Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Online negativity has nothing to do with ground reality?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Negativity around a movie at max will affect the opening but over all its the content that decides the fate of a movie. If a product is good, then it will definitely do well.

I really think online trolls don't define ground reality. Look at Kangana, for example. She has an army of supporters online, but her movies fail to garner even a decent initial. Even a sunny, sweet-tempered film like Panga got 2 crore opening.

On the other hand, Kabir Singh got so much criticism online, but the movie almost made 300 crores.

Same goes for Padmavaat -- it was trolled online, but got a bumper opening and went on to do extremely well.

I think movie- going audience is different from online keyboard warriors.

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morty thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapak was flop both online and offline

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Negativity in masses have everything to do with reality. Trailers getting massive likes show audience support and dislikes show audience rage.

when it is in minimal amounts, then it has nothing to do with it.

The audience is crazy and if they don’t like something in masses, they will go through with it.

There is a difference between opinion and criticism and rage/rejection.

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
briahna thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: mintyblue

Negativity around a movie at max will affect the opening but over all its the content that decides the fate of a movie. If a product is good, then it will definitely do well.

I really think online trolls don't define ground reality. Look at Kangana, for example. She has an army of supporters online, but her movies fail to garner even a decent initial. Even a sunny, sweet-tempered film like Panga got 2 crore opening.

On the other hand, Kabir Singh got so much criticism online, but the movie almost made 300 crores.

Same goes for Padmavaat -- it was trolled online, but got a bumper opening and went on to do extremely well.

I think movie- going audience is different from online keyboard warriors.

Discuss.

mere ungli meh blisters ho gaye theh ....manikarnika ko promote kar kar keh...phir bhi boxoffice and JANTA not listened.

they made the movie average to floppy. yup the same janta...the ones who are going doing claps on kanagana keh bhaashans

day in day out, i was alone sitting in review topic for manikarnika....parr koi parinda parr maarneh nahi aaya...

MaalGang thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Morty

Chapak was flop both online and offline

Still Chhapaak opened more than Panga and still one of the best female centric opening this year πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Among all the movies, Chhapaak was the less family movie, hard hitting subject which even some people couldn’t watch compared to an entertainer like Panga 

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Generally the anger has only been from certain groups. This time its from people all over the world. 

Even if if box office success is attained, audiences will no longer worship these celebs. Har jagah se bum pe laat mila hai inko πŸ˜† Box office earnings cannot buy public adulation and without love from masses, celebs ki ego toh bas phat jayegi. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: briahna

mere ungli meh blisters ho gaye theh ....manikarnika ko promote kar kar keh...phir bhi boxoffice and JANTA not listened.

they made the movie average to floppy. yup the same janta...the ones who are going doing claps on kanagana keh bhaashans

day in day out, i was alone sitting in review topic for manikarnika....parr koi parinda parr maarneh nahi aaya...

I'll do some justice to those blisters. Zaaya jaane nahin dunga. Will watch it πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yes if online popularity mattered then kangana would have been the star of the century but alas she just delivered her 7th consecutive disaster

Maaya_Memsaab thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

2021 -Nobody remembers all these nepo vs outsiders nonsense, i bet ya right now. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

No it doesn't, but the problem is, online outrage hurts brand image.

I mean do you think ground level audience cares about so called "misogyny" in Kabir Singh, no they didn't, they rather made the movie blockbuster.

But it also costed Shahid best actor award.

So while it has nothing to do with the normal ground level audience, in the world of PR and brand building, it makes a difference. Because while social.media audience number is less, but they whine and shout million times more than normal audience. And there will come a time when both ground level and social.media will be same because nowadays everyone has a mobile and free data.