Gunja Saxena should have released in the theaters - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Everyone thought this was going to be Jhanvi’s Highway but looks like it’s Jhanvi’s Neerja.

Haven’t seen it. Read Gunjan’s story and it’s inspirational. 

She definitely deserved someone better portraying her . 

There is already a Meryl Streep so what nickname will be floated and pushed around? 

I don’t watch these types tho 😆😆

Imo jhanvi did very well. She has that innocence in her face. You can actually feel her struggle. Her scenes with Pankaj Tripathy are ❤ . Idk which actress would have done better but Jahnvi justified the role

Originally posted by subhs

Imo jhanvi did very well. She has that innocence in her face. You can actually feel her struggle. Her scenes with Pankaj Tripathy are ❤ . Idk which actress would have done better but Jahnvi justified the role

I will watch it now.

Originally posted by grumpydwarf

That's Dharma they make every effort to hire the best directors and story writers. But for main leads the job always goes to mediocrity. They know contact is king. So acting can even be mediocre.  

FYI: I haven't watched it. Should I give it a try? It goes against my oath of boycotting Dharma. 

It's definitely worth a watch👍🏼

The movie was well made, but janvi was meh. I dunno just couldn't feel her character as much as I should have. Maybe the whole last 25mins wasn't as strong for me in terms of her performance. But the real gunjan saxena is suchi an inspiration.👍🏼

Tell me how it was. Most times these rah rah women movies are lame 😆

Edited by Maroonporsche - 3 years ago

Originally posted by mintyblue

It's definitely worth a watch👍🏼

Ok so I watched it on your recommendation. The dad had very relatable character traits. Most dad would do anything to make their daughters dreams come true. (Yup even resort to nepotism if they HAVE to).  It reminded me of my dad. I stumbled and forgot my speech in a symposium contest one. He caught people mocking me and told them don't worry I will prepare her. And would practice with me daily the next year the competition came and I won first place. I was the slowest runner in cross country . He took me running every day in the summer and I improved significantly. Again poor scores in math test. He would stay up all night tutoring me. Never wanted me to give up or lose confidence in myself. Yup def like my dad besides missing the stern disciplinarian part. Gunjan really didn't need it. 

As much as I liked Pankaj Tripathi's performance. Jhanvi honestly did not do much for me. She was very one tone. The anger line when she says "plane udaane aayi thi. Uthaane nayi." It didn't even display anger or frustration forget pain of not being able to accomplish your dreams due to societal barriers. Her dialogue delivery at "main kabie aapko harne nahi doon gi paapa" was flat. I mean it was enjoyable. But I did imagine if an actress like Kokona Sen Sharma would make it better. And despite being well made it wasn't unique in any aspect. We have seen many films that indicate if you dont give up, work hard you can make the impossible possible. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 3 years ago