Taapsee and Nikhil’s Twitter Conversation - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

He pointed out her hypocrisy aptly. Her reply to him was stupid. She tried to sound like an intellectual but fell flat on her face

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

The hypocrisy is two-fold.

1. They conveniently discarded people they imagined as worthless only to score points with the wokeratti. See: Nana Patekar, et al

2. They conveniently forgot to be woke in case of those who with some sort of power. See: Rajkumar Hirani, Nawazuddin SIddiqui, Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, et al.

I see this Rhea support through the lens of prior behavior of moving their backsides only when there's something to gain/lose. Ie, Bollywood has something to gain from supporting her. 

P.S. None of this is to mean Kangana is any better. 

A pox on all of them.

Umm I dont see how Nawaz is guilty of Me Too? He didnt harass someone- it has been a he said/she said account in a contentious divorce case. How is that the same as harassment?

With Hirani too, allegations were made and the matter investigated. Nothing came of the case- or the woman hasnt pursued it- except for making allegation anonymously. Should we just deem him guilty after trying him in our court of public opinion? 

Sanjay Dutt was CONVICTED of his crime- what more is left to be said?

On the broader point I agree with Nikhil that people should be given a chance to defend themselves in court. You should not shame the victim but everything HAS to be proved in a court of law- be it Rhea, Nana or anyone else.

In Tapsee's world, innocent until proven guilty is true only for women🤪his tweet and her reply to it only shows her level of understanding and mindset😆

Originally posted by Sashay01

Umm I dont see how Nawaz is guilty of Me Too? He didnt harass someone- it has been a he said/she said account in a contentious divorce case. How is that the same as harassment?

With Hirani too, allegations were made and the matter investigated. Nothing came of the case- or the woman hasnt pursued it- except for making allegation anonymously. Should we just deem him guilty after trying him in our court of public opinion? 

Sanjay Dutt was CONVICTED of his crime- what more is left to be said?

On the broader point I agree with Nikhil that people should be given a chance to defend themselves in court. You should not shame the victim but everything HAS to be proved in a court of law- be it Rhea, Nana or anyone else.

I agree 100% with Nikhil. Due process should be followed for everyone.

Point I was trying to make is on the hypocrisy of these supporters/non-supporters. If they can ostracize Nana, why not Nawaz or Salman or Hirani or Sanjay? Why not Sooraj Pancholi? The latter two either were convicted (punishment by court doesn't absolve BW of sin of happily associating still) or admitted to crimes (tearing out fetus???). BW won't do a thing because the latter group has power in some way.

Ie, BW's reaction depends on how it benefits BW.

Therefore, I can only see BW's current support of Rhea in that light. it benefits BW in some way to support her.