Anupamaa

About Face

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Today’s epi was a pleasant surprise. Anupama was not her usual hesitant deprecating self while speaking to Rekhaben (adding that ben as Kinjal’s mom would hate that moniker). Anupama was all mother and strangely when she is playing mother, she becomes confident and firm like at the food stall and with her students at school. 

Second, I was waiting for Ba to speak up in defense of her daughter in law and she did it with aplomb. Ba tried her best to put Rekhaben in her place but that woman had lost all control today. Was a little disappointed that Vanraj did not speak up before Ba but Ba is softening - her gesturing to the neighbors that it was her bahu singing was also a nice touch. The woman is not totally without heart, looks like. Small mercies.

Vanraj though a little late to enter the fray, was incensed enough at the insults hurled at his wife that he flung the dandiya sticks fiercely to break the earthen pot. He stood between Anupama and Rekhaben and angrily demanded how dare the woman speak to his wife like that. 

Kavya’s face was a sight to see.  Did she expect to whirl her way into Vanraj’s heart and take over his life completely? He is a married man, has had three kids with the woman he is wedded to, is for all his other faults a devoted dad and a loving son, surely he has a modicum of propriety to stand up for his wife?

The precap from Saturday showed Paritosh petulantly leaving the house blaming his mother for the break up of his relationship with Kinjal. In the precap, Vanraj stops Anupama from going behind her brat of a son and while it might be too much to hope, wishing that Vanraj was asking Anupama not to go after their son in an effort to teach Paritosh a lesson and not as an attempt at high handedness towards Anupama. 

Looping back, liked the Anupama today, strong, confident, not apologetic, no “saari”/sorry interspersed in her explanations to Rekhaben. Also, for a woman that topped her class in high school surely Anupama must understand basic English? 

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Susan.Dsouza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Today’s epi was a pleasant surprise. Anupama was not her usual hesitant deprecating self while speaking to Rekhaben (adding that ben as Kinjal’s mom would hate that moniker). Anupama was all mother and strangely when she is playing mother, she becomes confident and firm like at the food stall and with her students at school. 

Second, I was waiting for Ba to speak up in defense of her daughter in law and she did it with aplomb. Ba tried her best to put Rekhaben in her place but that woman had lost all control today. Was a little disappointed that Vanraj did not speak up before Ba but Ba is softening - her gesturing to the neighbors that it was her bahu singing was also a nice touch. The woman is not totally without heart, looks like. Small mercies.

Vanraj though a little late to enter the fray, was incensed enough at the insults hurled at his wife that he flung the dandiya sticks fiercely enough to break the earthen pot. He stood between Anupama and Rekhaben and angrily demanded how dare the woman speak to his wife like that. 

Kavya’s face was a sight to be see.  Did she expect to whirl her way into Vanraj’s heart and take over his life completely? He is a married man, has had three kids with the woman he is wedded to, is for all his other faults a devoted dad and a loving son, surely he has a modicum of propriety to stand up for his wife?

The precap from Saturday showed Paritosh petulantly leaving the house blaming his mother for the break up of his relationship with Kinjal. In the precap, Vanraj stops Anupama from going behind her brat of a son and while it might be too much to hope wishing that Vanraj was asking Anupama not to go after their son in an effort to teach Paritosh a lesson and not an attempt at high handedness towards Anupama. 

Looping back, liked the Anupama today, strong, confident, not apologetic, no “saari”/sorry interspersed in her explanations to Rekhaben. Also, for a woman that topped her class in high school surely Anupama must understand basic English? 

love the way you describe and give ur point of view about today episode

even i love today epi for me vinraj dance was bit suprising  and he did it really well

i dont understand why rakhiben  even yelling so loud top of her lungs where her daughter lie to

her and blaming anu for no reason 

i love vinraj mom take stand for anu for first time and show rakhiben her real place

"i love blouse wala taunt" that was bit hilarious for me lolz 

i cant wait for tomorrow epi where vinraj finally take stand for his wife 

and kavya expression was worth watching

i dont understand one thing why paritosh blame Anu where he know kinjal was the one

who lie to her mom may be Anu is soft target everyone blame her for the things which she should

not be blamed for at last

as you mention  Anu become more confident when things comes on her kids i totally agree with you in this 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Vanraj  is not genuinely  standing for anupama  . He is doing  it because just to make  feel kavya  jealous and insecure  . By standing for anupama   , vanraj want to tell  to kavya ust like kavya feel bad when  vanraj is with anupama in same vanraj also feel bad when kavya is with anirudh 

