Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Surekha Sikri hospitalised after suffering a brain stroke

Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Badhaai Ho actress Surekha Sikri suffers brain stroke; seeks financial help

This year seems to be a never-ending string of bad news. Reports are doing the rounds that the veteran actress Surekha Suirki has suffered a brain stroke and has been admitted to a hospital. The nurse who takes care of the actress said she suffered a brain stroke while she was drinking her juice.

The nurse told a leading daily, "I rushed her to the hospital and she is currently being treated. I couldn't get her admitted to any other hospital because of high fees. We do not have that kind of money."

The Mumbai Mirror report also states that she has appealed for help from the film fraternity in this time of need.

This is the second stroke, Surekha has suffered in two years. In 2018, she suffered a brain stroke that left her partially paralysed. While she took time to recover, Sikri couldn’t take up much work, which had an effect on her financial status. Earlier she had raised her voice when the government allowed only young actors to resume work amid the pandemic. She had even said in an interview what if politicians and bureaucrats over 65 are still working, why won't actors be allowed to do the same.

She was last seen in Ghost Stories and before that in Badhaai Ho post which she suffered a brain stroke and has been resting at home.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I was aghast at the title. You might want to put Badhai Ho in quotation marks.:)

OT: She is such a wonderful actress. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Edited by Aanandaa - 3 years ago
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

I was aghast at the title. You might want to put Badhai Ho in quotation marks.:)

OT: She is such a wonderful actress. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Had no idea. but updated. 

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

It's sad that she has to work even at this age to keep her life going.

How is it that a few actors have so much money and so many other actors have no money at all?

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Tinah

Badhaai Ho actress Surekha Sikri suffers brain stroke; seeks financial help

This year seems to be a never-ending string of bad news. Reports are doing the rounds that the veteran actress Surekha Suirki has suffered a brain stroke and has been admitted to a hospital. The nurse who takes care of the actress said she suffered a brain stroke while she was drinking her juice.

The nurse told a leading daily, "I rushed her to the hospital and she is currently being treated. I couldn't get her admitted to any other hospital because of high fees. We do not have that kind of money."

The Mumbai Mirror report also states that she has appealed for help from the film fraternity in this time of need.

This is the second stroke, Surekha has suffered in two years. In 2018, she suffered a brain stroke that left her partially paralysed. While she took time to recover, Sikri couldn’t take up much work, which had an effect on her financial status. Earlier she had raised her voice when the government allowed only young actors to resume work amid the pandemic. She had even said in an interview what if politicians and bureaucrats over 65 are still working, why won't actors be allowed to do the same.

She was last seen in Ghost Stories and before that in Badhaai Ho post which she suffered a brain stroke and has been resting at home.

Hope she recover soon dadisa

Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

It's sad that she has to work even at this age to keep her life going.

How is it that a few actors have so much money and so many other actors have no money at all?

People in this field who refuse to branch out will have only acting to depend upon. :(

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

This is very very sad ! She has a son where is he ? Should be helping with the hospital fees. Hope help is provided soon.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

People in this field who refuse to branch out will have only acting to depend upon. :(

She did branch out though; she did theatre, television and films. What more could she have done?

I guess supporting actors really have it bad. They don't get paid much. If they are lucky they get cast in many films and through that they make money. But what about actors who do just 2-3 films a year and have small roles in them? They are certainly not getting paid a lot.

Even someone like Rhea who is a lead actress was making peanuts (I make more money than her by just sitting on my computer and making some slides and reports). And then they have to afford that crazy lifestyle, and a house in Mumbai is also not a joke. Phew.

I guess this is why people have kids. After a certain age, your kids start earning and will look after you. But in Surekha Sikri's case, I guess that's not happening.

I am already looking at early retirement by 40-45. Will plan to make enough money by then to live the rest of my life peacefully. Can't depend on kids or whatever.. it's scary to be dependent on someone.

Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

She did branch out though; she did theatre, television and films. What more could she have done?

I guess supporting actors really have it bad. They don't get paid much. If they are lucky they get cast in many films and through that they make money. But what about actors who do just 2-3 films a year and have small roles in them? They are certainly not getting paid a lot.

Even someone like Rhea who is a lead actress was making peanuts (I make more money than her by just sitting on my computer and making some slides and reports). And then they have to afford that crazy lifestyle, and a house in Mumbai is also not a joke. Phew.

I guess this is why people have kids. After a certain age, your kids start earning and will look after you. But in Surekha Sikri's case, I guess that's not happening.

I am already looking at early retirement by 40-45. Will plan to make enough money by then to live the rest of my life peacefully. Can't depend on kids or whatever.. it's scary to be dependent on someone.

Branching out from acting. Have a day job if there aren’t enough assignments? I don’t know. I have seen too many wonderful supporting actors and also the main leads not ending up at a very good place for themselves after putting in a lifetime of exceptional work. :(

arshiipk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Wish her a speedy recovery