•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

A bit late out of the gate, but loving Mira Nair's A Suitable Boy. Lata is perfectly cast and is how I've always imagined her to be. Tabu is her usual spectacular self. And we should be talking a lot more about Rasika Duggal, always so brilliant.

Also, Ishaan Khattar has a lot of potential. The guy impressed me with his acting and how he nailed his role.

Has anyone watched it and if you have, what's your review?

Will watch it for Mallika - e-husn Tabassum Hashmi ðŸ˜Š

Yet to watch this. But it sounds good so far

I liked the show, but wont say loved it. It recreated the post partition era very well.. The sets, the costumes.. so good.. Every character is perfectly cast and the English dialogues weren't a distraction for me like what some reviews are saying. Mostly because the accent was fine.. neither overtly westernized nor cliched Indian one. Tanya Maiktala as Lata is a good find, she is pretty and has a lovely smile.. she defnitely needs to be seen more. Though the series was about finding suitable boy for her, the series showcased every other character and their stories equally well.. Especially Maan and Saeeda bai's story. Ishaan is wonderful as Maan in this show.. as an actor he is really good, he should keep eyeing such offbeat roles.. mainstream masala characters like Khali Peeli are not for him.. not yet atleast.. he needs to grow up a bit, he still looks very young to be doing action and maar dhaad. 

Kabir Durrani.. ahh this guy was really charming, my most favorite suitor for Lata.. Their chemistry was the most evident one [SPOILER] I am fine that Lata ended up with Haresh, but they should have shown that progression in their story.. she spent the least time with him and was least interested in him.. when exactly did she fall for him? Why did she chose him? I think it was all very hasty. This is my only problem with the series. Considering the story is about Lata and the suitable boy, they should have explored their story well. But otherwise, rest of the angles were good.. 

Maan and his friend Firoz's story was the most touching for me.. The show started with their scene and ended with them as well.. I think they were romantically involved at some point.. The initial scene suggested that. It was good to see how they stood up for each other despite of their differences or religious backgrounds. 

Overall a good watch..