Why is Mohit rude towards fans? - Page 8

Posted: 3 years ago

I don't understand why always these crazy fans want their on-screen Jodi's to turn out real life Jodi's. What obsession is this? I mean as far as they are doing their jobs sincerely it's cool. And it shows on screen that they both are working very hard. What's happening in their personal lives is none of anyone's business. Crazy fans need to understand the difference between personal and professional life. Mohit seems new to all these trolls and abusing SM world. He needs to ignore and handle this sensibly like KK does.

Originally posted by sambag

Spot on , I must say . I can tell a few things from my experience.

I still am a fan of Buniyaad and Masterji , the times when there was no social media. Alok Nath's name splashed across newspapers in the MeToo movement but that hasn't stopped me from loving Buniyaad or Masterji because of the realization that I am in love with the character and not the person. This realization is very important.

Someone yesterday commented on Twitter saying some of the fans are kids. I would assume they are 18+ and MK is 24 just 5-6 yrs older to the fans. At this age we get Graduate Hires in our team and we are supposed to mentor them to be assets of the company. You cannot even imagine the fragility of these young minds so to me MK falls in that group so he is yet to know the impact of his words or the impact of his actions and people are using words like b****ds, etc. Its his first show and I must say he has done absolute justice to his craft . He needs some schooling in understanding the dynamics of stakeholders (fans) but I guess he will learn with time. Let's give him some time to get on the learning curve. 

Kanika answers are more technically and politically correct because she is more experienced, she probably has already been on the learning curve.

At this point what MK needs is a mentor or someone who will teach him these soft skills and I am sure he already must have someone who will stand by him and make him make amends not because the fangirls are hurt but any stakeholder that impacts a project needs to be managed.

I think, even without a mentor, he can learn it via this experience because life is a big teacher in itself - how he handles it that is his wish. Fans wanna deem it as him being ignorant, influenced by gf, or whatever then that just tells me they are highly opinionated about him especially when one of the members commented on how "fans can make/break the celeb" so that was just the lamest thing ever heard and even after so many years, it still exists. Does a celeb need permission to be broken or made?😆

It's just unfortunate to see fans still think they have the ultimate control of celeb's life including their accounts. Fanwars still occur & also, the whole trending thing on SM, is practically futile even if the intent is purely out of love. One doesn't need to showcase their love via going beyond their limit, IMO. Rather love them for their craft 

Spot on , I must say . I can tell a few things from my experience.

I still am a fan of Buniyaad and Masterji , the times when there was no social media. Alok Nath's name splashed across newspapers in the MeToo movement but that hasn't stopped me from loving Buniyaad or Masterji because of the realization that I am in love with the character and not the person. This realization is very important.

Someone yesterday commented on Twitter saying some of the fans are kids. I would assume they are 18+ and MK is 24 just 5-6 yrs older to the fans. At this age we get Graduate Hires in our team and we are supposed to mentor them to be assets of the company. You cannot even imagine the fragility of these young minds so to me MK falls in that group so he is yet to know the impact of his words or the impact of his actions and people are using words like b****ds, etc. Its his first show and I must say he has done absolute justice to his craft . He needs some schooling in understanding the dynamics of stakeholders (fans) but I guess he will learn with time. Let's give him some time to get on the learning curve. 

Kanika answers are more technically and politically correct because she is more experienced, she probably has already been on the learning curve.

At this point what MK needs is a mentor or someone who will teach him these soft skills and I am sure he already must have someone who will stand by him and make him make amends not because the fangirls are hurt but any stakeholder that impacts a project needs to be managed.

I understand your point....yes, Mohit could use some refinement in the way he articulates himself and reacts. But my point is, how is any of this connected to the show onscreen? lol 

The "stakeholders" in this case have been manufactured in the artificial environment of social media rather than the actual stakeholders who watch a show to connect to the characters, not to worship the actors. The people who only want to stalk the actors 24/7, comment on their personal lives, harass them for reactions - are those the real stakeholders? I doubt any of them really contribute to the ratings....but the entire system is skewed into behaving as if their opinions are the only ones that matters. This ecosystem that has been created where only obsession is rewarded with attention - that is the root cause of the problem. 

