Qurbaan Hua

Interfaith Marriage

sasha14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hey all! So I recently started watching Qurbaan hua and I am in love with the lead pair’s chemistry. But I’m quite surprised that this forum is so inactive which is just so sad :( 

Okay so now coming to the main post, I am a Muslim and I know interfaith marriages in our religion are not allowed (except that Muslim men can marry Christian or Jewish women). However, I was wondering if interfaith marriage like that of neel and chahat is allowed in Hinduism? I mean neel comes from a family of Pandits so religious prohibitions etc. must be a big thing for them. I mean vyas ji is fond of chahat and chahat respects him so much, I just love their bond so I don’t want him hating her and never accepting her. So if Hinduism allows interfaith marriages then there is hope that vyas ji and her bond won’t affect that much. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Hey welcome. 

Yes it's sad not many people are active here. 

I'm really enjoying this show especially the chemistry between the leads. Also the storyline is nice and subtle not Ott drama despite having drama.

I'm a fellow Muslim. I still don't understand even if Neels family does accept her how will she marry him

Let's see what solution the creative solutions bring. 

But I really like the distinction she makes in both religions and their boundaries.

john909 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hinduism is really old and it has lot of religious texts too. Key ones are Gita and all 4 vedas. There are other too like puranas (18) , upanishads, manusmriti etc.. Gita and vedas do not talk about interfaith marriage at all. Islam and Christianity didn't exist back when vedas came into existence. Anyways, there is a lot of discussion on different caste, gotras in manusmriti and other secondary sources I mentioned earlier. Today's Hindus try not to marry into other faith because of all the challenges they have to face esp if its a girl. It is mostly due to society and culture not due to religion that they try to find someone within their own religion. If it is a girl and she is marrying a Muslim person, I have not seen many cases where she gets to follow her religion or has freedom to choose her kids' religion. So i guess that is also one of the reasons you don't see a significant number of interfaith marriages. Also only one wife is allowed in hinduism and that is not the case in Islam. I dont know about everyone but I am yet to meet any girl who is ok with the possibility of sharing her husband with another girl. My point is there are lot of things that both sides don't agree on and in india marriages are between families not just individuals so in this tv show you might see some dramatic twists and turns (which do not happen in real life) and chahat getting accepted but it is still not that easy to fit in in real life. So let's enjoy the show as we have a brillant karan jotwani here.

Azzaro00 thumbnail

Please tell me from where I can download the episodes? Or anyone have in Google drive.

incrediblycute thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sasha14

Hey all! So I recently started watching Qurbaan hua and I am in love with the lead pair’s chemistry. But I’m quite surprised that this forum is so inactive which is just so sad :( 

Okay so now coming to the main post, I am a Muslim and I know interfaith marriages in our religion are not allowed (except that Muslim men can marry Christian or Jewish women). However, I was wondering if interfaith marriage like that of neel and chahat is allowed in Hinduism? I mean neel comes from a family of Pandits so religious prohibitions etc. must be a big thing for them. I mean vyas ji is fond of chahat and chahat respects him so much, I just love their bond so I don’t want him hating her and never accepting her. So if Hinduism allows interfaith marriages then there is hope that vyas ji and her bond won’t affect that much. 

A Hindu this side. Yes interfaith marriage is allowed in Hinduism. It gets as much respect as as any other marriage, there is no authentic scriptures supporting or promoting against it. Ofcourse, people don't prefer it because they don't want their kid to suffer or sacrifice or adjust so much, but, if someone does it, it isn't considered a sin by the philosophy of Hinduism. The Vyas family is a Shiv bhakt, and Shiv is considered Mahadev, i.e. The God of the Gods because he treats everyone alike regardless of  their birth, their caste, their faith  colour gender etc. So, I guess after some initial friction the family will agree at the end because of the teachings of Shiv. The main issue will be from Chahat family side😔😔 considering she has a devil step mom and step bro and interfaith us Haram in Islam.☹️☹️ Additionally I have a doubt, Chahat was shown dancing in the engagement ceremony but I heard from my Muslim friends that music and dance aren't allowed in Islam. Is that so??

Edited by incrediblycute - 3 years ago
sasha14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: incrediblycute

A Hindu this side. Yes interfaith marriage is allowed in Hinduism. It gets as much respect as as any other marriage, there is no authentic scriptures supporting or promoting against it. Ofcourse, people don't prefer it because they don't want their kid to suffer or sacrifice or adjust so much, but, if someone does it, it isn't considered a sin by the philosophy of Hinduism. The Vyas family is a Shiv bhakt, and Shiv is considered Mahadev, i.e. The God of the Gods because he treats everyone alike regardless of  their birth, their caste, their faith  colour gender etc. So, I guess after some initial friction the family will agree at the end because of the teachings of Shiv. The main issue will be from Chahat family side😔😔 considering she has a devil step mom and step bro and interfaith us Haram in Islam.☹️☹️ Additionally I have a doubt, Chahat was shown dancing in the engagement ceremony but I heard from my Muslim friends that music and dance aren't allowed in Islam. Is that so??

Ohh I see. Thanks for explaining this to me. Yeah in islam interfaith marriage like this is not allowed so I don’t know how they are going to treat this aspect. Many times iv seen men converting so that they can at least do a nikkah but don’t know what route they take here. As far as dancing and music not being allowed in Islam is concerned, that’s not true at least as far as my belief is concerned. There are some sects who believe it is not allowed while others believe if both the things are practiced in moderation then there is no harm. Actually islam teaches moderation in everything so that one doesn’t get completely get absorbed in the worldly pleasures, after all we are all here for a purpose and that is to worship God. 

incrediblycute thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sasha14

Ohh I see. Thanks for explaining this to me. Yeah in islam interfaith marriage like this is not allowed so I don’t know how they are going to treat this aspect. Many times iv seen men converting so that they can at least do a nikkah but don’t know what route they take here. As far as dancing and music not being allowed in Islam is concerned, that’s not true at least as far as my belief is concerned. There are some sects who believe it is not allowed while others believe if both the things are practiced in moderation then there is no harm. Actually islam teaches moderation in everything so that one doesn’t get completely get absorbed in the worldly pleasures, after all we are all here for a purpose and that is to worship God. 

Moderation is actually very important. Makes me think how different religions actually conveys same thing in different ways, but the followers keeps on fighting without realising the actual essence of it☹️☹️. Thank you for clearing my doubt.😊. Regarding the conversion thing, I personally don't like it, I would be glad if they come up with some other solution, hopefully.

Edited by incrediblycute - 3 years ago