•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

For me, I LOVE the character of Piku. The movie is good, but the characterization of Piku makes it special. Here is a woman who is flawed, grumpy, even bitter and yet she is so raw and real. She strikes a chord immediately. I know I have come across characters like her in real life - real women who are fighting battles no-one knows about, having meltdowns, yet emerging stronger and unbreakable with time. Piku's story may seem too simple - it does not offer shocks or surprises, but the character is so endearing because most of us are like that, flawed, not perfect.

And Deepika does a brilliant job of portraying Piku I must say, so nuanced, so subtle, so effecive. The most layered performance of hers, barring let's say a Tamasha, in which she was amazing.

As Anupama Chopra says and I agree fully with her --"Piku is first a triumph of writing. There is no plot to speak of, but Juhi Chaturvedi – who has written the story, screenplay and dialogue – creates such strong characters that we don’t lose interest."

Edited by mintyblue - 3 years ago