So it is trick made by vanraj so that kavya should not be with anirudh 

And vanraj going  to treat  anupama as maid  not as wife as usual 

Susan.Dsouza thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Vanraj  is not genuinely  standing for anupama  . He is doing  it because just to make  feel kavya  jealous and insecure  . By standing for anupama   , vanraj want to tell  to kavya ust like kavya feel bad when  vanraj is with anupama in same vanraj also feel bad when kavya is with anirudh 

whether vinraj doing this genuinely or not that we going to get know after tomorrow episode 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

It is  already clear in yesterday episode that he is showing fake  feeling to anupama when vanraj ask  anupama to dance  then he look kavya to see how she is getting irrating  when he is with anupama 

Vanraj keep looking at kavya  and enjoying her insecurity when he show fake feeling to anupama 

If vanraj  has really has real feeling of anupama then  vanraj should have not bother how kavya  is feeling. In fact he should not have look kavya again and again to see whether  kavya feeling insecure or not 

His looking to kavya again and again and enjoying her insecurity itself show that he  indirectly want to tell kavya that  like kavya feel insecure when vanraj is with anupama  he also feel insecure when he saw kavya with anirudh

And also vanraj  did not stand for anupama  because he has feeling for her but because he want to show to guest that  how good husband he is  

And it happen also   some husband don't give any damm to their wife but in front of guest they show they are good husband and how they are really care for their  wife 

And also in promo vanraj is still blaming his wife and scolding her 

Susan.Dsouza thumbnail

It is  already clear in yesterday episode that he is showing fake  feeling to anupama when vanraj ask  anupama to dance  then he look kavya to see how she is getting irrating  when he is with anupama 

Vanraj keep looking at kavya  and enjoying her insecurity when he show fake feeling to anupama 

If vanraj  has really has real feeling of anupama then  vanraj should have not bother how kavya  is feeling. In fact he should not have look kavya again and again to see whether  kavya feeling insecure or not 

His looking to kavya again and again and enjoying her insecurity itself show that he  indirectly want to tell kavya that  like kavya feel insecure when vanraj is with anupama  he also feel insecure when he saw kavya with anirudh

And also vanraj  did not stand for anupama  because he has feeling for her but because he want to show to guest that  how good husband he is  

And it happen also   some husband don't give any damm to their wife but in front of guest they show they are good husband and how they are really care for their  wife 

that i know that dance and all is just to make kavya jealous iam talking abt taking stand somewhere i feel that stand might be genuine one because it been 20 year to their marriage

Anu atleast deserve this much from vinraj i knw in the end vinraj going to blame her only 

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Vanraj would be less of a man then he is already is if he didnt lose his temper after the insults Anupamaa was getting, how can someone still be quiet, so to some genuineness he stepped in i guess. 

As for Ba, she isn't bad like evil, she is just lazy (kinda selfish), ignorant at times to Anupamaa, and has sharp tongue on her but she isnt evil like other MIL can be as we seen

Edited by Lennie - 3 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Susan.Dsouza

love the way you describe and give ur point of view about today episode

even i love today epi for me vinraj dance was bit suprising  and he did it really well

i dont understand why rakhiben  even yelling so loud top of her lungs where her daughter lie to

her and blaming anu for no reason 

i love vinraj mom take stand for anu for first time and show rakhiben her real place

"i love blouse wala taunt" that was bit hilarious for me lolz 

i cant wait for tomorrow epi where vinraj finally take stand for his wife 

and kavya expression was worth watching

i dont understand one thing why paritosh blame Anu where he know kinjal was the one

who lie to her mom may be Anu is soft target everyone blame her for the things which she should

not be blamed for at last

as you mention  Anu become more confident when things comes on her kids i totally agree with you in this 

Thank you! Yes, the blouse taunt was funny. And felt bad for Kinjal, Ba chiding that both Rekhaben and Kinjal should learn sanskar, Kinjal already has them, poor girl. Paritosh is blinded by love and is a spoilt brat just like Pakhi is. Hopefully, he will grew up fast. 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

It was ridiculous the way Vanraj was behaving to make Kavya jealous. From manipulating Anupama into making sure Kavya shows up at the event to the pink sari remark to batting his eyes at Anupama to get Kavya upset, the effort on Vanraj’s part was cringeworthy. But his standing up to Rekhaben was genuine, I feel, and not part of the “let’s make Kavya jealous act”. Today will tell. 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

You may be absolutely right. Vanraj might have stopped Rekhaben not as a concerned husband but just as the man of the house whose wife was being insulted. Either way, Rekhaben deserved it.