Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Prediction: Can Manushi do what Alia's contemporaries could not?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Let's face it, she is the only outsider with a lot of followers on social media and has already created a huge buzz before her release. This is the only outsider with hype attached to them, and she is also blessed with true beauty and brains combination. I have seen her interviews and she comes across as a smart yet relatable girl, very grounded, very sweet, and very real. Her offscreen personality is like Shraddha - she is too sweet, and soft-spoken.

I am not trying to hype her but this girl is quite a charmer. The only thing we need to see is whether she has acting skills, and if she does, she can def. become the next big thing.

Looks wise, she is indeed beautiful and quite a stunner. Do you predict she can give a solid takkar to Ananya, Jhanvi, and Sara? Or to Alia herself?

Manushi Chhillar Desktop Wallpaper 27236 - Baltana

Best 60+ Manushi Chillar Hot HD Pics & Wallpapers Collection – Aaj Ki Khabar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA_oLYTddlA&t=67s

The above interview shows what a grounded person she is. She has no starry airs and is like someone who is yet to come to terms with her own success. Yet she comes across as very intelligent and articulate.

Hope she doesn't waste her potential and get sucked into the landmine of flowerpot roles.

I have high expectations of her, she ticks off all the pre-requisites to be a success...except of course acting skills, which we shall wait and see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sHJORXcxtE

It's difficult to take eyes off her when she comes wearing the red saree....what an exquisite beauty

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

The only thing we need to see is whether she has acting skills

Pretty much the main thing.  😆

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Talis

If she has learnt classical dancing well enough, I think she should be able to act. As expressions are important in classical dance.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

True, but BW has always been more enamored by beauty and glamour than acting, especially in actresses. Look at Katrina and Shraddha, the popularity they enjoy.

Whilst you and I do give a damn about acting, I can safely say 70% of the population don't care for acting in heroines. They care about X-factor, screen presence, beauty, bubbliness and so many other things, but not acting so much. So even if Manushi is an average actress, her chances of success are very high.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

If she has learnt classical dancing well enough, I think she should be able to act. As expressions are important in classical dance.

True. Let's wait and see. I predict she will be a good actress.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

🤓 I mean... We need to see her act first, no? I don't see any charm, any spark in her at all yet. Could be a Tara Sutaria all over again. All hype and no show. Lets first see her acting, screen presence and all that jazz before putting her against Alia or anyone for that matter😆 

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

🤓 I mean... We need to see her act first, no? I don't see any charm, any spark in her at all yet. Could be a Tara Sutaria all over again. All hype and no show. Lets first see her acting, screen presence and all that jazz before putting her against Alia or anyone for that matter😆 

true, but as I said, acting skills don't determine popularity. Or else, the toxic Kangana would be No. 1 but she never achieved that. I do believe acting skills and stardom are mutually exclusive.

I guess why I'm excited about Manushi's debut is because she literally ticks off all the criteria to be a success. And I'm doubly excited because for the first time, an outsider is getting hyped(female) after a long time.

I find her extremely charming and having that elusive X factor, unlike Tara, who comes across as wannabe and trying too hard. Manushi is like the girl next door, with oodles of warmth and sweetness.

She is already a rage on social media.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

true, but as I said, acting skills don't determine popularity. Or else, the toxic Kangana would be No. 1 but she never achieved that. I do believe acting skills and stardom are mutually exclusive.

I guess why I'm excited about Manushi's debut is because she literally ticks off all the criteria to be a success. And I'm doubly excited because for the first time, an outsider is getting hyped(female) after a long time.

I find her extremely charming and having that elusive X factor, unlike Tara, who comes across as wannabe and trying too hard. Manushi is like the girl next door, with oodles of warmth and sweetness.

She is already a rage on social media.

I think people who have an educated background, fare better in many respects. Maybe they are used to hard work, are open minded? Don't know what but education does have an effect on personality. Actresses like PC, Ash and Sushmita always held their own. I don't see new actresses today that can be compared with them. Manushi seems to give a vibe and air that ^^ mentioned actresses had about them. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Honestly, Tara never seemed worth the hype to me. I have seen her singing Opera, doing ballet on youtube. She is pretty average in that respect. 

One has to be really good to be able to stand out in skills like dancing and singing. 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She’ll succeed only if she can act, she isn’t a nepo kid or a Katrina/Disha with a Salman/Tiger backing them 🤷🏽‍♀️

So far I find her really beautiful (obviously lol) but a little bit too sugary sweet in her personality to be my fave 🤷🏽‍♀️

And not always but USUALLY, heroines who seem super sugary sweet like that are horrible at worst and average at best when it comes to acting (see Katrina, Disha, Dia Mirza, Shraddha...)