Frequent Posters

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by-deep.d19

Behen.... Update? 

Apun idhar wait kar raha hai...! đŸ˜†

On the way hai behen đŸ˜‰

Apun kal tak pakka update karega! Maa kasam! 

deep.d19 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-AK_2010

On the way hai behen đŸ˜‰

Apun kal tak pakka update karega! Maa kasam! 

I was kidding Akshu. 

Please take your own time. After all good things come to people who are patient😃

But I'm desperate to read the next part. Toh bohot zyada time bhi mat lena. đŸ˜†

EshaalYousufzai thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Uki. You say you are a new writer. And I don't believe you. 

I mean your writing is much detailed and well organized to be new. If you really are new then I must say, you are an amazing writer. I am awestruck. Sacchi mein. The story is going too well. Please continue soon.

AK_2010 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-EshaalYousufzai

Uki. You say you are a new writer. And I don't believe you. 

I mean your writing is much detailed and well organized to be new. If you really are new then I must say, you are an amazing writer. I am awestruck. Sacchi mein. The story is going too well. Please continue soon.

I don't know what to say after reading this amazing comment. I have read most of your stories (if not all) and to see you compliment my writing skills is like a fan-girl moment for me!! I love your stories and have obsessed over them for quite sometime when I was a kid and also a very silent reader.

I have some writing experience after posting some OSs and TSs on IshRa and ShivIka but this is my first SS. So thank you for such a lovely response. I feel blessed.

AK_2010 thumbnail

Hi lovelies! 

I'm back to post my fourth chapter. I hope you guys love this one as much as you loved the rest. Thank you for being patient â¤ď¸

Part 4: The Promise.

Six months pass in a blur.

Arjun and Sakshi continue to live normally spending the days at ETF and nights hunting down Sikander. Sakshi’s widespread network of informers, Rudra’s information through his undercover officers and Arjun’s impeccable intelligence proved to be a good mixture and they were able to identify corrupt police officers and Sikander’s lieutenants.

Sleepless nights they spent at stake outs and dangerous infiltrations paid off when the trio succeeded in locating Sikander. The b*****d was hiding in Dubai.

Now, all they had to do was coerce him back to Mumbai.

Rudra was very supportive in the investigation while shuttling between Delhi and Mumbai. Arjun was actually amazed by the amount of information Sakshi and Rudra had gathered during the course of their own investigation but he was also miffed to know that he was deliberately kept out of it.

He finally understood why it was done because he once acted impulsively to interrogate one of Sikander’s lieutenants under their surveillance. Arjun’s hot-headedness almost busted their vigilant activities which brought down the wrath of Sakshi’s anger coupled with the stress of exposure in front the department. They fought over it for days and it reflected in their work at ETF, making the team uneasy due to their tensions.

In a way, that mistake taught Arjun a very important lesson about his own reckless actions. It made him realize that his one thoughtless move can bring Sakshi and their undercover officers in Sikander’s network closer to their death. It will also hand Rudra his suspension order.

And since then, he played by the rules they had set. Arjun, for once, genuinely started to consider Rudra and Sakshi’s opinions with utter seriousness. Because for the first time since Roshni’s death, he realized that it wasn’t just him anymore. He cannot behave as if he had nothing to lose.

Also, with Arjun involved, their investigation had picked up speed because they continued to work even when Rudra flew back to Delhi to resume his duties. Sakshi and Arjun, both took chances to go in disguise and grab all sort of information they could get their hands on. Each watching the other’s back every minute they spent with a dastard.

------------------------------

And like their investigation, Arjun’s relationship with Sakshi progressed gradually.

Here, Sakshi realized that she didn’t have to push Arjun to express his feelings anymore. He started to come forward with his troubles all by himself. He started to vocalize with ease when he understood that Sakshi Anand was capable of intercepting dangers all by herself.

In a way, it reassured him that nobody could take her away from him and neither would she abandon him. Not that her self-defence skills calmed his over-protective instinct.

When Sakshi revealed about the plastic surgery she had to undergo in attempts to hide the scars from the attacks, Arjun showed strength by taking off his elbow cap and exposed his own scars from the night when he lost his love, his Roshni.

All of sudden, Arjun had a channel to let out.

He was able to share his anger, grief and suffering with someone who held him in their arms and listened to what he had to say. And this began to calm his anger.

He was changing.

Now, it wasn’t just Chief Sameer Rathod who complimented his juniors for working hard on a case, it was their second-in-command as well. Sometimes, Shree was taken by surprise when Arjun sir would let him take a break after an all-nighter or it would be Chotu who wasn’t scolded on cracking jokes on duty or it would be Ayesha or Liza for working efficiently around the clock. Sameer, however, was still on the receiving end of the monotonous sarcasm that only Arjun Rawte could have.

