For the Girl they Loved - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Natashapaul

Thank you soo much!

Truly, the Rey-Prani-Chit equation has been a constantly developing one, with the same root but ever changing consequences! 

@Bold, true! 

Would love to hear more from you about this! 

Nats (hopefully, I can call you that) - am super delighted that you've asked me to elaborate as to why I believe that Archit is a surrogate marker for PraYansh's evolving dynamic....

I am skipping the obvious....the jealous Rey, etc....I mean, that's a given...

It's the attention to detail....some beautiful subtleties....some deep PraYansh moments.....of this Rey-Prani-Chit dynamic.....that will stay with me forever....

Just LOVE, LOVE, the hospital sequence, when Rey and Prani are in Jugnu's room, and Rey (in his trademark no-nonsense style).....tells her...."Tu usse Pyar karti hai.....aur mujhe, Ainwayi villian bana diya!"

Cut to

The early morning sequence in the garden, immediately after, Archit and Navya leave.....Pranati, being the sensitive Prani that she is....wants to clear the air with Archit....the only thing that Rey has to tell her, as he stops her...."Mat kar, tu uske liye sahi nahin hai!"

Cut to

That serene moment....during Rey's soliloquy....as he nurses Prani, back to health...."Tu galat nahin hai....par main tujhe.....ye shayad kabhi nahin bol pata".....

Cut to

The sequence when Prani and Archit are returning, after celebrating her birthday, and his car breaks down.....she is obviously desperate to get back home for Jugnu.....but there's that one 'blink and you miss it' moment, which says it all....as Archit offers her, his phone, so that she can inform Reyansh that she'll be late.....she refuses to take the phone.....and the reason...."Rey ko bura lagega".....the dynamic has changed.....from her side too!

What fantastic screenplay!

What superlative dialogues!

Kunal and Aneri's acting chops.....their understated chemistry.....truly, a breath of fresh air!!!

Edited by DocD - 3 years ago