Barrister Babu

RudhIta Drabbles ❤️ #5- Pg5 [Updated 14/11]

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello Forumwasis!

Sooo.... I finally caught up with all the episodes and found myself motivated to write on the iconic duo of our show. I am planning to write a bunch of drabbles since I have a few ideas in my mind. I am very conscious right now, this is the first time I am writing fiction so soon after joining a forum. But Rudhita are irresistible! 

I will try my best to keep it upto the mark. The first drabble will be up soon. Probably by tonight or tomorrow. 

Thank you. 

Index

#1 - Page: 1 

#2 - Page 2 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/154640068

#3 - Page 3

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/154724871

#4 - Page 4

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/154790699 

Edited by AK_2010 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AK_2010 thumbnail

# 1: Maa Durga Ki Tarah Kathor

The first thing he had done after making out of that horrific place was drive straight to meet their Maa. He had fulfilled his promise by finding her daughter.

He knew she would be waiting for her kaleje ka tukda to return safely.

And he knew he had done the right thing because the moment Maa spotted Bondita stumbling towards her, she ran to close the remaining distance between them and slumped down on the ground with her daughter sobbing violently in her arms.

It broke his heart to see her in so much anguish.

After all, he had sworn to walk with her through the darkness of this cruel society. But he had amazingly failed at the very first founder. Which resulted in the tormented look plastered on Bondita’s face throughout their ride back home.

The ever chirpy Bondita was so petrified after experiencing the cruelty at the hands of Tarabai, that she barely responded to him, Saurabh or Mini. The ashen look on her face made his guilt thicken by tenfolds.

He had failed her.

“Anirudh Babu,” Maa’s voice brought him out of his thoughts, “meri beti ko ghar lekar aane ke liye dhanyawad.” She folded her hands in gratitude, “Mai jitna bhi karu, lekin aapke saare ehsaano ki barabari nahi kar paungi… Meri beti ki jaan bachane ke badle mei sirf dhanyawad keh sakti hoon.

If that ‘Anirudh Babu’ instead of ‘Jamai Babu’ had not broken his heart, the ‘ehsaan’ had definitely done the job. Anirudh’s eyes moistened at the lack of warmth in his Maa’s eyes and spotted Bondita clinging to her mother with her arms wrapped tightly around her waist. She gently suggested her daughter to leave them alone for a moment.

Bondita hesitated, but after sparing a look at her Pati Babu, she walked away.

Ab aapko bhi ghar lautna chahiye, Anirudh Babu. Apke ghar wale bhi apki raah dekh rahe honge.

Anirudh’s heart skipped a beat.

Had he heard it right?

She was asking him to leave?

Without Bondita?

Lekin Bondita?”

Woh ab surakshit hai, Anirudh Babu. Aur ab mai uske saath kuch galat nahi hone dungi.

Mai uske bagair kaise laut jau, Maa? Mai janta hoon maine galati ki hai, aur maafi ke yogya bhi nahi hoon. Par mai aapse wada karta hoon, Bondita ko lekar mai dubara koi galati nahi karunga. Iss baar mai apni zimmedari acche se nibhaunga. Mai aapko shikayat ka koi mauka nahi doonga.

Mujhe kaha haq hai shikayat karne ka, Anirudh Babu?” Sumati sighed, “Ek Maa hone ke bavajood mai apni beti ki raksha nahi kar payi. Do-do baar nakamiyab rahi! Pehli baar toh aap aa gaye the farishta banke. Lekin doosri baar?  Doosri baar meri beti, mere liye akele pure samaaj se lad padi.

A shiver ran down his spine after recalling the horrors his little ‘wife’ suffered because of his hasty decision.

Pata hai, Anirudh Babu? Bondita ke Baba hamesha kehte the… Bondita unki beti nahi beta hai. Unka ghuroor hai. Mai hi nahi manti thi. Usko hamesha phool ki tarah nazuk samajhti thi.” Tears rolled down her eyes, “Lekin meri beti nazuk nahi hai, Anirudh Babu. Woh Durga Maa ki tarah kathor hai.

