Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin

Is Pakhi really at fault?

Optimist_d thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

I actually missed to see the scene. Before sangeet, pakhi and her parents did discuss about the wedding. 

It's clearly visible that pakhi was emotionally very weak at the moment. Till now, I used to think that the decision to get married was not forced and instead,  she herself chose it. But I think most of us might get weak sometimes where we might take wrong decisions.  But our family, friends or dear ones help us come back to reality .

I expected that from the parents. The mother, she's so full of society and all, I get where she is coming from. But it isnt the time to say all those things. She could have told all the practical problems to her.  Instead of talking about society or chavan khandan etc, she could've said, Virat himself doesn't want to marry her. 

She or the father should've said that, dont break the marriage or proceed with it because of(or for) Virat. Whatever decision she takes, should be for herself.  Virat was clear in choosing his family over her.

This is what I wanted either of them to tell her:

Pakhi, you have two options- either to marry Samrat or call it quits.  If u want to marry Samrat, u should make a fresh start. I know its difficult,  but u can't take such a big step of your life just out of any majboori.  See Pakhi, Virat is no more your love, he's going to be your devar! If u marry Samrat, you should face Virat daily (if not daily, regularly). Are you ready for that?

If u want to say no to this wedding, the reason should not be that Virat may marry u. Again, the decision should be for YOURSELF  and your life, not for anyone else.

But if u still have hopes,  just imagine,  we break the wedding with the elder son of that house and the other son wants to marry you, knowing his family(and how strict they are), will they ever agree for this? Can Virat go against his family, or atleast can he fight with them for u? Let's assume he did, what about your life at your sasuraal? U need to face taunts on a daily basis. Are you ready for any of this? Think of all these factors before taking any decision beta. 

We always want to see you happy Pakhi, not just now but forever beta!

I really wish someone explain to her as I believe that she was very weak at that moment! I know that the wedding is already done, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with u all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Optimist_d

I actually missed to see the scene. Before sangeet, pakhi and her parents did discuss about the wedding. 

It's clearly visible that pakhi was emotionally very weak at the moment. Till now, I used to think that the decision to get married was not forced and instead,  she herself chose it. But I think most of us might get weak sometimes where we might take wrong decisions.  But our family, friends or dear ones help us come back to reality .

I expected that from the parents. The mother, she's so full of society and all, I get where she is coming from. But it isnt the time to say all those things. She could have told all the practical problems to her.  Instead of talking about society or chavan khandan etc, she could've said, Virat himself doesn't want to marry her. 

She or the father should've said that, dont break the marriage or proceed with it because of(or for) Virat. Whatever decision she takes, should be for herself.  Virat was clear in choosing his family over her.

This is what I wanted either of them to tell her:

Pakhi, you have two options- either to marry Samrat or call it quits.  If u want to marry Samrat, u should make a fresh start. I know its difficult,  but u can't take such a big step of your life just out of any majboori.  See Pakhi, Virat is no more your love, he's going to be your devar! If u marry Samrat, you should face Virat daily (if not daily, regularly). Are you ready for that?

If u want to say no to this wedding, the reason should not be that Virat may marry u. Again, the decision should be for YOURSELF  and your life, not for anyone else.

But if u still have hopes,  just imagine,  we break the wedding with the elder son of that house and the other son wants to marry you, knowing his family(and how strict they are), will they ever agree for this? Can Virat go against his family, or atleast can he fight with them for u? Let's assume he did, what about your life at your sasuraal? U need to face taunts on a daily basis. Are you ready for any of this? Think of all these factors before taking any decision beta. 

We always want to see you happy Pakhi, not just now but forever beta!

I really wish someone explain to her as I believe that she was very weak at that moment! I know that the wedding is already done, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with u all.

Completely agree

What pakhi did is nothing but foolishness but cant blame her as she was going through nothing short of emotional trauma but her parents...what were they doing

Mom toh high society ki bhakt hai use bas chavan family ka status aur paisa dikh raha hai but pakhi's father???

He is shown as a sensible man. Even if pakhi was not saying no the marriage he should have cancelled it or told everything to the chavans clearly and let them decide what they wanted.

Cant belive any parents could let their daughter ruin her life and marry for wrong reasons

Surprisingly virat took a very clear stand amidst all this. He made it very clear that he choose his family over his love for pakhi. And he said it again and again.....the guy who clearly loves his family more than pakhi...what was she expecting from him that untill very last moment of tying  mangalsutra he will choose her....utterly stupid.

Thats why i dont feel any connection, any sympathy for virat- pakhi

During whole week i was like.....haan haan..theek hai jaldi melodrama over karo ab aur SaiRat ki shadi karwao🤣

Edited by anjali0111 - 3 years ago
Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I totally agree with you.. I feel sympathy for pakhi... Her expectations from him were too much...somehow I don't feel Virat o be the person I thought he'd be at the start of the serial. He somewhere disappointed me. But said that, I don't really feel any connection towards virat-pakhi at all.😕

ashley_179 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Pakhi is being set as a villian of the love story. That was the case in the original show.

