Kangana's tweet about the tanishq add - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Don't get all this fuss over religion. Just keep your beliefs to yourself. Nobody wants to hear about it.

For people talking about, "faith," please understand that Dharma isn't about faith. Faith is an Abrahamic construct.

For people talking about intolerance, the fact that India is a secular country, and no country in this world is a Hindu nation, should tell you all about tolerance.

America is about to induct a Christian cultist judge into it's Supreme Court.

India is a secular country where religion doesn't interfere with justice.

This is a land of Saivism, Vaishanism, Shakta, Tantra, Yoga, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, and countless other sects. Today, it extends to Islam and Christianity. All of this happened in a country largely with Eastern traditions.

Every politician tries to use religion as a weapon. But it's my understanding that Eastern religions are more embracing because of its abstract form. That includes Taoism and Zen Buddhism.

If people were wise enough to keep their "faith" and "practices" to themselves, religion wouldn't be politicized.

Whether someone is an atheist, an agnostic, a "Hindu," a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Christian, or a Parsi, it doesn't matter.

You will have beef-eating Hindus preach about "Hinduism," like Kangana. Or, you will have alcoholics talk about Islam. They will go on with their lives. Why do you have to be offended at what others do? Your faith is your faith, none of anyone else's business.

Originally posted by SaayaOfKaaya

Don't get all this fuss over religion. Just keep your beliefs to yourself. Nobody wants to hear about it.

For people talking about, "faith," please understand that Dharma isn't about faith. Faith is an Abrahamic construct.

For people talking about intolerance, the fact that India is a secular country, and no country in this world is a Hindu nation, should tell you all about tolerance.

America is about to induct a Christian cultist judge into it's Supreme Court.

India is a secular country where religion doesn't interfere with justice.

This is a land of Saivism, Vaishanism, Shakta, Tantra, Yoga, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, and countless other sects. Today, it extends to Islam and Christianity. All of this happened in a country largely with Eastern traditions.

Every politician tries to use religion as a weapon. But it's my understanding that Eastern religions are more embracing because of its abstract form. That includes Taoism and Zen Buddhism.

If people were wise enough to keep their "faith" and "practices" to themselves, religion wouldn't be politicized.

Whether someone is an atheist, an agnostic, a "Hindu," a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Christian, or a Parsi, it doesn't matter.

You will have beef-eating Hindus preach about "Hinduism," like Kangana. Or, you will have alcoholics talk about Islam. They will go on with their lives. Why do you have to be offended at what others do? Your faith is your faith, none of anyone else's business.

Tolerance cannot be an abstract. It has to be put into practice, which is not the current situation in India. We don’t know how it was in the Vedic times, but, we can only make judgements based on today’s India.   There’s a lot of whipped up hate and bias towards the minority community right now, and that’s the reality. 
Also, there’s no need to put down other “Abrahamic” religions to feel superior about our “eastern” religions. Any religion is judged by how it’s practised with respect to the other human beings not on the basis of what’s written on the parchment thousands of years ago. Anyways, This is neither the place nor the topic to discuss about “philosophies” of the religions. 

And before we become smug about America’s “cultist judge”, let’s remember our PM is the main accused in a genocide and the best CM of India, (🤣), spouts nonsense about love jihad and the “energy of the female to be controlled by men”. So, let’s not even go there.

Edited by Equine - 3 years ago

Originally posted by rkisnothot

I mean look at Susanne and Hrithik. In that case, it's the Hindu side that dominates. I never see Suzy or the kids celebrating Muslim holidays but the family always releases PR photos and videos of their Hindu poojas. Again, it's not about which religion is more dominating. It's about which one the man belongs to because usually that one is followed by the family.

Hrithik and Sussanne didn't even have a Hindu wedding ceremony.  He enjoys celebrating the holidays as a familial and cultural experience but has said he's not religious.   He said he'd been brought up to believe that the best religion is humanity.  Neither of their families were particularly religious either.  Rakesh called the film community mostly secular.   There was no talk of conversion though reportedly Sussanne  thought it was important for the boys to be raised Hindu and she's the one who directs their religious activities and learning.

Edited by Talis - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Aanandaa

Edited by BWF DT 

For a second I was taken aback and thought someone hacked into your account.😆

Why does this happen by the way? Posts edited by DT. I'm confused😳

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

Why does this happen by the way? Posts edited by DT. I'm confused😳

Hey, they deleted my post ????? It was sarcasm, for gods sake. Everyone understood. DT should develop some sense of humour.

Originally posted by Equine

Hey, they deleted my post ????? It was sarcasm, for gods sake. Everyone understood. DT should develop some sense of humour.

Oh so they deleted your post and the quote has been edited and that’s why it says edited by DT Ok, Got it😆

I was beginning to wonder what is happening lol

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

Oh so they deleted your post and the quote has been edited and that’s why it says edited by DT Ok, Got it😆

I was beginning to wonder what is happening lol

I got 15 likes in 2 minutes . I thought I was on a roll😆

Oh..... thread already moved to Debate mansion. Well then....😆. I hope I don’t get banned.😬

Edited by Equine - 3 years ago

??????

Mods, care to explain why you are deleting and editing posts?  You already moved it to debate section and you now want to censor it even further?

Edited by liberiangirl - 3 years ago