Where to post/share VMs?

ItsRain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Some of you on this forum may know that I also make vms and usually post them on here with the link on youtube. A few weeks ago, after almost 3 years of making my channel, all the videos got terminated and my account got blocked 

This is the second channel of mine that has been terminated in this way, so now I'm scared to even make another channel since I know the end result will probably end in termination... again. 😔 

Does anyone know of a safe place to post/share vms without having to be afraid of copyright strikes shattering all your hopes and dreams? 😭

If you do, please let me know. It is much appreciated ❤️

- Rain

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ItsRain

Hey guys,

Some of you on this forum may know that I also make vms and usually post them on here with the link on youtube. A few weeks ago, after almost 3 years of making my channel, all the videos got terminated and my account got blocked 

This is the second channel of mine that has been terminated in this way, so now I'm scared to even make another channel since I know the end result will probably end in termination... again. 😔 

Does anyone know of a safe place to post/share vms without having to be afraid of copyright strikes shattering all your hopes and dreams? 😭

If you do, please let me know. It is much appreciated ❤️

- Rain

Hi

They are back at it again 😡

One of the vm makers shares vms only on google drive and keeps it private. 

If you know people can be trusted then only share it with them. 

Or may be Dropbox not sure about it

Also a word of caution people even use other's vms as their own or post them elsewhere without permission so watch out for that. 

Edited by renee.bee - 3 years ago
HerFiction thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

while uploading on youtube, make it unlisted (instead of public and private). in this way the video will seen by clicking on the url. it will not appear in youtube search.

ItsRain thumbnail

Originally posted by: renee.bee

Hi

They are back at it again 😡

One of the vm makers shares vms only on google drive and keeps it private. 

If you know people can be trusted then only share it with them. 

Or may be Dropbox not sure about it

Also a word of caution people even use other's vms as their own or post them elsewhere without permission so watch out for that. 

Thank you so much, I think I'll try the google drive option! It seems the safest. 

Yeah, unfortunately plagiarism is everywhere, I'll keep an eye out for it!

ItsRain thumbnail

Originally posted by: HerFiction

while uploading on youtube, make it unlisted (instead of public and private). in this way the video will seen by clicking on the url. it will not appear in youtube search.

Thank you thank you! I've never tried making it unlisted so will definitely try that :)

Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ItsRain

Thank you thank you! I've never tried making it unlisted so will definitely try that :)

In that case how can people view your vms. Pls dm your channel link when you start it 

ItsRain thumbnail

In that case how can people view your vms. Pls dm your channel link when you start it 

Yess, will dm the link when I create a new channel! 

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

People can view it by clicking on the URL. Same thing would be required even for Google drive right. Although this will limit the viewers massively, it does seem a good option bcz the content will be posted from her channel's account so others cannot say it is their work. And Google drive would eventually reach a storage limit so multiple accounts would be required if there are many VMs.

@ItsRain If and when you make a new channel, you can share the link here on the forum and also embed the YouTube videos in your thread. This way, people here can easily view and follow your VMs but Star plus won't be able to come across it because it won't come up by searching on YouTube.

@HerFiction Truly a good idea. I wasn't aware about this unlisted thing on YouTube, so thank you for informing ⭐️.

Otherwise I was also going to suggest the Google drive option only like @renee.bee.

Love,

Stuti

ItsRain thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

People can view it by clicking on the URL. Same thing would be required even for Google drive right. Although this will limit the viewers massively, it does seem a good option bcz the content will be posted from her channel's account so others cannot say it is their work. And Google drive would eventually reach a storage limit so multiple accounts would be required if there are many VMs.

@ItsRain If and when you make a new channel, you can share the link here on the forum and also embed the YouTube videos in your thread. This way, people here can easily view and follow your VMs but Star plus won't be able to come across it because it won't come up by searching on YouTube.

@HerFiction Truly a good idea. I wasn't aware about this unlisted thing on YouTube, so thank you for informing ⭐️.

Otherwise I was also going to suggest the Google drive option only like @renee.bee.

Love,

Stuti

I'll definitely do that! When I make a new channel I'll post the link on the forum and the unlisted video link for the VMs I make - just so people on here can view but it won't be subject to copyright issues on YT. I'll also post my google drive folder where I upload all my VMs, old and new, in case anyone wants to save them. 

I always put a watermark with my username on it so hopefully that'll help with plagiarism.

Thank you, Stuti 🤗

HerFiction thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I am not sure if you can find it from the channel. @ItsRain you will have to send the link of video