The entire team saw a new Arjun Rawte rise.

He maintained the same strictness with the entire team while working but he occasionally showed concern for each one of them. In way, he was changing but he was still the same.

And this would often leave Sam – Arjun’s estranged best friend, wondering what was bring on this change?

----------------------------------

2 weeks later

Sakshi handed Arjun his chai while he sat on the window seat in her flat. They wanted to spend some time alone after a gruelling day of action. Sakshi noticed the disturbance simmering inside Arjun’s mind, so, she quietly wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head on his shoulders.

Arjun draped his arm around her, “I hate to see you do these things.” He complained recalling the events of the day when Sakshi donned a skimpy dress and flirted with Sikander’s right hand man to draw him out of the shady bar.

“It’s nearly over now, Arjun. Soon, we will avenge our family.”

“I don’t like seeing you with other men,” he glared at her for trying to evade the topic, “Even in pretence.”

This made her giggle and hug him tighter to which he responded by curving his lips upwards.

Sakshi silently admired the smile which often made her weak in the knees. Sometimes she could not believe that he was here with her. In her house, sitting with her in his arms and smiling down at her as if she was the only thing that mattered.

She knew the smile was only reserved for her. Nobody else has seen his new found smile. Yet.

She peacefully watched him sip his chai and her mind took her back to the time when they had just started to know each other. The better they understood each other, the more she was drawn to him. Until one fine day, she finally realized that pain of loss wasn’t the only connection they shared.

They shared love.

Love for each other. Love of the purest form.

When Sakshi first decided that she will make this akdu man smile, she thought it was because she wanted him to stop escaping his emotions. From day one, she knew that the only reason he was so obsessed with work and cases was so that his mind could elude the horrors of the night he lost his Roshni. The night when he lost his light to the darkness.

But soon she realized that his feelings were actually overshadowed by the anger he felt for the unfair ending his love story with Roshni had met. But Arjun Rawte was so stubborn, he held onto that anger firmly and continued to weave his life around it. So, she gave him a means to express that anger. She did immensely stupid things to anger him into scolding her.

Unknowingly, they both were drawn to each other like a moth drawn to the flame. They did not even realize when anger became comfort and he started to open up without her asking questions.

But now, she wanted to him to smile because it was addictive.

His smile was her solace. Each time he smiles down at her, she felt belongingness. After spending years pretending to be a happy-to-go-lucky girl, she truly started to feel like one after she first saw him smile at her.

Arjun Rawte, the broken man, fixed her without even knowing that he had done so.

Her chain of thoughts was broken by the ringing of Arjun’s phone and he unwillingly parted from her to answer the call. The person on the other end receives short and crisp responses from the ACP and he ends the call with “Okay. Keep me informed.”

He turns to face her, “It’s done. The police have identified the bodies and they are going ahead with the story that those goons killed each other after an argument broke out.”

Earlier that evening, Rudra and Arjun had executed their plan by bring Bilal*, Sikander’s most trusted man in the same room with Sikander’s arch rival in the drug trade, both thugs unaware of the trap they were lured into. As per plan, Arjun and Rudra shot both the under-bosses and their accomplices dead and planted the weapons after Sakshi seduced Bilal into following her out of the bar he often visited. And now, the local police believed that they died after fighting each other over their ‘business’.

“Thik hai. Mai apne kuch contacts se baat karti hu. Kal ke newspaper mei yahi hoga ki un logo ne rivalry ke chalte ek dusre ko maar diya.” And she walked out of the room to make the calls.

Arjun sat there quietly watching out of the window. The busy streets and the people walking on the shore and honking of the vehicles kept him occupied for a while but soon his eyes wandered towards the walls of Sakshi’s house. There were few paintings hanging on the wall along with a single picture of entire ETF team clicked at an event they had attended last year.

All he thought about was, Home.

It was a simple 2 BHK but it has been his home for the past six months.

Sometimes, Sakshi and Arjun would spend the nights solving the cases at ETF with the team but when they weren’t, they spent their time at her apartment where the duo would work on their secret mission. Sometimes, it would be too late at night or they would be too exhausted for Arjun to drive back to his lodge, so, Sakshi would let him stay in the spare room here.

Few of his belongings were already placed in that room. On the nights he stayed over, both would divide the chores in the house to help her finish faster. And for once, he would have a decent sleep devoid of night-terrors even if it lasted for only a few hours before they would leave for ETF office in the morning. Maybe, it had something to do with the fact that Sakshi, his only source of tranquillity, was asleep next door. 

It has not been an easy transition at all. Sakshi Anand and Arjun Rawte are two very opposite individuals.

Strong. But different.

