Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 years ago

On my watch list! will catch it soon-ish ⭐️

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

i have seen collins in rules dont apply back in 2016-17 ...she was really good in that movie...

about the series, yes have seen it & i must say its quite good since she's a newbie in a land she's not familiar with...i wish to see, though, more than romance factor but itherwise i can relate to this since ive seen many ppl in my city come from outside of the states...

oliviamartin78 thumbnail

This movie seems good to entertain, tho it is not so meaningful. I mean, she gets everything she wants so easily, isn't it? Life isn't that simple. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Just finished bingeing it. Had never meant to watch cause I didn’t think I’d enjoy it, but surprisingly it was fun in parts. I found the character of Emily too unbelievable (and a tad annoying) to be true. I mean how it is possible to stay that happy and chirpy and positive when everyone around you is such a b*tch? 
And she has all the gorgeous guys lusting after her! Her social media is a hit! She gets all the greatest marketing ideas! She never messes up and even when she does she’s able to fix everything like magic. I mean wow! Who wouldn’t want a life like hers? There’s also too much scoffing on cultures and stereotyping! Emily’s boss hates her just because she’s American? And so much about the French and their obsession with s*x! I thought we’re past this kind of stuff on TV now and are more sensitive to people all around!

That said, I really enjoyed Mindy and Gabriel. I wish they were more fleshed out though. There was so much stereotyping of Mindy’s Chinese background as well. I hope Mindy becomes really successful as a singer. And I want Gabriel’s restaurant to be wildly popular. Though I suspect something underhanded in Antoine helping him. 
Overall, it’s an okay watch - nothing too cerebral though one or two jokes were very clever especially the one about Champere! Everything is frivolous and pretty, nothing too deep, and I love the setting- the European look and feel! And the accents are lovely! (Plus the guy who plays Gabriel is sooo charming!)

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
lunakelly89 thumbnail

I agree. It's a good series for teenagers, and fun entertainment for adult.