Silent Epidemic of Depression & Suicide Sweeps Entertainment Industry - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Lalakhun1

Do they listen to the cry of oppression in a war torn country, yes but dont care?  I have my life to live and have fun. With that attitude, they come with dont shun depressed people. 

Do you listen to the cry of a father fighting for justice? Yes, but I dont give a damn. They are witch hunting. 

Honestly im not interested about mental health talks, my personal view, I rather spend my time watching how beggar strive to survive each day with smile on their face, maybe you should too, then you will feel a bit grateful for your life & will get strength fight your demons instead getting into self pity. 

See the war torn countries, see the kids they have lost everything and yet they are not screaming depression and suicide. I rather watched them, the real warriors rather than say someone like deepika. No offence. 

You don't need to go through war to have the right on having depression. Someone else having it worse doesn't mean your pain doesn't exist. Someone drowning in a swimming pool is just as dead as someone drowning in a huge ocean.

Do they listen to the cry of oppression in a war torn country, yes but dont care?  I have my life to live and have fun. With that attitude, they come with dont shun depressed people. 

Do you listen to the cry of a father fighting for justice? Yes, but I dont give a damn. They are witch hunting. 

Honestly im not interested about mental health talks, my personal view, I rather spend my time watching how beggar strive to survive each day with smile on their face, maybe you should too, then you will feel a bit grateful for your life & will get strength fight your demons instead getting into self pity. 

See the war torn countries, see the kids they have lost everything and yet they are not screaming depression and suicide. I rather watched them, the real warriors rather than say someone like deepika. No offence. 

😳

The kids who lose everything in wars suffer from PTSD, another form of mental health disorder... a major reason why a lot of these kids grow up with hatred in their heart with little care about human life.. they are not always real warriors but adults with the memories of their horrific childhood scarring them forever.. they don't need you to watch them.. they need counseling

A beggar with a smile on his face is no different than a depressed person with a smile on his face.. because both use their smile to hide their inner pain and struggles

You assume depressed people are not grateful for their life? You assume that they willingly chose self pity.. the sheer amount of ignorance dripping from this post leaves me appalled

This one goes right on top with Salman saying he didn't have the luxury to get depressed or that he felt like a raped woman after training for Sultan.. undermining struggles and pains pf individual

Do not underestimate pain a depressed person suffers. I really hope no one near you ever harms themselves because of this illness.

Many people in war torn countries suffer from crippling anxiety and post tramatic stress disorders. The constant threat to survival makes it difficult for many people to continue with their life. Many become addicts or depressed. In both cases a person might commit suicide.

Suicide rates are very high in a war torn zone. It is mostly never reported due to lack of infrastructure.

"Honestly im not interested about mental health talks, my personal view, I rather spend my time watching how beggar strive to survive each day with smile on their face, maybe you should too, then you will feel a bit grateful for your life & will get strength fight your demons instead getting into self pity. " I have heard these above lines by the biggest liars and cliched answers writers from quora. Those people sound so struck up and arrogant. No wonder they beg for attention and likes on quora.

Originally posted by Tippy-top

Wealth  is not equally distributed in India.  That's a  very big problem in our economy. Wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few Indians.  That's why rich is very rich and poor  more poorer.

Though tough, Government should start to take baby steps  regarding  minimum wage payment for Indian citizens. The saddest thing is even kids have to do labor work.  Because of  unequal distribution of wealth, corruption and India's huge population, millions of citizens are suffering.

If one crore people donate 1 rupee to Narender Modi's fund, it will collect 1 crore in a day and that money  can be used exclusively for people living below poverty line and other social causes. 

People having financial issues need to raise voices loud, so govt  and the general public can help them to face  crisis.

I though child labor was illegal nowadays in India

And didn’t they pass some law last yr regarding minimum wages

Bold - But this thread is about depression and suicide among actors
You think min wage and taking from wealthy and giving it to the poor will prevent this?

Double post.

Edited by Tippy-top - 3 years ago

Originally posted by BettyA1

I though child labor was illegal nowadays in India

And didn’t they pass some law last yr regarding minimum wages

Bold - But this thread is about depression and suicide among actors
You think min wage and taking from wealthy and giving it to the poor will prevent this?

Some suicides among actors are told to be because of financial issues.

Economy needs to be financially healthy. If government is financially sound, it can provide good financial support to its  financially weak citizens or when an uncertain crisis happen. Example in US and European countries, govt is providing benefits to those in financial crisis because of Covid 19.

Reasons for suicide and depression vary from situation to situation. 

Depression and suicide can happen  among people living in a million dollar mansion or someone living in a hut. 

Its not taking away from wealthy and giving to poor, it's more about the government  that needs to be financially sound. But you know corruption, huge population and unequal distribution of wealth contributing to weaker economy. 

Financial issue is one of the big reasons that can lead to depression and suicide. Biggest example is suicide by Indian farmers, now hearing among some actors too.