Which is why arguments were a common occurrence amidst them. They frequently disagreed on the plans they made, the food they wanted to have, the cases they solved and the way they handled trouble.

But at the end of the day, Arjun knew that they were closer than ever. He was able to see the real Sakshi under the mask of happy bubbly girl. He saw her fears and sorrows through the pretence she put up in front of the world. He knew why she always wanted to be surrounded by noise and colour, because silence and darkness haunted her memories from that devastating night when she lost everyone.

Arjun knew that she really tried her best to live in the moment, but just like him, Sakshi was scared to let someone get too close due to the possibility of being found by Sikander. He knew that if the plan goes south, Rudra would make Sakshi disappear again to keep her safe from harm and he would be left alone, once again. As time passed, Arjun realized that Sakshi wanted them to wait only because she wanted to make sure when they would be ready to move on together, Sikander would not threaten to ruin their dreams again. So, this gave him motivation to succeed. He knew that he will never be the same if she is taken away from him. 

More time he spends with her, deeper he falls for her.

They were not dating. Not yet.

Sometimes, on some instances, the couple ended up in awkward situations, accidentally coming in close proximity which snatched their senses momentarily. But every time, they held back. They were both determined to wait until this mess was out of the way. Because Sakshi and Arjun wanted to start afresh after closing the most horrific chapter of their lives, and the only way to do so was by punishing the man who brought these sorrows upon them.

The thing that often left him in awe of her was her ability to accept his reality. Despite spending so much time together, Sakshi never tried to change him, neither did she coerce him into conversations about Roshni. She respected their sanctity and waited for him to speak up if he wanted to. After all, Roshni is his talisman.

Sakshi accepted Arjun- the man who will forever love his Roshni despite everything.

He was pulled out of his stupor when Sakshi walked back with a satisfied look on her face, indicating that their plan was set into action. Soon, Sikander would meet his fate.

“Any day now, Arjun.”

“Any day.” Arjun confirmed.

“I want him to hurt, Arjun.” Tears brimming in her eyes.

Arjun walked closer to her and gently held her shoulders, “He will.” His grip tightening, “I promise you, Sakshi. He will hurt as bad as we did and he will beg like we had.”

And Sakshi knew better than to question Arjun Rawte’s promise.

----------------------------------

4 weeks later.

“Yeh sab ho kya raha hai iss sheher mei?” Aisha wondered aloud.

The ETF team was busy with paper work when Shree switched on the TV in the conference room drawing their attention to the screen. Multiple news channels were reporting the violence unleashed in streets of Mumbai due to gang wars between drug mafias. Some goons killing each other while the rest were shot down by the cops in order to subdue them. So far, over 25 men were dead. Thankfully, no civilian casualties were reported.

“Exactly, na police inhe sambhal paa rahi hai, na inke apne bosses.” Chotu commented.

“Accha hai, if they kill each other, they will reduce our workload. Sarkar ka hi paisa bachega.” Sameer Rathod replied in a blasé manner, making them all snicker.

The ignorant team members failed to notice the silent eye-to-eye conversation occurring between their second-in-command, Arjun Sir and crime reporter, Sakshi Anand. Both were unable to suppress the victorious grins on their faces.

Any day now.

-----------------------------------

“So… what are we celebrating?” Rudra took a seat opposite Arjun and Sakshi next to the Pav Bhaji cart located a little away from ETF office.

“Why do you think we are celebrating?” Sakshi asked with a wide smile on her face.

“Because, Sakshi dearest, you are clearly over-excited and Arjun seems to be too relaxed to be normal.” Rudra snorted making Arjun chuckle.

“Yeah, yeah. You are right, we are celebrating!” Sakshi turned to face the vendor, “Bhau! Teen plate special pav bhaji extra makhan dalke!”

“Woah! Extra makhan?! Wanna gain some weight?! Back to childhood, huh?” Rudra teased with a wink.

Sakshi smacked him on the shoulder and said, “Jao, main nahi bataungi ki hum kya celebrate kar rahe hai.”

“Uff! Come on, just spill it. I know you are dying to share the news.”

“So… Sister Madhu called this evening, she said Baba will wake up soon!! He has started responding to the new medicines!!” Sakshi squealed in joy making Arjun and Rudra smile at her child like antics.

The vendor placed their plates along with their regular tea and coffee glasses on the table and walked away.

“I am so happy to hear that, Sakshi.” Rudra replied emotionally, “Finally, your prayers are answered. I am sure Papa will soon talk to you and be back on his feet.” He placed his hands over hers, an action that did not go unnoticed by Arjun Rawte.

“Yeah.” Sakshi beamed, “You must be feeling sorry for yourself, right?” Sakshi turned to face Arjun, â€œArjun, when we were young, Rudra and Bhai would always get punished for troubling me. Papa and Rajendra Uncle, Rudra’s dad, always scolded them for goading me.”