Maa…

Yeh sab jo hua hai, uske baad mai itna toh samajh gayi hoon ki usse kisi ki zimmedari banne ki zarurat nahi hai, Anirudh Babu.” Sumati insisted with her hands folded. 

DO LIKE AND COMMENT.

CRITICISM WELCOME!! 

P.S. Happy Navratri!!

wayback2 thumbnail

Its heartbreakingly beautiful. I loved the way you penned down Ani 's emotion. 

It was just beautiful, i just wished it was more.. I didn't want it to end. 

Pls write something soon

deep.d19 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank you for the PM Akshu. 

I occasionally watch this show so I know a few things here and there so thanks for sharing this. 

You have out done yourself here ❤️

I love the calmness and maturity of these dialogues. Endline was that Bondita deserves better than just being 'zimmedari'. 

AK_2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wayback2

Its heartbreakingly beautiful. I loved the way you penned down Ani 's emotion. 

It was just beautiful, i just wished it was more.. I didn't want it to end. 

Pls write something soon

Thank you ❤️

There is more on the way... I promise! 

AK_2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: deep.d19

Thank you for the PM Akshu. 

I occasionally watch this show so I know a few things here and there so thanks for sharing this. 

You have out done yourself here ❤️

I love the calmness and maturity of these dialogues. Endline was that Bondita deserves better than just being 'zimmedari'. 

Thank you! 🤗

Got it right! 

deep.d19 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AK_2010

Thank you! 🤗

Got it right! 

Happy birthday Akshu! 🤗

Wishing you all the success and happiness in life... 

May I ask when are you going to update the other story? I waiting for it... And also this one.. Kab likhogi next drabble? 

Can't wait anymore... 

AK_2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: deep.d19

Happy birthday Akshu! 🤗

Wishing you all the success and happiness in life...

Thank you for the wishes and remembering my Bday smiley31

May I ask when are you going to update the other story? I waiting for it... And also this one.. Kab likhogi next drabble? 

Can't wait anymore... 

Tu yaha bhi mujhe stalk karne lagi??? 😆

wayback2 thumbnail

Eagely waiting for the next update... Can you please tell when are you planning to write 😆

AK_2010 thumbnail

# 2: He Will Miss Her. 

Anirudh furiously stormed towards the kitchen as soon as Bihari showed up in the study with a glass of badam doodh set on a serving tray.

Why, you ask?

Because he knew that badam doodh was made by only one person in the Roy Choudhary mansion. His wife, Bondita. The exact reason behind Barristra Babu’s anger was that Bondita’s exams were closing in and as per the time-table, Mrs. Bondita Roy Choudhary was supposed to revise a few chapters before she went to sleep.

But he stopped at the doorway when he heard the voices of Bondita and Som as she scrubbed the soiled utensils in the corner and his brother sat on the counter, sipping on his hot coco milk while Bondita orally answered the questions he was throwing at her.

He was impressed.

Kaam bhi aur padhai bhi.

“The only difference between the different types of electromagnetic radiation is the amount of energy. The wavelengths we can see…” Bondita ranted off an answer.

Anirudh leaned against the door frame and watched the dada-boudi pair indulge in a rapid fire session, with his hands buried deep inside the pockets and clutching onto a gift he had brought down for his wife. He waited patiently for the duo to finish and finally she wiped her hands on a towel and looked at him wide eyed making Som rush out of the kitchen as soon as he was spotted standing right behind him.

Pati babu, aapko kuch kaam tha? Bohot intezaar kiya aapne? ” Bondita knew he would never interrupt her studies at any cost and would wait until she wasn’t occupied anymore.  

Intezaar toh kiya hai, Bondita.” Anirudh walked in, “Paanch saal se intezaar kiya hai iss din ka. Kal tumhare saath-saath meri bhi pariksha hai, Bondita. Toh socha jaise tum apna stress kam karti ho, waise aaj mai bhi apna stress kam kar loon.” He smiled gently.

