Historicity of Mahabharata

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

People I found a good presentation by eminent historian and Archeologist B.B. Lal on the historicity of Mahabharata

Please check it

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/sfih108/mahabharata-historicity-prof-b-b-lal

He has also written a book on it for anyone who might be interested

Nora kash tu bhi dekh le ise

Highly informative link. Thanks for sharing.πŸ€—

Krishna is not only a Divine being, but he is also a historical figure, whose Dwaraka was still under the Sea near the Gujarat coast. Regarding Mahabharatha war and Pandavas Aranya Vas, many historical shreds of evidence are found in recent times. 

Originally posted by Viswasruti

Highly informative link. Thanks for sharing.πŸ€—

Krishna is not only a Divine being, but he is also a historical figure, whose Dwaraka was still under the Sea near the Gujarat coast. Regarding Mahabharatha war and Pandavas Aranya Vas, many historical shreds of evidence are found in recent times. 

Madhuri is this Pundrak Vasudev mentioned in our scriptures ?? Frankly I am hearing this name for the first time .

Thanks for sharing dear 😘

Originally posted by MahiraSingh3030

Thanks for sharing dear 😘

Hello Mahira .. nice to see you here ... please do check your PM inbox 

Originally posted by Sutapasima

Madhuri is this Pundrak Vasudev mentioned in our scriptures ?? Frankly I am hearing this name for the first time .

He was a cousin of Lord Krishna ,son of Shrutadevaa, who was the sister of Lord Krishna’s father.

Paundraka Vaasudeva is not mentioned in Mahabharata by Bhagavan Vyasa, perhaps, because he was too silly to be in the galore of valiant heroes and villains of the great epic. Bhagavan Vyasa has mentioned him in Bhagavata because more exclusively it deals with the life of Lord Krishna.

In Bhagavata Purana, Poundraka Vasudevas mention was there. According to it, he was the king of Pundra Kingdom. Some sources state he was an ally of Magadha King Jarasandha. He had enmity with Lord Krishna. He imitated Lord Krishna, believing himself to be the original Vasudeva, or God and Sri Krishna is only imitating him! 

He was such a foolish king who believed he was God, just because his friends told him so, during his childhood! He sent a message to Lord Krishna, asking him to pay taxes as he did to others, by wearing chakra and holding a flute, calling himself as Paundraka Vasudeva and he also told Krishna to stop using the symbol of Garuda and Morepankh  to stop calling himself God. Lord Krishna replied that he would kill Paundraka, and cut his head in the war. His son, however, tried to use black magic and created a demon to destroy Dvaraka. However, it backfired and he, his priests who helped him and his kingdom were all burnt by their own fire, as the demon returned, being unsuccessful, and stepped into his kingdom. Later Krishna killed him on the battlefield. You can check Bhagavata Purana, Canto 10, Chapter 66 for more information Suta. πŸ˜Š

Pin by Nikhil Raj on * Krishnaaaa ❀ | Lord krishna images, Krishna  wallpaper, Krishna

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Sutapasima

Hello Mahira .. nice to see you here ... please do check your PM inbox 

i was here...1 month back..πŸ˜†

Paundrik is mentioned in Mahabharata as one of the suitors to Draupadi at her Swayamwar who obviously lost but nothing else is said about him in Mahabharata

His details are mentioned in Bhagwatam as already stated above

Thank you all for appreciating my post

Thanks for sharing. I've always been inquisitive about some of our historical stories and you've given me a great repository to check out! πŸ˜³πŸ‘πŸΌ