Kundali Bhagya

How and when will Preeta enter Luthra House? - Page 5

Deviant_Pixel thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: TheM5393

Tulsi, Parvati original Prerna had a different level. A lot of really aweful things happened to them, but at the very least they had those long over the top dialogues about themselves. The makers haven't even give Preeta that much yet. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Exactly! This chick is regressing as time goes on, now all her FLโ€™s need to know is to show nakhre during first 50 episodes and then gape at the hero or villain or family with tears with her mouth slightly open while epic bezzati happens. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheM5393 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Deviant_Pixel

Exactly! This chick is regressing as time goes on, now all her FLโ€™s need to know is to show nakhre during first 50 episodes and then gape at the hero or villain or family with tears with her mouth slightly open while epic bezzati happens. 

You are so on point. Do you know why this has happened? It is because the audience has become desensitized to it. Years and I mean year of the same content,  the female lead being humiliated, insulted, assaulted and cheated on by the male lead. There are actual people online and I assume in their respective homes as well who are still defending, justifying and dare I say hero worshipping the male lead. In this case the character being Karan Luthra. I understand the sympathy or even the empathy given by the audience to him. Considering that is part of the narrative the people of the show are trying to build up. I even understand the fact that some section of the audience are trying to rationalize his behaiviour by believing it to be some sort of premeditated plan. 

However, it hasn't just stopped their. The audience is so desensitized to violence against women by the so-called male lead that they are going as far as to blame the female lead. If and when there is a possibility that she might as well not be in love with the perpetrator of the humiliation she has been shown to have faced.

In my personal opinion it is because of the certain section of the audience who have not understood the gravity of the heniousness of the actions perpetrated by the perpetrators hence they keep making making the female lead in this case Preeta to face and suffer further atrocities.

I think the moment that certain section of the audience would genuinely stop victim blaming and also when the TRP's will actually drop ๐Ÿ˜†, the more historically appropriate Balaji Telefilms heroine will make her appearance and hopefully Preeta will leave the Luthras.   

_Runa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You are so on point. Do you know why this has happened? It is because the audience has become desensitized to it. Years and I mean year of the same content,  the female lead being humiliated, insulted, assaulted and cheated on by the male lead. There are actual people online and I assume in their respective homes as well who are still defending, justifying and dare I say hero worshipping the male lead. In this case the character being Karan Luthra. I understand the sympathy or even the empathy given by the audience to him. Considering that is part of the narrative the people of the show are trying to build up. I even understand the fact that some section of the audience are trying to rationalize his behaiviour by believing it to be some sort of premeditated plan. 

However, it hasn't just stopped their. The audience is so desensitized to violence against women by the so-called male lead that they are going as far as to blame the female lead. If and when there is a possibility that she might as well not be in love with the perpetrator of the humiliation she has been shown to have faced.

In my personal opinion it is because of the certain section of the audience who have not understood the gravity of the heniousness of the actions perpetrated by the perpetrators hence they keep making making the female lead in this case Preeta to face and suffer further atrocities.

I think the moment that certain section of the audience would genuinely stop victim blaming and also when the TRP's will actually drop ๐Ÿ˜†, the more historically appropriate Balaji Telefilms heroine will make her appearance and hopefully Preeta will leave the Luthras.   

You are right about desensitisation of the audience. It is all over the world. "Game of Thrones" was the biggest hit. The show of non-stop violence and cruelty. People enjoyed it.

The world is becoming more and more cruel and people are becoming more and more cynical.

I think there are two ways. Do not watch it at all. Or watch it on your own risk but do not take it so serious.

I never take it serious. I always imagine how they do shootings. Actors are having fun while shooting the scene. It helps to remember that it's all someone's imagination only. And I don't let my kid watch it with me. I am an adult. I have a critical thinking. I know what is bad and what is good. Kids are like a blank sheet. They should be always forbidden to watch inappropriate context.

I don't see a big harm of watching such context for mentally healthy people. They can differentiate real and reel. Kids and teenagers should be forbidden to watch it. They must grow up mentally healthy people first. Sensitive people should not watch it for their own good too.

The show will change when the world is better.

TheM5393 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: _Runa_

You are right about desensitisation of the audience. It is all over the world. "Game of Thrones" was the biggest hit. The show of non-stop violence and cruelty. People enjoyed it.

The world is becoming more and more cruel and people are becoming more and more cynical.

I think there are two ways. Do not watch it at all. Or watch it on your own risk but do not take it so serious.

I never take it serious. I always imagine how they do shootings. Actors are having fun while shooting the scene. It helps to remember that it's all someone's imagination only. And I don't let my kid watch it with me. I am an adult. I have a critical thinking. I know what is bad and what is good. Kids are like a blank sheet. They should be always forbidden to watch inappropriate context.