Aapko bhi roshogulla khana hai, Pati Babu?” She giggled, but pulled out a pot of the said sweet from a cabinet, “Aapko sirf ek hi milega! Mai sab kuch baant sakti hoon-

“Lekin roshogulla nahi!” Anirudh completed for her, “Pata hai mujhe.” He chuckled and yet saw her placing three of them in his bowl and accompanied him to sit at the dinning table.  

Dar lag raha hai?” Anirudh asked after she swallowed her share of the sweets in a hurry, an indicator of her nervousness. She sighed wordlessly, “Tum kar logi, Bondita. Mujhe tumpe vishwas hai.

Pata hai. Maine padhai toh bohot acche se ki hai aur mai janti hoon ki mai safal ho hi jaungi. Lekin dar iss baat ka lag raha hai ki safal hone ke baad ghar aur parivaar chod kar vilayat jana padega…” She mangled her fingers together, another nervous habit.

Hmm… Woh toh hai. Jab mai vilayat jane wala tha, mujhe bhi dar lag raha tha. Kabhi ghar se dur raha hi nahi aur achanak sab ko chod ke jana mushkil bhi tha.” He folded his arms and relaxed in his chair, “Jab bhi ghar se letter aata mai yeh soch ke khush ho jata ki koi bhi mujhe bhula nahi hai.”

Bondita smiled wishfully, “Mujhe bhi letters bhejenge naa? Bhul toh nahi jayenge?

Tumhe koi bhul sakta hai bhala? ” Anirudh teased, “Tumhare jaane ke baad toh ghar mei shanti chha jayegi. Jiske marzi ke bina ghar ka ek kaam nahi hota, uske bina toh ghar, ghar jaisa lagega hi nahi. Mujhe lagta hai tumhare liye ghar se roz koi na koi letter bhejega. Everyone will miss you, Bondita.”

“Will you miss me?” Their eyes locked for a long moment, “Will you send letters for me, Pati Babu?”

It may sound like an innocent question to anyone else, but fr the two of them, it meant so much more. Anirudh was aware of the insecurities rising  inside Bondita's mind ever since she learnt the truth about their marriage. He knew she feared for the future of their marriage.

Sometimes, he did too.

He was sure that he did not love her.

Will he ever love her the way a husband loves his wife? He wasn’t sure. Yet.

One day, they would be expected to assume the duties of a married couple and the eldest of the household, but uncertainty always plagued his mind every time he sat down to think about them as a pair. As lovers and soulmates. He could see her as child, a prodigy, a smart student, a great daughter-in-law, an amazing sister, an undeterred revolutionary and every other role she had donned in the tender age of sixteen. But to be able to see her as his rightful wife was a difficult task, he hasn’t been able to achieve.

But he was sure he will miss her.

Her constant chatter, her ability to silence him with her arguments, her silly jokes that make him laugh, the delicious food she cooks, her tender affection, her sensitivity and devotion to their relationship. He was going to miss it all.

“I will.” Anirudh confessed honestly. “I think, I might just end up following you all the way till London.”

She laughed at this, “You should! You cannot manage a thing without me. Chahe woh ghar ho ya adaalat.” She teased.

Eventually when they reached their rooms to sleep, he showed her the gift he had dug out from his precious collection. An old fountain pen.

“This belonged to my Maa, Bondita.” He explained emotionally, “She was a poet. Maa was my first teacher and is solely the reason why I am deeply inclined towards literature. Kaka gave me this pen when I was going to answer my entrance exam. These are her blessings, Bondita. Jaise unhone mera saath diya hai, vaise hi who hamesha tumhara bhi saath dengi, Bondita. Kal tum exam mei bohot accha karogi aur phir ek din Barristra Bondita Roy Choudhary ka naam iss ghar ke bahar wale diwar par laga hoga.”

Thik aapke naam ke bagal mei.”

Thik mere naam ke bagal mei.” He promised with a smile and tried to calm his racing heart.

She can always leave me speechless, he thought to himself. 

P.S. Like and comment! Criticism is welcome!