How are Mohit's words impacting the project? lol did he say anything bad about the show or his fellow co-stars? This is manufactured controversy on the basis of fans first hounding an actor and then playing victim if they don't get attention on their terms. The project should be impacted by the actual story, no? Or is it all only about brand management these days even if content is non-existent?😆.  I don't think a regular business model applies that directly to the film/TV industry. 

This is a rare show on air that actually has some content and some good acting too....instead so much time is wasted chasing these lame manufactured controversies. I wish people would focus on what actually matters. 

As for Mohit, he should ideally step away from all this until he can learn to control his emotions and temper....I understand the frustration on a human level that people treat you like they own you simply cuz you're an actor but for his own peace of mind, he needs to learn to detach from all this. 

Originally posted by Meena_J

I think, even without a mentor, he can learn it via this experience because life is a big teacher in itself - how he handles it that is his wish. Fans wanna deem it as him being ignorant, influenced by gf, or whatever then that just tells me they are highly opinionated about him especially when one of the members commented on how "fans can make/break the celeb" so that was just the lamest thing ever heard and even after so many years, it still exists. Does a celeb need permission to be broken or made?😆

It's just unfortunate to see fans still think they have the ultimate control of celeb's life including their accounts. Fanwars still occur & also, the whole trending thing on SM, is practically futile even if the intent is purely out of love. One doesn't need to showcase their love via going beyond their limit, IMO. Rather love them for their craft 

@bold : fully agree . Mentor can just show the way and ensure he does not commit mistakes which has been committed by someone else. As you say fan wars will continue only MK or the likes of him will know how to handle them better. probably they will have it as part of onboarding pack ðŸ˜Š

Originally posted by AreYaar

I understand your point....yes, Mohit could use some refinement in the way he articulates himself and reacts. But my point is, how is any of this connected to the show onscreen? lol 

>>it is not in any way , its just that it might have a fallout on the numbers and numbers are super important

The "stakeholders" in this case have been manufactured in the artificial environment of social media rather than the actual stakeholders who watch a show to connect to the characters, not to worship the actors.

>>>In this age and time social media is a stakeholder as they can really influence .Look at what is happening in SSR case. Its not about actual or fake , its about the damage they can do. I have seen some comments and I think some of them are clearly obsessed . 

The people who only want to stalk the actors 24/7, comment on their personal lives, harass them for reactions - are those the real stakeholders? I doubt any of them really contribute to the ratings....but the entire system is skewed into behaving as if their opinions are the only ones that matters. This ecosystem that has been created where only obsession is rewarded with attention - that is the root cause of the problem. 

>> That is why I say manage not agree to their requests. There is a difference and I would think it should not be MK but the PR or Communications who should find a strategy to handle this. Not sure if these fans can influence ratings but looking at the official response which looks to me damage control strategy I think it would.

How are Mohit's words impacting the project? lol did he say anything bad about the show or his fellow co-stars? This is manufactured controversy on the basis of fans first hounding an actor and then playing victim if they don't get attention on their terms. The project should be impacted by the actual story, no? Or is it all only about brand management these days even if content is non-existent?😆.  I don't think a regular business model applies that directly to the film/TV industry. 

>>>I am from corporate world and I do not know the dynamics of the TV industry bu I can tell you even in the any business if you do your work even are the best nobody cares.All these reality shows always brings out some good talents but you hardly see them later. The ones you see built the right connections on top of their talent and it worked for them. If I get i will share this article with you. There are millions like you who are doing the work so you need a strategy to create your own positive visibility or what we call off the mind recall. I have spent a decade in a well known MNC and I have seen how lack of strategy makes or breaks people. A blue eyed person gets shoved to a corner if he is unable to find who can influence to take him to the next level. So to answer your question if stories were the criteria dont you think Powder(if you have not watched , do watch its available on SonyLiv and youtube) an extraordinary show till date on ITV should have highest TRP. Brand and politics do matter and that's a reality. We like it or not it is going to stay. By the way I hope you know Mallya got loans by staking his brand as a collateral so you can imagine the value a brand has. Brand value is stated in company's statements. Its works the same way for actors. Karan Singh Grover is a live example of declining brand value.

