the President is the highest office in the nation. There is a level of accountability you have at that level and cannot always plead ignorance. 

At least a fair trial will determine how much he knew/didn't know and how to hold him accountable. 

He definitely deserves to be tried though, since he lied about that you-know-what before the world and destabilized the Middle East. But as we all know, he will never face it.

Btw, I for one will always remain curious about how genuinely 'evil' he was. He does seem to be an affable, harmless guy sometimes, but then you read about his younger days and the way he behaved then, along with the fact that he made fun of Karla Faye Tucker's execution which he cleared, and also the fact that he oversaw executions of the largest number of mentally ill people while Governor of Texas. 

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago