Shaadi Mubarak

Manav Gohil / KT

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

I don’t know why but I feel he is behaving and portraying himself to be a lot younger in the show than he is 

I mean fretting over a pimple like a teen boy?

That all pink suit /joggers he was wearing 

I wanted him to look more debonair with jeans and sport coats ...cool casual mature dude vibe 

Don’t need a middle aged man acting like a teen while the FL is shown beyond her years in clothing/style 

Maybe it’s just me. I do like MG ...just don’t need a teen version 

Also can someone smack the son and his wife ? Can’t stand those two 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Interesting that no one sees this 

The females are mothers and made to look like old maids 

KT running around, dressing and acting like a 20’yr old ...hanging with his mom like a kid 

is it that KT never grew up or is this just ITV where older women are made to look traditional and older men can walk around like kids ?

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I think it's deliberate. He's stuck in the past. As the lady pointed out cruelly but correctly, he is a yesteryear icon, and he's living as though he is still in that decade. 

As for pimples, well there are many guys who are vain. I think this show is also trying to flip things a bit. For a change the FL is widowed, not the ML. She's the one with the kids, not him (at least based on what we've seen so far). He's the one who has a bitter past because of his wife, etc. It's a refreshing change to see him caring about his looks and her being unaware of how gorgeous she is. 

I must say one thing, both actors are aging very well!

EDIT: so they revealed today that he does have kids! 

Edited by inlieu - 3 years ago
chinnu_kaku thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

KT running around, dressing and acting like a 20’yr old ...hanging with his mom like a kid 

is it that KT never grew up or is this just ITV where older women are made to look traditional and older men can walk around like kids ?

😆

in reality she is beautiful.

They r both beautiful irl but made to look like washed up old maids in the show 

Atript_aatma thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

I find it little OTT on KT's part. Want him to be little more mature, depending on the fact that they mentioned his last film was 20 years back he must me nearing 50.

coolniki thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I think it's deliberate. He is stuck in the past and his family had crippled him by not helping him move on. He behaves like an actor who needs to look good and dress younger. He needs to get out this loop.

nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

i agree with @coolniki👍🏼

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

KT:

He has been shown to be relatively immature or as unable to accept what happened to him 20 years ago. He is stuck in that time loop, if you notice its not just his obsession with looks:

1. Nonexistent stardom: He thinks everyone is his fan though he hasnt done a single movie in the last 20 years.

2. Careless about money: He lends money to people and doesnt even bother to keep track of it.

I think he just shut off because he did not want to deal with the pain of betrayal. There is clearly more to his wife leaving him, they plan to turn it into a huge mystery to be milked for TRPs later, I only hope they can live upto the hype they are creating themselves around this.

Family:

The way his family treats him does not help the cause at all. You would think he is 18, the way they baby him. I do feel there could be a rift in the family which they will show later. I still understand his parents being okay with his immature ways but no TV serial chacha-chachi are that nice that they will let this guy blow away their hard earned money. I wonder where their kids are, once they make an appearance the family dynamics will change, as with every TV show, ppl who look overtly sweet always have another angle.

Preeti:

She has been mistreated all her life, first by her husband and then by her son. She always puts herself before others and is also a widow (is she? It has been hinted that she is). I am glad she is not dressed in white at least. M guessing she is not interested in looking good coz she has always been made to feel that she does not deserve any love, affection or even a second glance for that matter.

Also, they need to show a contrast in her state of mind once they slowly transform her into an independent, confident woman (hopefully they will do this). Her body language right now is also as if she is trying to shrink into herself, so that she can disappear.

I hope they will show a change when she feels that she needs to look presentable for her own sake or that she is getting some attention from someone.

These are the changes I am hoping to see.

Also, traditionally with Indian TV shows they always project the lead actress as pretty, even when she is getting ready to go to sleep. So I can only hope Preeti's shabby looks are deliberate. A different hairstyle, an esp a less bechari expression will do wonders to her look.  This 'look' aspect will also come up later, Chanda might turn up to insult her when she sees KT choose Preeti over her.

Together the lead will evolve (I hope):

She will bring him back to the present and knock some sense of responsibility into him and he might teach her to loosen up and not carry a log on her shoulder all the time. Everything is NOT her fault, and she better believe it. I am hoping Kusum teaches her to live a little.

Yikes that was a long essay, I didn't realize I wrote so much

Edited by togepe30 - 3 years ago
ProfMcGonagall thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: togepe30

KT:

He has been shown to be relatively immature or as unable to accept what happened to him 20 years ago. He is stuck in that time loop, if you notice its not just his obsession with looks:

1. Nonexistent stardom: He thinks everyone is his fan though he hasnt done a single movie in the last 20 years.

2. Careless about money: He lends money to people and doesnt even bother to keep track of it.

I think he just shut off because he did not want to deal with the pain of betrayal. There is clearly more to his wife leaving him, they plan to turn it into a huge mystery to be milked for TRPs later, I only hope they can live upto the hype they are creating themselves around this.

Family:

The way his family treats him does not help the cause at all. You would think he is 18, the way they baby him. I do feel there could be a rift in the family which they will show later. I still understand his parents being okay with his immature ways but no TV serial chacha-chachi are that nice that they will let this guy blow away their hard earned money. I wonder where their kids are, once they make an appearance the family dynamics will change, as with every TV show, ppl who look overtly sweet always have another angle.

Preeti:

She has been mistreated all her life, first by her husband and then by her son. She always puts herself before others and is also a widow (is she? It has been hinted that she is). I am glad she is not dressed in white at least. M guessing she is not interested in looking good coz she has always been made to feel that she does not deserve any love, affection or even a second glance for that matter.

Also, they need to show a contrast in her state of mind once they slowly transform her into an independent, confident woman (hopefully they will do this). Her body language right now is also as if she is trying to shrink into herself, so that she can disappear.

I hope they will show a change when she feels that she needs to look presentable for her own sake or that she is getting some attention from someone.

These are the changes I am hoping to see.

Also, traditionally with Indian TV shows they always project the lead actress as pretty, even when she is getting ready to go to sleep. So I can only hope Preeti's shabby looks are deliberate. A different hairstyle, an esp a less bechari expression will do wonders to her look.  This 'look' aspect will also come up later, Chanda might turn up to insult her when she sees KT choose Preeti over her.

Together the lead will evolve (I hope):

She will bring him back to the present and knock some sense of responsibility into him and he might teach her to loosen up and not carry a log on her shoulder all the time. Everything is NOT her fault, and she better believe it. I am hoping Kusum teaches her to live a little.

Yikes that was a long essay, I didn't realize I wrote so much

I fully agree here.

KT and Preeti are being shown as two very contrasting people. While KT is stuck in a non-existent past, Preeti has aged too quickly due to her family.

KT thinks he is still the same young man from 20 years ago and also acts as such. Once in a while he is reminded of his present and jerked into his current life. But he doesn't want to be reminded of it because it hurts, so he stays in the past.

On the other hand, Preeti feels and thinks she is older than she really is because she was probably given a lot of responsibility since a child and then after marriage. Even now when she is free of all responsibility she can't move on because of the way her son treated her.

Both will learn and grow together. KT will mature and yet will always keep his fun streak, while Preeti will grow younger again and lose the burden and pains that hold her back.