Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

"Rhea Ko Phasao Drama": Sonam ,Zoya Akhtar, Others Write To Media

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Mumbai: 

Over 2,500 individuals and 60 organisations, including Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Zoya Akhtar, Gauri Shinde, Anurag Kashyap and Aditi Mittal, have signed in an open letter to the Indian news media against the media trial and "witch-hunt" of actor Rhea Chakraborty, who is in the centre of the investigations in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case and is now in jail in a drugs case. 

The frenzied coverage of the case against Ms Chakraborty, 28, and mobbing of the actor and her family by sections of the media have been widely criticised by Bollywood personalities and a large section of social media users.

The letter, addressed to the "news media of India", begins with a question: "We, are worried about you. Are you feeling ok?" 

"We know you can be different - because we have seen you be kind and respectful to the Salman Khans and Sanjay Dutts of this world, urging us to think of their families, fans and careers. But, when it comes to a young woman who has not even been proven to commit any crime, you have assassinated her character, egged an online mob on demonise her and her family, fuelled wrongful demands and called her arrest your victory," the open letter states.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sonam-kapoor-ahuja-zoya-akhtar-others-write-to-media-rhea-ko-phasao-drama-2295564?amp=1&akamai-rum=off&__twitter_impression=true

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Thank god there are some good people in the industry who will stand up for you. There's nothing these people can gain from associating with Rhea, a middle-class girl and a small-time actress, especially at a time like this where she is being made out to be this culprit.

Really kudos to all these people. It is heartening to know that there is some humanity left in us, still.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Mumbai: 

Over 2,500 individuals and 60 organisations, including Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Zoya Akhtar, Gauri Shinde, Anurag Kashyap and Aditi Mittal, 

They are fake 😆😆

This is your law and order 

Saralicious7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=FFRWqqnruE0&feature=emb_title

Reasoning - True though  🤣

"We know you can be different - because we have seen you be kind and respectful to the Salman Khans and Sanjay Dutts of this world, urging us to think of their families, fans and careers." the open letter states.

Edited by sarasingh7 - 3 years ago
zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ponymo

Thank god there are some good people in the industry who will stand up for you. There's nothing these people can gain from associating with Rhea, a middle-class girl and a small-time actress, especially at a time like this where she is being made out to be this culprit.

Really kudos to all these people. It is heartening to know that there is some humanity left in us, still.

@bold So how come she is able to afford a big lawyer whose payment is in lakhs for a hearing ? Can all the middle class families afford that lawyer ?

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Sonam is funny. 

Rhea was her brother’s “gf”. I guess she’s trying to not get his name dragged into this . 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Rhea has phasaoed herself

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Sonam is funny. 

Rhea was her brother’s “gf”. I guess she’s trying to not get his name dragged into this . 

😲

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

D You have supported Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt. 
Now please support Rhea Chakroborty. 

Was this done in support of Rhea's innocence or just 'Rhea' the drug peddler? 😆 I mean who if not my enemy would do this anyways 😆 Education and IQ chupaaye nahi chipti. 😳

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Rhea, however, remains unaffected by gossip. "I got to know Harsh through common pals. We got along and he's a good friend now. He's a lovely guy. In fact, it is his vast knowledge about different kinds of cinema that I admire him for."

Interestingly, rumoured to be Harshvardhan Kapoor's new 'special friend', Sara Ali Khan is also friends with Rhea Chakraborty. "Sara and I go to the same gym in Bandra. We have common interests; fitness and food top the list," she says.