..Peppermint.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Virat chose his family over her, and she had no one to guide her, i very much agree with this....

I was expecting her friend,father to guide her...

Optimist_d thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjali0111

Completely agree

What pakhi did is nothing but foolishness but cant blame her as she was going through nothing short of emotional trauma but her parents...what were they doing

Exactly! Giving everything that your child wants is different.  Here she's actually ruining her life and they couldn't even explain her. In all this, they've spoiled Samrat's life too! I hold everyone responsible for that.

Mom toh high society ki bhakt hai use bas chavan family ka status aur paisa dikh raha hai but pakhi's father???

He is shown as a sensible man. Even if pakhi was not saying no the marriage he should have cancelled it or told everything to the chavans clearly and let them decide what they wanted.

Which society? When Pakhi openly told that she's marrying just so that she can stay near to Virat, atleast then she didnt think of what society will say about her daughter when they gets to know this? It's not about society.  She just wants to get her daughter married. According to many parents, they think things will get better after marriage. But that needs some efforts, unlike what these people are doing now

Cant belive any parents could let their daughter ruin her life and marry for wrong reasons

Yes! I expected some sense from her dad. But for him, his daughter's happiness matters. But at the cost of spoiling her own life? I expected a little more sensible talks from him

Surprisingly virat took a very clear stand amidst all this. He made it very clear that he choose his family over his love for pakhi. And he said it again and again.....the guy who clearly loves his family more than pakhi...what was she expecting from him that untill very last moment of tying  mangalsutra he will choose her....utterly stupid.

Yes, he was very clear! She shouldn't have promised him. What did she think? I mean what'll she do if Virat wont get married? She toh will be his bhabhi only na. And that dream, god please! That was too much! She really needs some help! If writers wants to make her villain, be it. But dont expect us to connect with all this drama because this doesn't make sense! I think she expected that he wont be able to see her with anyone else and that's why she was hopeful 

Thats why i dont feel any connection, any sympathy for virat- pakhi

I think I'm more connected with Virat-Kamal sir more ðŸ˜† He's more worried for Sai as Kamal Sir's daughter but not for his love.. clearly shows duty is everything for him ðŸ¤£ and yes, what sympathy? They have landed themselves in this and dragged Samrat unnecessarily. I feel so bad for him 

During whole week i was like.....haan haan..theek hai jaldi melodrama over karo ab aur SaiRat ki shadi karwao🤣

Yea, too much of melodrama. The time they have spent in showing all the wedding drama, had they invested in forming base for Virat-Pakhi, then atleast we would've tried to connect with them. All of this seems so forced now ðŸ˜µ

My replies in pink :)

Optimist_d thumbnail

Originally posted by: blackhole

I totally agree with you.. I feel sympathy for pakhi... Her expectations from him were too much...somehow I don't feel Virat o be the person I thought he'd be at the start of the serial. He somewhere disappointed me. But said that, I don't really feel any connection towards virat-pakhi at all.😕

I agree, Virat disappointed me too. But he was very clear. He chose his family over Pakhi. I feel someone should've helped her look beyond Virat's love. Coz even though he loves her, she doesn't have any rights over him/his love. Technically,  he's her devar. Pakhi really needs a wake up call. Though I sympathize with her with the way things turned out, I still hold her equally responsible for spoiling Samrat's life

Optimist_d thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashley_179

Pakhi is being set as a villian of the love story. That was the case in the original show.

If she's a villain from the beginning,  that's different. But if the writers wants the audience to connect with her and understand why she's doing everything,  I can't.  Because at some point, she should understand what damage she did to herself and to Samrat too. I agree virat is at fault but she's not completely right either. 

I have no idea that this is a remake till I visited this forum. So I still consider it as a new show and see how things turn out to be. 

Sorry if I sounded rude, all I'm saying is, the connection to the character is missing, which is needed.

Optimist_d thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Peppermint..

Virat chose his family over her, and she had no one to guide her, i very much agree with this....

I was expecting her friend,father to guide her...

Exactly! There's no one to guide her. She needs a reality check at this point. I hope, with Sai as Virat's wife, she understands what exactly happened and give herself a chance to live. Coz right now, all that matters to her is Virat, which is bad. Coz he clearly chose his family over her. 

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Optimist_d

Exactly! There's no one to guide her. She needs a reality check at this point. I hope, with Sai as Virat's wife, she understands what exactly happened and give herself a chance to live. Coz right now, all that matters to her is Virat, which is bad. Coz he clearly chose his family over her. 

Virat should get a hint now that Pakhi has not and will not.move on until he does Pakhi and Sam are not happy He wanted them to be happy Now if he really wants Pakhi to come out of it let her misunderstand him in Sai's case don't go and wipe her tears promise love and tell her that his marriage to Sai is a compromise