How could I miss this!

At last you posted as promised

Teaser was superb!

Fights are must for arakshi!smiley36

excited for story

don't make us wait😉

Please update soon

Hey!

I am glad you liked the teaser because part one is coming right up. 

And ArAkshi will never stop fighting. They are too unalike to get along for too long. 😆

Part one will be up by the end of this week for sure. 

Butterfly09 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi dear

Nice start

Thank you for the new Arakshi story!! 

Waiting for next update

Continue soon😊

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hello forumwasis,

I am finally putting up part 1. Yes part one had to be broken down into two because I felt it was too lengthy. This story is basically made up of those defining moments in ArAkshi's relationship. Things we all wanted to see between them but we couldn't. 

Won't take much of your time with long messages, Happy Reading.

P.S. Critics and comments are welcome.

P.P.S. Please ignore typos. I will edit it when I have some time. 

Love,

Akshata

😊

Chapter 1

At this stage, their relationship was very confusing.

On one hand, he took her in like a protégé. He was training her to become better than she is. Not that she needed to be taught much, after all she is a successful crime reporter and when she had initially joined ETF, he did some reading about her work.

It was impressive.

She investigated events and brought them to light, helped the local police with her findings, wrote excellent stories about those incidents that nearly always made the it to the front page. She was barely in her late twenties and had won numerous awards. But he did not fail to notice how her work mostly focused on humanity and the evil. He could see that she understood pain, guilt, loss and grief. She was extremely compassionate.

Only thing he was trying to teach her was to keep her compassion at the bay as she probed into cold-blooded criminals. Most of them did not deserve it. Emotions will only make her biased during the investigations.

He might have been harsh on her, but he respected her work. And he was glad that she was working with the team. After all, her articles made them look like actual human beings and not a bunch of brutes in uniform with a legal permission to carry guns and fire bullets.

But on the other hand, he could feel this intense connection with her. Despite all that went down between them, he knew he could trust her. Sakshi Anand made him feel like he deserved to be heard. She made sure to let him know that she would be there for him if he needed her.

When was the last time someone came to check on him? When was the last time someone thought that Arjun needed his cutting chai while others sipped on their coffee? Who was the last person to worry about his health or reckless behaviour?

The only other person who ever did all this and more was gone now.

-------------------------

“Status report, Ayesha?” He asked in a nonchalant tone.

His colleague sighed and quietly handed over a bundle of files, he saw her hesitate for a moment before leaving his cabin.

As soon as she left, he leaned back on the chair and smiled inwardly. Little did the ammunition expert know, he had already wished her best friend right in the middle of the night, just as her birthday had begun.

**Flashback**

His fingers hovered over the screen as his mind and heart battled over sending a text. His heart was pushing him to do it, while his mind was holding him back. His hands were clammy and sweating and he could feel his heart beating a tad-bit faster when he suddenly realized that a minute had passed and it was already 12:01 AM.

It was now or never.

And so, he sent it.

Barely a few seconds later, his phone beeped, his hand shook with unfamiliar excitement and he realized she had replied with a ‘Thank You ❤️’.

Unknown to him, he had just made the birthday girl’s whole day with a mere text.

**Flashback ends**

He wasn't sure why he had wished her at mid-night, but something was making him restless. It made him want to do something special for her in efforts to thank her for all the things she constantly did for him. 

YeahI just want her to know that her concern is appreciated. 

--------------------------

Arjun turned to face Sakshi as he felt her eyes bore into his back.

She looked up at him with those innocent eyes full of questions. Torment and confusion etched on her face asking the questions she could not voice out. Every second ticking by could be her last, the thought alone shook him to the core and he still did not have a plan of action on his mind.

She knew it too.

But she was still trusting him. She sat quietly as the team worked around her and he could see she was trying her best to hold her composure and stay strong. She was terrified but she did not utter a word. The look of absolute terror on her face was devastating and heart-breaking. Right at this moment, he wanted to assure her that he would make this right, he was determined to not lose her to some bloodthirsty manic.

And at the same time, he wanted to find this son of a b***h and bury him six feet under. Rage consumed his mind and all he wanted was to spill blood. Blood of the swine who has held this woman hostage.

“I will be back, Sakshi.” He assured her.

Her voice betrayed her but he saw those eyes express her response.

She believed him.

“Arjun, I do believe you.”

