Shaadi Mubarak

Preeti is an epitome of hypocrisy

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

She expects Tarun to respect her but cannot speak up for herself when he threatens her to become dumb again for life.

She expects her aunt-in-law to understand her dreams but doesn't show courage to speak up to her strongly.

She expects the world to ignore her complexion when she cannot ignore it herself.

Honestly, I am tired of KT and Kusum and Juhi speaking for her everywhere.

One cannot expect respect when he/she lets the world walk over them.

I hope the show progresses with her becoming stronger!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shinesparkle3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

All thanks to makers for showing such things. No doubt why rajshree wasnt satisfied with the way her character was shaping and finally she left the show.

dipali13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Exactly my thoughts  she have speak up for herself first 👍🏼

CupofCoffeee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Well Preeti likes to act Mahaan, the way she doesn’t get tired if speaking infront of Kusum and the way she becomes dumb infront of rest of the world shows it all.

And the forever crying face and character of Preeti has made the show really boring and to add to it is the negativity by Rati and Tarun, every episode half time is dedicated to these 2 useless jokers and nowadays Priyanka too

I thought we would get to see different styles of weddings and celebrations and KT Preeti bonding but all they show is Preeti’s crying face all the time and Preeti getting humiliated at every place she goes and standing like a dumb statue there and crying later

I have been watching in fast forward from almost half a month now

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: -EvilDesires-

Well Preeti likes to act Mahaan, the way she doesn’t get tired if speaking infront of Kusum and the way she becomes dumb infront of rest of the world shows it all.

And the forever crying face and character of Preeti has made the show really boring and to add to it is the negativity by Rati and Tarun, every episode half time is dedicated to these 2 useless jokers and nowadays Priyanka too

I thought we would get to see different styles of weddings and celebrations and KT Preeti bonding but all they show is Preeti’s crying face all the time and Preeti getting humiliated at every place she goes and standing like a dumb statue there and crying later

The makers have to learn something from bepannah..a widower cheated by her late husband ,becomes a successful wedding planner ..yahaan wedding ka naam hi le rahaen hey but not showing it 🤪

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

This content was originally posted by: -EvilDesires-

Exactly, I wanted the show to find a semi anthological pattern with various guest stars making appearances as couples and us seeing various pros and cons of Indian weddings and social evils, while also seeing KT and Preeti's own personal life. But there is hardly any wedding element to it.

No offense intended, but KT and Preeti could as well have had a Mehendi application business and the same story could have been used there.

nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

exactly!

she should first speak for herself

Amanat284 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes, I have to agree with this. 

Also she is unbearable to watch. Her character is so herd-like.  She lets Rati and Tarun insult her and she runs to Rati's defence all the time. 

Man I wish Kusum was the lead and not this waifish character named Preeti. 

She wants self respect but lies to KT, her business partner and despite knowing he doesn't like being cheated, she goes ahead and lies to him, risking their partnership. 

I know she's supposed to be this naïve woman who is easily intimidated but she's not making any progress and she's not even taking small attempts to get respect. Had she allowed Rati to lose her job, that would be a good move. 

Preeti is a lot of work, KT's running out of patience with her and even Kusum might stop tolerating her. She's not likeable at all. 

Edited by Amanat284 - 3 years ago
napster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

From what I gather, they've made Preeti a dumb docile woman so that the target audience don't think her as a characterless woman. Most desis still believe in a certain type of woman as one with honor. A married 'older' woman who has no ambitions other than serving her family, one who has no sexual feelings, someone who keeps sacrificing for her family and expects nothing in return bcoz all of this is her duty.

So if today they show Preeti answering back to the losers, having a spine, self-respect then it won't go down well with the target audience. I started watching the show thinking it'll be different, Rajeshwari's character is still so different and amazing that it makes me wanna watch only her scenes. If only Preeti were a bit like that, it'd be fireworks!

mayavi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No doubt why rajshri quits the show, & yes ur right extremely weak writing of female lead character is so sad to watch i have left watching the show bcos of tarun character which I cannot bear, & but I was expecting this show to get ruined bcos it's sp show which wants to attract their channel old saas bahu audience so no doubt they will adopt their regressive strategy.