Yeh Hai Chahatein

Arbutus : A RuSha Story

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

PROLOGUE

It was just like any other normal day in his life. Well,as normal as his life could possibly get. The day began with his father's usual cantankerous behavior with his mother being her usual panicky self engaging in a futile attempt to pacify him. His sister in law and and her sister were busy indulging themselves as usual with the usual dose of plotting.Yes he knew everything about their petty shenanigans but chose to act clueless anyway.

"It's always more convenient to let your enemy play checkers while you're playing chess."

That advice from his deceased older brother still rang in his ears. He wondered how his brother,the smartest man he ever knew,could die a fool's death.

"Love tends to have a strange effect on you.It makes you commit acts you wouldn't even dream of. It turns the sanest man into a maverick and ends up stripping scholars of their wisdom.Several great men have lost their lives due to it. And some ended up taking lives as well. You are yet to understand it,Rudr." There he was. That voice again.Rajiv Khurana was,all,but gone.

His n̶e̶p̶h̶e̶w̶ step son was being prepared by his mother for online classes. Yes. It was just another day in the life of Rudraksh Khurana,the rockstar.

He kept gazing at his son and his son's mother while the latter advised the former regarding the necessity and benefits of online classes. They were oblivious of his presence as he stood silently in the doorway.In his trance like state,he had almost forgotten the reason for his visit to their room. But did he actually need a reason though? He could visit his son any time he wished to. And his son's mother.......his wife,would not have any objections. Afterall she had wholeheartedly accepted him as the father of her child.

"Mama,look Rudr's here."

His son's stopped his chain of thoughts and brought her attention towards him as well.

"Why are you standing over there Rudraksh? Come on in.",she said. There. That voice of hers. The way she addressed him almost made him feel as if they were an ordinary,married couple.It was almost as if their marriage wasn't an arrangement which buried their ugly history.Almost.

"So champ. Looks like you're prepared to dominate your online classes and impress your teachers.",he said as he addressed his son first without making eye contact with her. He didn't know why he did it.

"Yes. I am absolutely prepared for them. Mama has been helping me a lot." Saraansh was absolutely in awe of his mother.Not that he ever had any complaints with her in the first place.

"Saraansh beta,it's time for you to have your breakfast. Dadi wants to eat with you." Dammit!!! Once again she was trying to avoid his gaze. Why is it so tough for her to look into his eyes as well?

After Saraansh left the room,she finally looked at him. It felt weird since it was one of those days when either of them weren't preoccupied with any mishap or problem. It was easier to interact when they used to argue childishly over small things or when they had to cooperate with each other as a team while investigating Saraansh's disappearance or when Saraansh himself was around them.Without all those factors,it felt as if there was a thin wall of ice lying in between them which would break the moment either of them took the first step.

"Why are you here Rudr?"

"That's not the question you should be asking."

"Please elaborate. What do you you want now?

"What are you hiding from me?"

Author's note : Hello everyone. At first,I planned to write this story as a one shot. However I ended up changing my mind and turned it into a short story. I'm writing a fanfic after what seems like an eternity so please forgive any grammatical errors or typos. All kinds of feedback are welcome.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail

CHAPTERS

Prologue - Page 1

Love_Rudra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Oohh!!! Interesting start😍😍 

Can't wait to read ❤️

Dinahjane thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Very gripping. Can’t wait for the next chapter. Update soon💯👍💞💙. 

Twilighter16 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Love!!!!!!!! Can’t wait for the next update ❤️❤️❤️❤️

ishagur thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This is so interesting! Can't wait for the next update! 

Love_Rudra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Hey please move this into Fanfictions section too!!!❤️

Carpet02 thumbnail

Interesting 😍

Eager to read more!! Update soon!!🙂

Rozy77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wonderful part👏