Bobby Deol : Films Were Taken Away From Me

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 4 months ago

I though it was only for Outsiders 

Posted: 4 months ago

Films milni he nahi chahiye thee tumhe pehle toh...

Ab superstars ke kids will also play victim...Count your blessings and STFUsmiley29

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by blue-ice.1


Films milni he nahi chahiye thee tumhe pehle toh...

Ab superstars ke kids will also play victim...Count your blessings and STFUsmiley29


Why?


He was good looking, stylish, was decent at his craft, had a huge female fan following and gave massive hits in the 90s? Why wouldn't he get films?

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by Haila_tu



Why?


He was good looking, stylish, was decent at his craft, had a huge female fan following and gave massive hits in the 90s? Why wouldn't he get films?


https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/celebrity/bobby-deol/box-office/#bh-micro-tab-content

Posted: 4 months ago


https://boxofficeindia.com/actor.php?actorid=56


Badal

11 Feb 2000 15,38,00,000 Hit

6

Dillagi

19 Nov 1999 10,50,50,000 Flop

5

Soldier

20 Nov 1998 21,37,00,000 Super Hit

4

Kareeb

17 Jul 1998 6,82,00,000 Flop

3

...Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya

15 Aug 1997 7,25,50,000 Flop

2

Gupt

04 Jul 1997 18,23,00,000 Hit

1

Barsaat

06 Oct 1995 19,18,50,000 Super Hit

Posted: 4 months ago

Bobby was not a street smart guy at all compared to all other heroes of 90s 


Neither he had affairs to stay in news like akshay or controversy like salman 


Nor he played along with big production houses like SRK did with yash raj and kjo 


Nor he was a great PR and strategy like amir to steal amol guptes director venture taare zameen par as his own(ashuthosh was lucky amir did not claim he directed lagaan, if he knew its going to oscar he would have done that only said i wrote and directed lagaan and kicked ashuthosh off project)


Nor he wanted to do two hero projects like saif, akshay to stay afloat 


Nor like his elder brother he had dabbang image that all would be scared to play games with him 


Yes people shall take films away from you if you do not do chaplusi of big production houses and massage egoes of producers and directors


He and akshaye khanna were too innocent for ruthless bollywood 


He must thank his stars atleast he got movies that he made like gupt, soldier, kareeb 


Regarding his acting he was ok initially but improved with each movie 


but he was way better than akshay, saif, salman in acting terms 


Its work place bobby deol very competitive you have to learn to be street smart in this cut throat competition. How to stay in lime light apart from working hard and good is required. 


Abhishek Bachachan too is another not so street smart guy among film kids actually.....decency is their bane and not being street smart like rest of their peers was their doom 


Acting? Who ever becomes super star on basis of acting>? Salman, akshay, saif did someone say LOL

Edited by myviewprem - 4 months ago
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by myviewprem


Bobby was not a street smart guy at all compared to all other heroes of 90s 


Neither he had affairs to stay in news like akshay or controversy like salman 


Nor he played along with big production houses like SRK did with yash raj and kjo 


Nor he was a great PR and strategy like amir to steal amol guptes director venture taare zameen par as his own(ashuthosh was lucky amir did not claim he directed lagaan, if he knew its going to oscar he would have done that only said i wrote and directed lagaan and kicked ashuthosh off project)


Nor he wanted to do two hero projects like saif, akshay to stay afloat 


Nor like his elder brother he had dabbang image that all would be scared to play games with him 


Yes people shall take films away from you if you do not do chaplusi of big production houses and massage egoes of producers and directors


He and akshaye khanna were too innocent for ruthless bollywood 


He must thank his stars atleast he got movies that he made like gupt, soldier, kareeb 


Regarding his acting he was ok initially but improved with each movie 


but he was way better than akshay, saif, salman in acting terms 


Its work place bobby deol very competitive you have to learn to be street smart in this cut throat competition. How to stay in lime light apart from working hard and good is required. 


Abhishek Bachachan too is another not so street smart guy among film kids actually.....decency is their bane and not being street smart like rest of their peers was their doom 


Acting? Who ever becomes super star on basis of acting>? Salman, akshay, saif did someone say LOL


Agree with you 100%!


As much as I abhor nepotism, none of Bobby’s peers were brilliant actors. So despite him being below average to average in his movies, we can’t really judge him on that front. 


Does India really lack people with real acting talent? Absolutely not, just those people never ever get a fair chance to display their talent and their name goes unrecognized, especially in that 90s era where the platforms to display your talent were so limited.


Street smart and manipulative outsiders such as Akshay Kumar and SRK made their way to the tops for all reasons except any talent on the acting front. On the other hand, decent and naive insiders such as Bobby, Akshay Khanna, Abhishek, etc faded away as they couldn’t pull off the chaplusi and showmanship that Bollywood demands.

Related Topics

doc-text Topics pencil Author stackexchange Replies eye Views clock Last Post Reply
Sunny Deol To Make a Netflix Project With Son Karan Deol?

pencil oyebollywood   stackexchange 13   eye 808

oyebollywood 13 808 5 months ago bips
Yash Raj Films announce 5 new films and unveil the GRAND YRF 50 plan

pencil Maroonporsche   stackexchange 0   eye 257

Maroonporsche 0 257 22 days ago Maroonporsche
What did bobby deol do?

pencil Bobbian   stackexchange 13   eye 1443

Bobbian 13 1443 19 days ago myviewprem
Sunny Deol The Reason Cinemas Can Be 100% Occupancy ?

pencil Maroonporsche   stackexchange 4   eye 425

Maroonporsche 4 425 25 days ago SRK_Deewani92
Did Sunny Deol had a bigger peak in stardom compared to Khans?

pencil Harley_Quinn   stackexchange 23   eye 1171

Harley_Quinn 23 1171 1 months ago Chopatgomake

Topic Info

25 Participants 45 Replies 3098Views

Topic started by Maroonporsche

Last replied by aaditi123

FORUM QUICK JUMP

up-open TOP