How can Anupama be so oblivious??

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

This is just a rant guys about the so-called mahaan Anupama. 

Firstly, open your eyes beyond the kitchen and food to see what is happening outside in the world. Okay fine, you trust your husband 10000%, but what about other woman? My God, if any other woman looked at my husband the way Kavya looks at Vanraj, my antennae would shoot up completely and I'd be asking my husband some very direct questions!! And this is in spite of her receiving 2 warnings - indirect and direct. 

They have not been intimate since Paakhi was born. Another warning signal. Ladies, wouldn't you wonder what type of a marriage you have if your husband doesn't come near you for sex or affection for more than 13 odd years?? Wouldn't you have a chat with him, okay in old-fashioned marriages, wouldn't you approach him indirectly or ask for advice from other women or your Saas?? Instead she is just happy in her cooking. 

Whatever Vanraj says is absolutely right!! He can scold her for anything in the world, but his scolding will be correct only. Unbelievable yet again!! I don't know what to say even to this. 

Doing her own manmaani and buying the ring. If she had any sense, she would understand what Mrs Dave was doing to her and smartly avoid the trap. Instead she walks right into it, and the writers show that she is doing the right thing that too. My foot. How can a middle class family afford so much for one son?? What will they do when it's time for the next son and daughter to get married? No, no one thought that far as usual for the writers. 

No logic, no rational, no smartness of the lead. Just dumbness, idiocy is ruling the show now. 

When it started, I so hoped this would be a little better in terms of Anupana growing into a slightly independent woman at least - she was so smart in teaching the kids. If she had somehow fought for her rights and continued teaching and evolved, it would have been a way better, inspiring show. Now she is so oblivious that even if they share an open kiss, she will still find a way to explain it off. 

I give up!!

Yep! The thing is they are now trying to make Anu be a bit stronger, which makes the show more watchable, but the fact is the basic set up of the show and characterisation of Anupama is just senseless and wrong imo...

Anu’s so called “innocence” (which is her defining personality trait so far) is abnormal for any woman of her age (regardless of how uneducated they are- even if totally illiterate, a married woman of 40-50 years with grown up kids would never be THIS gullible and imperceptive 🤦🏽‍♀️)!

And this “innocence” is the reason behind why she never notices anything is wrong in her marriage, or that marrying the obviously evil Rakhi’s daughter isn’t actually good for Toshu, or that Kavya’s “friendship” with Vanraj is not quite right... 🙃

Plus even if there are the odd 1 or 2 out of 10 people who remain so dumb even after several years of marriage, raising children, etc then that is hardly something admirable, and certainly not something worth celebrating (as it is shown in this serial)...

And the other defining characteristic of Anupama here is the mahaanta... and like you said, this never ending mahaanta knows no logic or common sense... only “innocence” (stupidity)!

So why wonder what Anu will do for Samar and Pankhi’s weddings? She would probably go sell both her kidneys or something 🤷🏽‍♀️

I really want to know how and why  CVs would show a character like this and try to claim she is a representative of the average Indian mom/homemaker... 

A real life “average Indian mom” would LOSE HER SHIT and threaten her son that to cut all ties with him if he marries a girl who’s mother speaks to her the way Rakhi speaks to Anu... and she would be right!

Imagine that Rakhi said Anu’s mom looks like a KAAM WALI and Anu just smiled politely... like seriously wtf 🙃🙃!

And what’s up with Rakhi making so many demands on Shah family?? I have never in my life heard of a bride’s family putting pressure like this for expensive hall, food, jewellery... only some groom’s families act like this and still get tolerated...

Out of curiosity has anyone else on this forum actually heard of an Indian bride’s family demanding super expensive jewellery for their daughter like this?? And any SON’S mother selling all her own jewellery just to fulfil their wishes? 

Does anyone know of any “average Indian moms” who let their kids talk to them the way Anupama does? There are a few cases  in the West where children are highly disrespectful but Indian parents (especially traditional ones like Anu) expect so much respect from young unmarried sons... the idea of an Indian son acting like Toshu and getting away with it all makes me LOL!

Also no “average Indian housewife” would let her husband’s (young, soon to be divorced female) co worker randomly move in with them for undisclosed amount of time either! Kavya would have been allowed to stay the night after she ran away from her husband’s house (at the VERY MOST), and after that it would have been made clear to her in one way or another that she has to go.

I get that women in our society go through a lot but nobody anywhere would expect a woman of Anupama’s age, status and situation (mother of two grown up sons) to tolerate the kind of behaviour she tolerates or make the kind of “sacrifices” she makes... so far it’s really looking like her own stupidity is at least 40-50% to blame for her whole situation!

All knowledge of how our culture and society actually works is being thrown to the wayside by CVs in an effort to show educated, modern and intelligent women like Kavya and Rakhi as evil and “innocent”, sanskari Anupama as an ultimate mahaanta ki murti 😒🤦🏽‍♀️...

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago

as i said it before its the wife who can judge the situation at first site when she can see the changes in her husbands behaviour and i think no women can share her husband at any cost in this world , and the children when they see their mum getting insulted i think they grow up with a thought that no one disrespects her and she have no problem with it so it must be right . first of all she have to respect her self and do what her husband want to see her in his wife . 

Originally posted by kooki07

as i said it before its the wife who can judge the situation at first site when she can see the changes in her husbands behaviour and i think no women can share her husband at any cost in this world , and the children when they see their mum getting insulted i think they grow up with a thought that no one disrespects her and she have no problem with it so it must be right . first of all she have to respect her self and do what her husband want to see her in his wife . 

Exactly! No woman likes sharing her husband but some women tolerate cheating because they have nowhere else to go if they leave him and that's tragic... but these women aren't dumb like Anu! Not brave enough maybe but not stupid, as they know what is going on, and they have their own way of dealing with it.. but this Anupama literally doesn't even have the slightest doubt regarding Vanraj which is so absurd!

Most of the time, Vanraj's behaviour towards Anu can only be described as cold, distant and harsh, so it's not as if he made a great deal of effort to cover the fact that e has fallen out of love with her (that is, if he ever even was in love with her in the first place!)

So when her husband is almost always treating her badly and Kavya’s behaviour is so suspicious, why does Anu totally rule out the possibility of an affair??

Anu is one of the dumbest female leads ever honestly 🙃🙃

Plus I also agree totally about how Toshu’s character and his relationship with his mom are so unrealistic, which 25 years old sound minded guy gets so obsessed with a girl that he is ok with her mom disrespecting his entire family all the time??

And sorry but I agree with Ba that Anu is mostly to blame for Toshu going ahead with this stupid alliance, as the whole family were against it but she kept supporting him... 

Only explanation is that Toshu takes after his mom in stupidity! Neither can tell that their partners and in-laws don’t care about them 😂😂

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago