Jagtap Mane / Siddharth Bhodke Appreciation Post

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

In the first episode when I saw Jagtap troubling Sai, I thought he'll be one of those villains who is just there to provide comic relief.  But I was so wrong.

A big kudos to Siddharth , first of all. I think he's just so in control of the character. When he's being funny, I actually can't stop laughing but when he's creepy, I fear for Sai and I feel super uncomfortable myself. This is a testament to the actor's ability to just completely nail every emotion. ITV villains are usually so idiotic that it's annoying but this villain is actually SCARY.

Siddharth being such a good actor is going to make it a lot easier for Neil and Ayesha to convince us as Sai and Virat. Had the villain not been this disturbing, Virat and Sai would not have made any sense to us. Now atleast they'll make  a teensy bit of sense.

Siddharth as Jagtap is a huge asset to the show and absolutely brilliant casting!!

I was thinking about that yesterday!

I generally love well-written villains, and yesterday when he subtly transited from being comical to dominating was so well-acted!

Credit to the actor, he's doing a great job

Thanks for creating this appreciation post. I so agree. Japtap being creepy and comical simultaneously makes me uncomfortable too. The actor's (Sidharth) just so good. He really makes you despise the character and not just in a filmy way. 

In the same vein, most actors in the show are good. Maybe because none of the characters are over the top (thanks to the writing).  

A character is written on paper.

An actor brings it to life.

An actor ia said said to have done justice to the character when we as an audience feels the same as one of the character interacting with it.

We hate Jags when we are supposed to

We.laugh when he is comical

We feel creepy when he comes on to Sai

We get scared when he becomes an animal

A job successfully done. 

So real and so unlike other so called villains.

Edited by Chahat_A_Doshi - 3 years ago

He is a theatre artist and theatre there is no retake and you are constantly getting audience reaction which might have helped him in portraying this character well.

The best thing abt this show is Awesome Villain character that I love enjoy watching 👍🏼 especially his obsession for Sayi is the highlight and his Tashan with Virat 👍🏼 so enjoyable like a movie hope creatives team keeps show with this created plot Virat Sayi n Jagtaap trio 👏 bcz they r proven to rocking in TRPs creatives should continue concentrating on this plot not end it please. 

He is a truly talented actor. Kudos for carrying it off so flawlessly! 👏