The words she once said, ringing in his ears, reminding him that he cannot afford to lose the only person who believes in him. The only one who trusts him. And with that, he straightened his back, and broke into a run.

I will save you, Sakshi. By hook or by crook. 

He promised himself.

And Arjun Rawte wouldn’t fail this time.

--------------------------

She entered his cabin with a smile, a few files in one hand and a cutting chai in another.

Well, that was actually 15 minutes ago, now, she was sitting on the couch and debating about Paranjapee’s “supernatural” abilities. He wouldn’t call it a debate per se. It was more like Sakshi going off onto one of her famous ranting sessions, with him just dropping a few smart comments here and there. Despite putting on an irked countenance, he actually looked forward to these ‘conversations’.

Her presence often put his racing mind at rest. Her constant chatter along with excited hand movements that made her bangles jingle would kill the silence that usually surrounded him. He was immensely grateful that she took away some of the emptiness he felt. He would never admit it aloud but, Sakshi Anand has become a part of his life. She has made some of the loneliness fade away and made him believe that he was still alive.

“I just don’t understand, how can anybody talk to spirits?”

“Well, if you just took some time out and sit quietly for a few minutes, you might be able to think of something.” Arjun replied sarcastically.

“You know what, your attitude exhausts me! I’m going to get myself some caffeine, do you need more cutting chai?” With that, she got up and stood in front of the table where he was seated with his legs crossed over the surface.

The A.C.P responded by pushing the empty glass towards her side of the table. She shook her head and grabbed the glass before stomping out grumbling something about a certain cop drowning in an ocean of cutting chai. 

Had anyone seen him now, they would have caught A.C.P Arjun Rawte’s face twitching with something one would call a hint of a smile.

Unfortunately, nobody did.

-------------------------

She was on leave for a couple of days.

And when she returned, he knew she had been doing something dangerous while she was away.

What gave that away?

A scratch over her collar bone.

Or a slash, as he would call it.

Years of expertise in criminal investigation told him that she was being held against a sharp knife or a dagger while she received that injury. 

He did not ask her about it. He couldn’t.

Because he was afraid, she would notice something in his voice if he did. By now, he knew too well, she could see through him despite all the walls he built high. Also, he didn’t want her to know that the moment she stepped into the conference room he had bothered to scan her from head to toe.

His question was however answered when Ayesha noticed the same slash she had been attempting to hide under her scarf.

Kya batau, Ayesha? I have been working on something and was supposed to meet a source to gather some information. He identified me after my picture was on the news from the whole ‘tied-to-the-bomb’ fiasco and he panicked after he realized that I am now working with ETF.”

“What?!” Ayesha exclaimed.

“Are you okay?” Liza asked with worry etched on her face.

“Tell me, who was this guy?” Chotu demanded urgently.

“Why did you have to meet this man? And that too all alone?” Sameer walked towards her and began to vet her wound.

“This is the height of carelessness, Sakshi. He could have seriously injured you!”

The last one was of course, the hot-headed ACP who lost his cool along with his control. His worry and anger silenced everyone else, drawing their attention to him.

“Umm…” Sakshi stammered, “Sameer, that’s my job. And Arjun, I know how to tackle such situations. Calm down, guys, please.”

“Well, that gash says something else.”

“Yeah, but I handled it. I am capable of protecting myself.”

“Says the one who walks straight into line of fire, without paying heed to what’s going on in her surroundings.”

“Arjun, I am not a cop, which means I am not authorized to carry a gun. But that does not mean I am a damsel in distress. I am a black belt in karate, now, that might not be as good as what all of you guys do, but I can protect myself. I have been doing this for years, relax.”

“Where did that help when-“

“Sakshi, I think Rawte wants you to be more careful when you intend to investigate something of such calibre. Right, Rawte?” Rathore interrupted as he sensed this conversation getting out of hand.

Arjun could just nod curtly and walk out of the conference room.

Internally, he was chiding himself for losing control over his tongue. He knew what she did for a living, she has been doing this for years. But, all this worry and concern for her is new to him. It has been a while since he felt these things. And it was getting overwhelming for him to handle these emotions because he could not understand what was happening to him.

There was attraction, alright. 

It’s no use denying anymore. Everything about her was drawing him closer to her. It so much worse now, he could not even bring himself to scold her when she made mistakes. It forced him to notice how much she had changed since she first joined the team. She was serious about the work they did, yet, she managed to make everyone smile when they were furiously chasing cold leads.