This is a rare show on air that actually has some content and some good acting too....instead so much time is wasted chasing these lame manufactured controversies. I wish people would focus on what actually matters. 

>> Yes I really hope so because I am not fan of either KK or MK but I will appreciate where I like their performance and I have always pointed out when I have thought that I cannot connect with what they are showing which I am unable to for the past few episodes

As for Mohit, he should ideally step away from all this until he can learn to control his emotions and temper....I understand the frustration on a human level that people treat you like they own you simply cuz you're an actor but for his own peace of mind, he needs to learn to detach from all this. 

>>Exactly that is what is managing. You should know what to give away and what to withhold , what to reveal and what not to. It is his first popularity and adulation. He will need time to learn and manage them. I saw him following lot of fans etc, so he was going all out which kind of surprised me .

>>>In this age and time social media is a stakeholder as they can really influence .Look at what is happening in SSR case. Its not about actual or fake , its about the damage they can do. I have seen some comments and I think some of them are clearly obsessed . 

I think we are actually on totally different tangents here now😆. You've turned this into an extensive essay on corporate culture and brand management.....and that is not what I'm getting at. I really am not interested in a dissection of corporate culture...that has it's own issues that have trickled into society and that's a broader discussion not connected to this. 

Also, let's please not bring the SSR case into this situation. That is an example of online mob violence....is that really what we want to be stoking here? 

My very point is that society as a whole is emboldening online mobs by making them feel entitled towards saying or doing anything to anyone without proof or cause. I fundamentally disagree with this approach.....making fans feel this entitled is the root cause of so many problems. You seem to be saying that nothing can be done other than giving into the mob each time....that no one should take a stand for their individuality....that it's only about herd mentality. I disagree with that. 

And once again, I don't know why we need to sit here and give PR advice to Mohit....lol it's his life and his career - he can learn as he sees fit....who are we to sit here and guide him? Why should we be invested in his life? Our interest is only in this show....rest is his life to manage as he sees fit. 

Edited by AreYaar - 3 years ago

Originally posted by AreYaar

I think we are actually on totally different tangents here now😆. You've turned this into an extensive essay on corporate culture and brand management.....and that is not what I'm getting at. I really am not interested in a dissection of corporate culture...that has it's own issues that have trickled into society and that's a broader discussion not connected to this. 

>>the essay applies to any business but its ok I can see you have a different take and I have a different one although both seem to agree on the fact that we want the show to be appreciated and discussed and not the actors and their personal lives and I fully agree to that.

Also, let's please not bring the SSR case into this situation. That is an example of online mob violence....is that really what we want to be stoking here? 

>>that was an example what online mob violence can do till we have laws framed to handle such scenarios

My very point is that society as a whole is emboldening online mobs by making them feel entitled towards saying or doing anything to anyone without proof or cause. I fundamentally disagree with this approach.....making fans feel this entitled is the root cause of so many problems. You seem to be saying that nothing can be done other than giving into the mob each time....that no one should take a stand for their individuality....that it's only about herd mentality. I disagree with that. 

>>I disagree to mob but looks like it came out that way but anyways I will leave it here. It was just my viewpoint of handling the situation till we have a law

And once again, I don't know why we need to sit here and give PR advice to Mohit....lol it's his life and his career - he can learn as he sees fit....who are we to sit here and guide him? Why should we be invested in his life? Our interest is only in this show....rest is his life to manage as he sees fit. 

>>Since we were having a discussion I mentioned the same . I am not doling out advice to MK in any way and neither am I interested in his life 

I just expressed my viewpoint from my experience and I will rest my case here.

This topic has turned into a warzone with moral police and fanwars.

Closed.

Regards,

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste 2 Development Team.