Why did Esha Deol not connect with the audience?

Posted: 3 years ago

I always found Esha Deol a case of fate gone awry, but I think she represented someone with potential, even in her worst films she was watchable and she had that screen presence. I loved her in Yuva, Dhoom and Na Tum Jaano Na Hum. Even though the last film did not garner positive reviews, Esha was so sweet and wholesome in it, so endearing! She had that doe-eyed charm and could be sexy when she wanted to, as in Dhoom. She had a very moldable face, she could look sweet and innocent in one film and sultry and hot in the other - a rare quality I must say.

Esha Deol ISEY 2020 - Klay Schools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uUmHTgT65I

I found her to be average looking and a bad actress too πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

But like with most of the 00s nepo kids, who knows what she may have been able to do if she had kjo πŸ™ƒπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

Originally posted by Anjalika01

I found her to be average looking and a bad actress too πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

But like with most of the 00s nepo kids, who knows what she may have been able to do if she had kjo πŸ™ƒπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

Oh I found her sweet. As for acting skills, she was decent. Not good, not bad. But I thought Dhoom would be a turning-point for her. Objectively speaking, she did become the favourite of guys after that song, especially launde lapades. But somehow she could not sustain that sudden stardom which was thrust on her.

Originally posted by mintyblue

Oh I found her sweet. As for acting skills, she was decent. Not good, not bad. But I thought Dhoom would be a turning-point for her. Objectively speaking, she did become the favourite of guys after that song, especially launde lapades. But somehow she could not sustain that sudden stardom which was thrust on her.

By similar logic, Alia is sweeter and is better at acting. 

Also how do you know she became fav of guys after some song just because she exposed .

Originally posted by TMKOC_MY

By similar logic, Alia is sweeter and is better at acting. 

Also how do you know she became fav of guys after some song just because she exposed .

IDK, bcoz guys are predictable that way?

Kidding, but I do think the comments below the Youtube video are an indication of how guys appreciated her in that song and movie.

IDK, bcoz guys are predictable that way?

Kidding, but I do think the comments below the Youtube video are an indication of how guys appreciated her in that song and movie.

I don't think she had that "factor",  the only crazy following for an actress(new) I have seen among males is Katrina I guess. 

Deepika has followers but idk there is some sophistication filter there, katrina was the last full on masala actress we had. ( Even though she was pathetic at acting)

1) Bad and repetitive acting.
2) Constant comparisons with her mother.
3) No solid/memorable performance. (Almost every moderately successful actress has had one.)

Ok acting and below average looks, overshadowed by the gorgeous Hema Malini

I was too young back then to know what launde lapade thought of her πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜‚...

But yeah I agree that Esha does seem like a genuinely nice person even in interviews and stuff... not rude or bratty like many nepo kids...

Biggest reason was constant comparison with Hema Malini just like Abhishek suffered because of constant comparison from Amitabh.

That doesn't mean she would've made it if she wasn't Hema Malini's daughter. Scientifically, she won't even have existed if she wasn't Hema Malini and Dharmendra's daughter.πŸ˜†

But keeping science aside, she never was a star material just like Abhishek. But industry won't have labeled them as failures if they were somehow not kids of Superstars.