But, he could not afford to lose focus. He was here with a motive, and nothing or nobody could distract him.

She is just your teammate, Arjun Rawte.

----------------------

The two were scouring the streets of Mumbai in the dead of the night, frantically searching for Arjun’s young friend, Raju.

It was futile now. But Arjun did not want to give up, not yet.

Which is why Sakshi did not discourage him even when the watch on her wrist ticked at 2:05 AM. She really wanted to help him find this kid.

By 3:30 AM, Arjun finally decided to stop. He could see that Sakshi was exhausted after a full day’s work. So, he parked the SUV next to her apartment complex and rested against the seat, feeling defeated.

His mind was still running thousand miles a minute when she placed her soft hand over his on the gear stick.

“I’m sorry, Arjun.”

“Yeah, so am I.” he breathed out.

He knew he had lost the boy. The rising sun would bear the news of his whereabouts.

“There are still chances that he is fine, Arjun.”

He shook his head negatively, “Its highly unlikely, Sakshi.” He returned the gesture by holding her hand and gently squeezing it as if hauling strength from her, “I can feel it. It’s done. There is no chance the killer would have kept him alive after so many hours.”

She remained silent. Knowing well that there was nothing she could say or do to make him feel better about the situation. They had failed to protect the kid, and the guilt was weighing them down.

It did not feel right at such moment, but he couldn’t help but notice how their fingers were entwined together. Her fair and smooth hand against his tanned and roughed one.

A perfect fit.

“You should get some sleep, Sakshi.”

“Will you be okay? Do you want to come in for a glass of chai?”

“I will be fine.” He sighed, “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being here. For hearing me out.”

“You know, when I first met you, I thought you were so mysterious. Your attitude, secrecy and intelligence intrigued me.”

“So, you are not intrigued anymore?” Arjun asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Nah. It took me a while, but I think I can manage to see through you fairly well.” Sakshi shrugged as if it was the easiest thing she has ever done.

“That’s a lot. You sure you can see through me?” he asked.

And Sakshi did not miss the amusement in his eyes and smiled, only nodding in response.

There was no denying in that. She knew him too well. One look at his face and she knew something was troubling him. Unknowingly and unintentionally, he had started to share his worries with her. He pretended to be unmoved, but he was touched to know that she understood his feelings as if she felt them too. She knew every person he held close, which is how she knew who Raju was. And the biggest proof was that he trusted her too much to not voice out his worries.

In this very moment, he forgot everything that worried him. All he could think was about her kohled eyes gazing into his and a certain emotion he could see brimming in her eyes. The wind blowing in the silence of the night made a strand of her hair drop, obstructing his view. Annoyed, he leaned forward and before he could realize or stop himself, his hand moved on its own accord and tucked it behind her ear.

He felt her breath hitch when his finger trailed lower and stopped at her chin. Her eyes went wide with surprise when he gently held her chin. Arjun could feel his own heartbeat thundering inside his rib cage and heard the change in the rhythm of her breathing.

Before either could understand what was happening, a distant honking seemed to snap Sakshi out of the haze and she pulled away.

That was enough to break the spell around them.

Arjun looked away and frowned.

What the hell?

He looked at her and realized she was nervously fiddling with her fingers but, even under the dim street light he could make the red tint on her cheeks. Surprisingly, a part of him felt wild and proud for coaxing such a reaction out of her.

“Sakshi...” Her head snapped up and her eyes went comically wide.

“Good night, Arjun.”

And before he could say anything, she opened the door, jumped out and slammed the door shut breaking into a run towards her apartment building.

Again, what the hell?

He just shook his head and waited until he saw the lights inside her apartment go on to start the ignition and drive away.

----------------------------

He was still heaving to catch his breath when he felt her soft body wrap itself around him. And before he could think over it, his gently started to soothe her in attempts to comfort her.

When she finally parted from him, Arjun forced himself to ignore the disappointment he felt at the absence of the warmth he felt when they held each other for a brief moment.

She was scolding him!

The anger and fire directed at him couldn’t be missed even if he were to be blind. Her eyes were blazing and she didn’t hesitate to express her exasperation. He only hoped that he was successful in concealing the bubbling adoration he was feeling as he watched this tiny woman scold him for his blunt ignorance towards the team’s concerns.

