Tula Pahate Re - Abrupt Ending?

..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello Guys!

I am coming to India-Forums after ages (literally!)

However, the reason to show up in Marathi forum (I don't understand the language at all!) is TULA PAHATE RE.

Since Sept 2019, Kannada version of Tula Pahate Re (Called as JOTHE JOTHEYALI) has been airing in Zee Kannada channel.

I am absolutely hooked to the characters and beautifully fresh storyline. It's completely different from all the idiotic serials my mom watches or any of the hindi / english / korean serials I have ever watched in my life.

The lead actor is my favourite actor from my childhood days and the I finally sat down to binge watch it last week!

It was only two days ago I found out it's the remake of TULA PAHATE RE. Thats when I landed up in the wikipedia page of the Marathi serial and I am DEVASTATED!

So Aryavardhan (Vikrant) will be showcased as a bad boy?

Ever since the first episode (of kannada version) there is glimpses and bits of rebirth (through occultist / fortune teller, fakir and other old memory caps). I AM OKAY with all of that. But not the fact that the show I spent watching 230 episodes in 3 days of time to end with the male character's suicide. NOPE.

So basically, I have one question - Was the ending of TULA PAHATE RE planned ahead? I mean, any indication that's how it would be brought to end? Or was a it a drastic decision for various factors (like TRPs) ?

In Kannada (and its remake in couple of other south indian languages) it's performing really well. I  absolutely adore the show and I am okay, with all past, rebirth, bad boy turns good boy angle (I really hope he is not the forever bad boy here). But I won't be able to bare the fact that he would kill himself.

So far, he is ready to propose (show will complete one year on 10th) to her (confession of his love). There has been no indication that he maybe doing this to bring her into his house to take away all property (which seems like he owns it all though, I don't know for sure) on  his name by duping his mother (or his actual MIL).

I seriously (HOPE) wish they change the plot a little and bring out something nice instead of destroying a character and then making him kill himself!!

I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO WENT OUT MY FRUSTRATION! Why on earth did I find out it's a remake? (CRIES BUCKETS!).

Anyway, please somebody fill me with some hope here. I feel so sad. I know I am thinking of ending when the main story has just taken it's baby steps, but I don't feel like investing in something where my most favourite actor will have a character that will end in suicide. It won't do justice to the serial song either!

The kannada version of the song states that - they will always be together through how many lives they have to take (or janams). In fact the serial title (Jothe Jotheyali) means "TOGETHER FOREVER"

Somebody tell me they will give a better ending, a better justification. Make Jhende the bad boy, or make it look like an accident or anything else. But I don't want them separate!!!!! UGH!

*CONTINUES TO CRY BUCKETS*

Thank you for reading through my rant. HAD TO WENT THIS OUT. I only know this platform where I can voice my concerns and be heard by like minded fangirls / fanboys.

Would love to hear some positive vibes or some opinions about the Marathi version where I can find some level of comfort.

P.S The show had seen top of TRPs for long time (even last week it was in 1st TRP). Last month it had dropped, but it looks like show continues to perform way better than many other shows and has huge budget.

So far, from my mother's (or maybe mine too) experience, not lot of Kannada serials have sad / tragic ending. Almost all serials that they copied from other languages, they never separated leads (throughout the show yes, but at the end leads always united, no deaths either! Maybe one or two serials that had to end that way but it was for the best, viewers felt it was right too).

So, do I have a hope here?

How was TULA PAHATE RE in the start? Rebirth and Vikrant having dark side - any glimpses of that before he proposed Ishu? When did Vikrant hire Ishu to work in office? (In Kannada version, from second or third episode itself he gave her the job).

HELP~!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

10smriti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey,from whatever interviews we have seen in the initial days of TPR (before wedding days), subodh always talked about a twist in his character.

So, he knew that he was going to play the bad boy.

And honestly, we were fine with him playing the bad boy. But the way his character was portrayed, was not liked by many of us. It looked forced and didn't sync with his original portrayal.

We were equally disappointed! We feel you!😭

..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: 10smriti

Hey,from whatever interviews we have seen in the initial days of TPR (before wedding days), subodh always talked about a twist in his character.

So, he knew that he was going to play the bad boy.

And honestly, we were fine with him playing the bad boy. But the way his character was portrayed, was not liked by many of us. It looked forced and didn't sync with his original portrayal.

We were equally disappointed! We feel you!😭

Buckets is not enough, I need a TANK now!! From what we have been shown so far, its always projected like the hero (Arya Vardhan in Kannada), seemed to have had difficult youth, so he worked hard, made some mistakes before building his empire. Not even a hint he has dark side (presently). Seems like he was somewhat arrogant go getter in his youth. That's they protray, like he has a past, but he not like that anymore.

I am more interested in MIL angle. Can u tell me more about his mother ? How he was before? Did always look like he was trying to get her property? In current show, it seems like he is the owner.. I don't know smiley19 So damn frustratedsmiley19

Charu-Deu thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It is possible that end  will be similar but not a copy. 

The character of Vikrant may be devloped in a better way !!