Kangana's tweet about the tanishq add

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 months ago

I recently came across Kangana's tweet about the tanishq ad and also saw many people trending against it on twitter. Now, I don't live in India so I am actually not understanding why such an outrage towards an ad? To me it seemed normal showing the love and bond between two religions. Can someone please enlighten me regarding the issue. 

P. S please know that I am totally unaware about what is wrong with it and I do not mean to hurt anyone's sentiments or religious belief. Also please do not use any offensive words in your reply 

Here is the ad

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGTt5miH4E5/?igshid=1b59u1pjx2cz1

The fact that a Hindu bride is being shown getting married to a Muslim groom is what triggered this reaction.

Since men own women with marriage in this patriarchal society, a Hindu being owned by a Muslim causes a lot of anxiety and panic to the Hindu khatre mein hain brigade. Their bigotry and the insecurity arising from it is what made them lose their shit over a beautiful ad like this.

It's also a sign of the times we are living in.

Kangana is a troll who keeps riding on the wave of whatever is trending with the Right Wing, because she clearly has political ambitions and is busy trying to build her base,

Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

The fact that a Hindu bride is being shown getting married to a Muslim groom is what triggered this reaction.

Since men own women with marriage in this patriarchal society, a Hindu being owned by a Muslim causes a lot of anxiety and panic to the Hindu khatre mein hain brigade. Their bigotry and the insecurity arising from it is what made them lose their shit over a beautiful ad like this.

It's also a sign of the times we are living in.

Kangana is a troll who keeps riding on the wave of whatever is trending with the Right Wing, because she clearly has political ambitions and is busy trying to build her base,

@bold - sorry, did you actually see the advert?smiley36

These trolls are ok with women having to leave her home and go to another home and live with them for the rest of her life. They only have a problem because a Hindu bride is going to live in a Muslim’s home or vice versa. If the ad was about a Hindu/Muslim bride going to a Hindu’s/Muslim’s home nobody would’ve even blinked. 

Also, the reaction would’ve been no different if it was a Muslim bride going into a Hindu’s home. Only the people who would be crying about it would’ve changed.Though I doubt Tanishq had the guts to show it.

Trolls!

Edited by Aanandaa - 6 months ago

But their had been inter faith movies too like Bombay, jodha akbar and kedarnath, so why such an outrage now. Moreover there many inter faith couples in BW like Shahrukh gauri. 

I did not find anything wrong with the ad, indeed I found it very beautiful with a strong message. 

Edited by BWF DT 

For a second I was taken aback and thought someone hacked into your account.smiley36

Edited by Sutapasima - 6 months ago

Originally posted by Aanandaa

For a second I was taken aback and thought someone hacked into your account.smiley36

smiley36. Sorry I shocked you. But I just voiced out what every bhakht brigade is going to say on this matter beforehand only. To save them the trouble😬

Trust me, they come up with every ridiculous defence we can think of.

Originally posted by Aanandaa

These trolls are ok with women having to leave her home and go to another home and live with them for the rest of her life. They only have a problem because a Hindu bride is going to live in a Muslim’s home or vice versa. If the ad was about a Hindu/Muslim bride going to a Hindu’s/Muslim’s home nobody would’ve even blinked. 

Also, the reaction would’ve been no different if it was a Muslim bride going into a Hindu’s home. Only the people who would be crying about it would’ve changed.Though I doubt Tanishq had the guts to show it.

Trolls!

If a girl is shown (some other ad for some other hypothetical product) saying alag ghar banake rehthe hai.. I have left my parents and can't adjust to the rules imposed by your mom, so let's rent a house near the parent's house.... 'ghar todne wali aurat' would have been whining... the bond a girl has with her parents is culturally inferior to the one a boy has with his parents...

P.S  nothing to do with the ad,  just got diverted