A few hours later, Arjun was driving Sakshi home just like he has been doing the same for months now. But the only difference was the silence that consumed the vehicle because for the first time forever, Miss. Sakshi Anand was quietly staring out of the window.

It felt so strange and empty that Arjun at once knew that he hated her silence. 

Sakshi’s voice was the bend in his usually straight life. 

Her smile was his saving grace. And knowing that he had upset her today made him feel monstrous, it was compelling him to make amends.

“I am right here, Sakshi.” He tried to pacify her.

She turned to look at him and he felt her eyes taking in his form in silence, it made him realize that she was trying to convince herself.

“You were unconscious when we pulled you out. I thought…” Her voice cracked at the end.

“Nothing would have happened to me.” The benignity in his own voice took him by surprise.

“How do you even know that? Arjun, why are you so heedless? You scared us all! What would have happened, had we failed to open the trunk in time?” Sakshi questioned.

One would think she was pouring all her anger, but not Arjun.

The familiar warm feeling he felt this morning when she and then later again when the team had held him tight returned ten times stronger, and this time, he felt his breath hitch and heart skip a beat. She was worried for him.

Arjun Rawte could feel his heart crack open and fall apart when he realized the extent of her agitation.

He was touched.

Arjun released his breath, stopped the vehicle on the roadside and turned to face her, “I trust you.” She could sense the sincerity oozing through his voice, “And I trust my team. I knew nothing would happen to me because you were watching over me.”

Sakshi closed her eyes and released a deep breath before relaxing her shoulders, “You shouldn’t trust us too much.”

A frown appeared on his face and she chuckled lightly, “You are too khadus to us… One day we will have enough of your tantrums and just let you be by yourself.”

A full-blown smile appeared on his face and Arjun shook his head overwhelmed with hilarity. Trust Sakshi with cracking the lamest jokes at the toughest times.

Garajne wale baraste nahi hai, Miss Sakshi Anand. Had you wanted me dead that bad, I would be lying in a mortuary by now.” Arjun chuckled.

“You are the most infuriating man I have ever met, Arjun. You drive me to the brink of insanity every time you do something like this. First someone attempts to kill you and you just let everyone believe you are dead. Then that psycho serial killer you chased alone and now this.” Sakshi complained with a pout that the A.C.P found adorable.

“What can I say? I am a wanted man.” He smirked.    

“Don’t ever do this ever again.” Before Arjun could say something, she shook her head, “Please, Arjun. We care for you. I have said this before and I am saying this again, each one of us respects you and you are a part of our family. Losing you would destroy us, Arjun. Please, do this for us.”

Right at this moment, he saw too many emotions reflecting in her eyes and it made him feel too many things, too quickly. He wanted to respond with a smart comment but he could bring himself to do so, because he knew that she was right.

This wasn’t just a team.

This is his family.

The one he chose and swore to protect.

Edited by Akshata2010 - 3 years ago
Butterfly09 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey

Thanks for such a long update dear!!! 

Well it's beautiful. 

Loved every bit of it. 

Every emotions and feelings are nicely penned. 

Sakshi's care and worry effecting Arjun to the core. 

The little lovely dovely moment is also beautiful. 

Excited for next update

Update soon

And if possible please PM me whenever you update. 

devikadevthosh thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Nice update 

You very well showed emotional side of arakshi and ETF

Continue soon 

Tukey123 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Nice update

Continue soon

deep.d19 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank you for updating, Akshu.

I loved every word you wrote. As usual you surpassed my expectations. You just refreshed my Arakshi memories from all those years ago. I remembered that episode of Sakshi's bday and I was soooo surprised that Arjun wished her before anyone else. In his own way, Arjun proved that he cared for her and that she meant something to him.

And today your story made me nostalgic. Thank you so much for this beautiful part. I am eagerly waiting for the next part!!

Also thank you for the PM.

🤗

riduu thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for long update dear 

Exactly what we wanted to see in the. show 

I'm so happy after reading this update 👍🏼

You have described the emotions so nicely 👏

I am so over satisfied that I have read ur update 3rd  time but still  I can't get over it 🤪

Please continue soon

And sorry for late comment 

Arakshi234 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Whooo what an update really very awesome 🤗👏

You makes Arakshi memoirs fresh ❤️

You nicely conveyed things 

sakshi's love for Arjun 

Arjun feelings on sakshi ❤️

etf bond 👍🏼

Loved it Arakshi moment ☺️