“Arjun, most of the times we were punished for no fault of ours. Your Sakshi here, was always such a drama queen. Kuch hua nahi ki Baba ke samne rona shuru.”

“My Sakshi?” Arjun cocked his eyebrow in amusement watching Sakshi’s lips form an ‘O’ in contempt.

“What? You think I don’t notice things?” Rudra leaned back on the plastic chair haughtily, “Either you guys think I am a fool or you two are the ones fooling yourself. ACP Arjun Rawte, have you forgotten that I am an excellent investigator too? I can read between the lines.” He smirked knowingly, “Also, this girl, is my best friend and quite literally my first love, I know exactly when she is acting to fight with you to throw me off the scent. As I said, she is a total drama queen.” He winked.

Sakshi looked away but both men saw a blush creeping on her face making Arjun smile gently and nod his head in confirmation.

Despite his initial animosity towards ACP Rudra Singh Randhawa, Arjun trusted him because of his pure and absolute affection for Sakshi. He knew Rudra was special to her, the only link from her past that she was able to preserve. But he also knew that Rudra, in his own way, still loved Sakshi, wanted to protect her at any cost and this made him hinge on him. After all, Sakshi was now his friend, nothing more and nothing less.

“I know exactly what you are talking about, Rudra. Your friend here, is an absolute drama queen.” Arjun attempted to ease Sakshi’s awkwardness.

“Yeah? I am all ears…. Tell me!” Rudra leaned forward in interest and folded his arms on the table.

“So, this one time, Miss Anand was sent undercover and -” Arjun was interrupted rudely when the person in question slapped her hand over his mouth to silence him.

“Arjun, not this. Please!” Sakshi warned.

“Why the hell not? I want to know all about it.” Rudra insisted.

Sakshi narrowed her eyes at Arjun making him shrug off her hand and he continued to describe the antics for the famous crime reporter. The trio were completely ignorant to the world as they enjoyed their time reminiscing the good old memories over pav bhaji and a cup of hot beverage.

From a distance, an ETF SUV took an abrupt halt on the roadside after spotting Arjun’s SUV parked on the other end. Sameer Rathod and Ayesha Kapoor were returning home after sharing dinner in the ETF office canteen when they recognized Arjun and Sakshi sitting with another man with his back facing them, but Sameer could instantly tell that the three were having a great time together.

His memories took him back to the time when Arjun, Roshni and himself would share laughter in a similar set up by the Marine Drive, Roshni’s favourite place. Seems like history was repeating itself.

“This is actually the first time I am seeing Arjun Sir smile.” Ayesha said, her voice laced in wonder.

“In a way, so am I.” Sameer murmured, “Seems like it has been ages.”

“You could have been there, you know, that is if you want to be.” She encouraged.

Eyes still watching his former best friend choking on a morsel as he attempted to control his laughter, “It’s too late now. We have come so far away from what it used to be, Ayesha.” the other guy extended his hand offering a glass of water while making Sakshi and the strange guy burst into another fit of laughter.

“IT is far away. Not HIM. Situations change, sir. But relationships don’t. It’s never too late if you want to fix them.”

Sameer shook his head and started the ignition, “Someday, Ayesha. Someday…” He looked across the street one last time, trying to capture the image of the wide smile Arjun had on his face while Sakshi passed an apologetic look along with a tissue paper and dropped her head on Arjun's shoulder giggling uncontrollably.  

Do like and Comment!

devikadevthosh thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Awesome update 

I loved the way you narrate the story 

The way you explain arakshi relationship is awsome

Hope soon arjun sakshi and rudra will catch sikandar 

Want to see arjun sameer reunion

Waiting for the next update 

Continue soon 

riduu thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you for wonderful update đŸ˜ł

You have described arakshi's relationship so nicely😛

I  feel lack words to appreciate you đŸ‘

You have nailed it đŸ¤—

Looking forward for your next update 

EshaalYousufzai thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Mixture of genuine humor and action. I loved it. One req though. Please spare Rudra's life. And give him a face if possible. 

deep.d19 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!

I am shocked (pleasantly) 

When I asked for an update, this is not what I expected. This is out of the world. I loved this Arjun!! He is opening up to her and telling her about his feelings 🥳and he is hugging her

I really like how Sakshi is so empowered in this story. She is contributing in making this plan work. I am really happy to see Sakshi as a strong character who knows what she is doing, varna show mei toh uski story ho adhura hi chod diya and they never told us what happened in her past.

I cant wait to know how Sameer and Arjun make up. I hope u will write about them as well. After all, Arjun and Sam are ❤️

You did total justice to arakshi's feelings by describing them in detail. All in all it was amazing!!