A humble submission, an ardent plea, and a rightful demand....

Posted: 3 years ago

To the head honchos, decision makers, the "hierarchy" in short - Pavitra Bhagya deserved better!

At the outset, allow me to introduce myself - will suffice to state that I am one amongst many avid supporters of PB, who have a mission in their lives, currently - a mission far removed from our regular lives, but with one common link, one single-minded focus....one, which revolves around familiar territory to you - the unfairness of the "closure" of PB!

It is important to understand here, that one is not confusing closure with finiteness.....we're all aware, that every beginning has to have an end, and that reel is no different. What is being referred to here, is Abruptness, the sheer Indifference that has been demonstrated to a series, which has so much potential...

Let me explain - I have not come across an ITV series in a very long time, which has a powerful social message woven so beautifully within a GEC framework....there are so many aspects about PB which demonstrate this aspect emphatically.....

When was the last time that the bitter, dysfunctional truth of the "perfect" family was spoken of, so matter-of-factly by the male lead of the show....and yet, with a completely balanced approach....the balance of the positive with the negative, in ways, more than one....

When was the last time that we saw a progressive female lead on a GEC show....one with a mind of her own, and yet, with follies too, uniquely her own...

When was the last time that there was attention to detail shown, to a child actor's character in a show...one who could be symbolic of so many social issues....the importance of a value-based upbringing, and the implications of the lack of it....

As all of you would agree, in your vast experience as well, it's not every day, that the right minds come together at the right time, to create magic....

Pavitra Bhagya's uniqueness lies in this, too!

What a fantastic amalgamation of conceptualization, writing, and histrionics....almost like all the perfect forces coming together....as an output of the "wishing tree" (on a separate note, what a novel thought, and so interestingly used, and unused as well!)

The cast and crew of PB can indeed take a bow!! Kudos to Palki Malhotra, Rajeev Rai and their team, Kunal Jaisingh, Aneri Vajani, Vibha Chibber, Riva Arora, Vaishnavi Prajapati, Abhishek Verma, Yatin Mehta, Mohit Hiranandani, and all the remaining actors as well.....it's no mean feat to be able to spread so much joy and happiness, to be able for others to experience a "home away from home", every single night, as the lines between reality and fiction so seamlessly blur....

Now, to the final part of my note....taking a leaf out of Pranati's book itself....a major part of Pranati's turmoil and rightfully so, lay in the lack of "closure" in her equation with Reyansh....the abruptness of it all....the sheer callousness of it all....the unfairness of it all....

We feel no different!

Yes, all good things need to come to an end, but there is a way in doing so....I mean, if you could, as a channel, show the other series and its viewers the respectability that it deserved, with its appropriate closure, why has PB been treated with such disdain??!! I mean what kind of logic (or rather the lack of it) can explain the precap that was shown on 1st October night, not playing out at all, in the so called "closure" episode??!! As you would agree, the intelligence of viewers cannot be taken for granted, with such contempt!!

I, amongst tens of thousands of viewers believe that things need to change....that things will change....every viewer who switches on their television set is not doing so to only watch warped, dated content....the viewer's intellect needs to be respected, even if it is a daily soap's viewership, that is being dissected here....

If the decision to end PB has been propelled as a Business decision, does it not make superlative Business sense to shift the series to an OTT platform??!! I mean, it doesn't require a NASA scientist to figure out that a series that has a mammoth online viewership will obviously make good money!! There are episodes shot already; Voot select comes at a subscription cost....what is preventing the Eureka moment - beats me completely!!

Pavitra Bhagya is truly a gem....a story that needs to be told....a story that should be told....and this is not just an emotional plea....this is for a larger cause....a true "win-win" as Stephen Covey would say...

Concluding this note on the profound thinker Friedrich Nietzscheโ€™s words "He knows the why can bear almost any how".....

This note is a small step in that direction...

Cheers!

DocD

P.S.: This note would be incomplete without a special mention and tight hug (albeit virtual) for Kunal, Aneri and Riva....you guys have been exceptional....am so happy to have discovered you'll...Reyansh, Pranati and Jugnu or better still, the Rey-Prani-Jugs trio....

Love you to the moon and back! :)

You guys will always be family! :) )

Edited by DocD - 3 years ago

Didn't read yet..

It's fire man

Love you..๐Ÿค—

Res... 

Will comment after reading it

DocD I didn't add anything, all your message is perfect! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thanks so much Jey and ReadLo! *HUGS*

Hope the note is of help...and all the very best to us!!

Love, 

DocD

DocD....you made me speechless....such powerful words...it would be my pleasure to forward it to them...they need to read this....you said it all perfectly....

Let me know if you want anything specific with the post...

Originally posted by vswarup

DocD....you made me speechless....such powerful words...it would be my pleasure to forward it to them...they need to read this....you said it all perfectly....

Let me know if you want anything specific with the post...

Thanks so much, Dear, for your kind words...the note is a reflection of all our pent up emotions...of all the genuine love that we have in our hearts for PB....

Vswarup, please feel free to use the note in any way that you deem fit...

Woooow wooow woooow. Amazing dude. I have no words to appreciate that's how amazing you have penned down the note. 

Originally posted by DocD

Thanks so much, Dear, for your kind words...the note is a reflection of all our pent up emotions...of all the genuine love that we have in our hearts for PB....

Vswarup, please feel free to use the note in any way that you deem fit...

I wanted to have two versions.. one Vasu and Readlo way... To make them understand..

In early hours of tweeting...

And after 10 pm..

Another posting exact words of yours... If possible I'll add little ghee on the burning fire 

I think there's no need of ghee, because it'll explode anytime...

Thank you... Love you so much Dodd... We will definitely make this world see atleast... What they did to PB and you helped me a lot...

I was asking nats and Vasu to write something like this.. but Dodd... It's superb... Your words increased the rage inside me.. 

I didn't sleep a bit tonight because of some personal work... I was feeling sleepy and after reading this post, I dunno where my sleepy feeling gone... 

A new dimension of an ardent fan's outcry which they must hear now... ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

You've summed up all of it really well! This is so well put and got to reach the makers! From the part about the characters and the story to the abrupt end we got.

@Vasu @Jey @Sonia can one of you make screenshots & make an instagram post, at 11 types when the trend begins to close. Palki ma'am will read it! And it'll reach the team too easily. They'll know how good them & their show was! 

@DocD hope you don't mind! 

And when I read that first line about 'hierarchy', I was immediately taken back to Mohits's post where he mentioned about how all of them gave their best hoping to impress the hierarchy! It felt like a slap :/

Edited by Natashapaul - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Kuayva

Woooow wooow woooow. Amazing dude. I have no words to appreciate that's how amazing you have penned down the note. 

Thanks, Kuayva....really happy that you liked the note....and, thanks, for stopping by! :)