I don't see a big harm of watching such context for mentally healthy people. They can differentiate real and reel. Kids and teenagers should be forbidden to watch it. They must grow up mentally healthy people first. Sensitive people should not watch it for their own good too.

The show will change when the world is better.

But children and especially impressionable and vulnerable teenagers do watch it. And I am a thorough believer of freedom of speech and expression, but I am also a believer of the creators responsibility. As much as I can remember from my experience of watching Ekta Kapoor serials at the very least she has been aware of that. Of course TRP and Drama preceeds everything, but at the end of the day there have always been consequences for the perpetrator of the misdemeanor, no matter if he was the male lead protagonist or the husband of the lead protagonist or even the offspring of the protagonist. But because of the desensitization the stakes have simply gotten higher. In my view.    

_Runa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

But children and especially impressionable and vulnerable teenagers do watch it. And I am a thorough believer of freedom of speech and expression, but I am also a believer of the creators responsibility. As much as I can remember from my experience of watching Ekta Kapoor serials at the very least she has been aware of that. Of course TRP and Drama preceeds everything, but at the end of the day there have always been consequences for the perpetrator of the misdemeanor, no matter if he was the male lead protagonist or the husband of the lead protagonist or even the offspring of the protagonist. But because of the desensitization the stakes have simply gotten higher. In my view.    

Parents have the responsibility to keep their children safe. That is why my kid do not watch inappropriate context. It's harder to control them when they are teens though.

In the ideal world I believe in responsibility of the creators too. But now in real world money means more than responsibility. It's a bitter truth. I don't like it too.

The world has changed since the time of Seeta aur Geeta. The reasons are too complex and multifaceted to discuss it here.

But there's good news too. We have a choice. To watch or not to watch that is the question๐Ÿ™‚

anandhi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I agree with you. Although atleast in my opinion so far preeta has been the worst female lead. And I am not victim blaming. I am just saying she doesn't have a spine at all. In other shows, sure insults happen but the FLs replies back with a bang after a point and helps the family that has been insulting her in a way that her self respect isn't as compromised as preeta's.  Pragya is an example of a strong female lead. Initially,she was naive like preeta but in like 200-300 episodes she shows her enemies her true form and has become unstoppable. Preeta is brave in multiple cases,I agree. But not when it comes to taking a stand for herself. Initially she did do that in the first episode but then later it was like she chooses her heart over her brain all the time and now she barely uses her brains. I mean she could have recorded sherlyn and mahira's conversation when she was eavesdropping and like that she could have done a lot of things that doesn't put her in her current situation. I am not putting preeta down to defend Karan. Karan is terrible but I wish preeta grows a spine and replies back with a bang and with respect for herself and her family like other FLs do. And it has been about 700+episodes and she is ought to do that which is why it's pissing off. As a woman I feel insulted for her and her family and I am just left annoyed that she isn't take a stand. And this is heights of being regressive. Atleast in other shows if people are being super regressive than atleast FLs are strong enough to shut them up so you can give a point there. Here it's just every insult gets worse than the previous one. Which is why more than Karan's redemption or even the remote possibility of Rishta happening,I so want preeta to come as a totally different form and scare the luthras to the core. And throw it all back in their faces and screw them over and finally leave them all with dignity. When I meant luthras,I am excluding Sameer, krithika,Rishab and Mahesh.

Deviant_Pixel thumbnail

This is pretty much on point. Look there are always tropes, one can even say fetishes that the audience likes watching but not obviously experiencing  in romance whether it be novels or tv, the badboy/good girl, the douchebag, cruel hero/innocent heroine. That's fine one can argue its fantasy and okay you can show 1,2,3 incidents like this but now every encounter is like this and you're making it seem like its usual business. Atleast before in her shows, such events were mega and the heroine retaliated but this cowering heroine is a sad sad sight to behold. 

TheM5393 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Deviant_Pixel

This is pretty much on point. Look there are always tropes, one can even say fetishes that the audience likes watching but not obviously experiencing  in romance whether it be novels or tv, the badboy/good girl, the douchebag, cruel hero/innocent heroine. That's fine one can argue its fantasy and okay you can show 1,2,3 incidents like this but now every encounter is like this and you're making it seem like its usual business. Atleast before in her shows, such events were mega and the heroine retaliated but this cowering heroine is a sad sad sight to behold. 

Kundali Bhagya drags things to the point of it becoming stale. But I am kinda certain that there will be consequences of the actions, the humiliation,  the abuse and the insult. The fact that the consequence will be grand enough that the actions need to be dispicable enough.   

Edited by TheM5393 - 3 years ago